oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Ipswich (A) 2-2 (Downing, Bamford)

From Pulis' remarks at his presser this morning, I'd be very surprised if there weren't at least 3 or 4 changes from last saturday's XI

I haven't seen his remarks but my thinking was that if I was in his position I'd want to give some game time to a few people who haven't played as much lately in case they were needed in the play offs.  So Leadbitter and Bamford would be two I'd expect to see.  Then you've got the likes of Cranie/Fabio and Harrison/Johnson as well.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

From Pulis' remarks at his presser this morning, I'd be very surprised if there weren't at least 3 or 4 changes from last saturday's XI

I haven't seen his remarks but my thinking was that if I was in his position I'd want to give some game time to a few people who haven't played as much lately in case they were needed in the play offs.  So Leadbitter and Bamford would be two I'd expect to see.  Then you've got the likes of Cranie/Fabio and Harrison/Johnson as well.

With the exception of Johnson (who usually doesn't make the bench), I think all the players you mentioned will either start or will at least get game time on Sunday.

Playing Harrison makes complete sense, gives him a game to show he could potentially make an impact in the playoffs whilst resting Adama. Same goes for Fabio and george and potentially Leadbitter and one of the midfielders.

With the exception of Johnson (who usually doesn't make the bench), I think all the players you mentioned will either start or will at least get game time on Sunday.

Yeah I was just thinking of Johnson as an alternative attacking option really.

I hope we do not have that many changes after all we have not won 4 league games on the spin and this would be a great chance to do just that, as I am going to the game what a good way to finish off the season!

Yes I know we have the play off games so a winning mentality is very important

anyone know if you can pay on the turnstyles tommorrow just got time off work and want too go

I'd imagine so, but unable to provide a definitive answer. It's an end of season game with nothing at stake for either and we normally have been unable to fill over half the stadium throughout (another poor) season so would suggest tickets would be available on the day for those coming down for an away visit.

Cobbold Stand has a good allocation for visiting fans and you'd be looking at between 25 - 30 pounds for an adult ticket and 8 - 15 for juniors. Would be surprised if they didn't allow you in without a booked ticket in advance but exercise caution all the same. Hope those coming down tomorrow enjoy their visit but would hope to take three points from you all the same.

Well Trekkers will be round my place at 0815 hrs then off to the game we go hoping to get to meet Boro95 at the pub by 1100

Must remember to get Red Rocket a birthday card along the way!

Glorious day and hopefully a glorious result too

not completely a nothing game for Ipswich. looking at the table they could finish above thier rivals with a win (and a sheff wed win) so local bragging rights (even though both would have possibly expected higher finishes) at stake. 

but should be a no pressure game which is a nice break for us in the middle of high pressure fixtures.

im expecting about 4 changes to the side and maybe just 45 mins for adama and a bamford/assombalonga swap at half time .

nice draw i reckon.

What i would go with today

................Dimi........................

Cranie...Fry...Gibson....Fabio

...............Leadbitter...............

.........Howson...Baker............

Harrison.....Bamford...Downing

Dimi - I think he will be going in the summer so i would give the fans a chance to say goodbye to what is a great servant to the club.

Cranie - Hasn't been in the best form but for me Shotton looks tired to me deserves a break.

Fry - Resting Ayala as he is crucial and hes still got a massive part to play if Ayala or Gibbo gets injured.

Gibbo - keep the back 4 intact today

Fabio - I know friend is the prefered but he does deserve his chance and yet again if friend gets injured hes got a huge part to play.

Leadbitter - Dont risk Clayton and hopefully leadbitter will be back to commanding that midfield with the rest hes had recently.

Howson - Probably swap at half time with Besic but both players need a bit of a rest ready for playoffs.

Baker - In many ways the forgotten man but id give him a chance to prove what he can do today while giving Besic or Howson a rest.

Harrison - Gives harrison a run out he needs and rests Adama so win win. #

Bamford - Needs a game to get him ready for the playoffs having not had a full one in awhile.

Downing- err would rest but cant think of player to fit that spot.

COME ON BORO

So happy our play off place is guaranteed today so I don't have to nervously check my phone ever few seconds whilst I'm sunning myself at the Cardiff City Stadium watching them vs Reading.

I wouldn't make masses of changes but I would rest 2-3 players Adama being one of those.

Randolph

Friend

Gibson

Ayala

Cranie

Clayton

Leadbitter

Howson

Downing

Harrison

Britt

1-1 Britt to score