oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Ipswich (A) 2-2 (Downing, Bamford)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Ayala looked miles offside when watching it earlier but difficult to tell with no replays. After re-watching the highlights I still couldn't tell. But it looked like the one cleared out of Ipswich's goal had crossed the line and that possibly the actual foul Gibson made was slightly outside of the area, not inside. Clutching at straws a bit with the 2nd one there though, it was very difficult to tell from the camera angle.

I thought Ayala looked miles offside when watching it earlier but difficult to tell with no replays. After re-watching the highlights I still couldn't tell. But it looked like the one cleared out of Ipswich's goal had crossed the line and that possibly the actual foul Gibson made was slightly outside of the area, not inside. Clutching at straws a bit with the 2nd one there though, it was very difficult to tell from the camera angle.

All games in the championship have goal line tech now so unless it malfunctioned, it didn't cross.

I actually think that Derby are hitting some good form, since they lost to us.

Its important to think how they got that good form though, once Derby scored against cardiff they fell apart which gave derby the confidence for the run they are currently on.

I'd be more confident playing them at Wembley than Fulham if we get there

All games in the championship have goal line tech now so unless it malfunctioned, it didn't cross.

Completely forgot about that, never mind then!

Well you left it late to get something from the game. Not making excuses but we should have seen victory out and it's not the first time we've allowed teams back in it during absurd additional times during second halves. 97th minute ? Hell that hurt but there were certain positives to take.

A point each was maybe fair in the end despite how it eventually occurred and feel jealous in a sense that the opposition's season will continue and a chance of another play-off final appearance.

Up to you now, it's yours to lose it. Three games for a place in the Premier League but saw enough today to see you're in with a chance and possess an array of decent players. We have a lot of rebuilding to do here in the summer what with a new manager and expectations seemed to rise after today and recent weeks following McCarthy's departure but another season after the one just witnessed won't be tolerated by many.

So, you'll either be a premier league team by August or fall foul of the play-offs once again. Good luck anyway, you may just need it.

Thanks for you input TSB and your comments.

Who do you hope takes over at Portman Road?

And I agree fair result yesterday your defenders certainly through their bodies on the line at times.

it was a tricky game, you could see our players were pulling out of (some) tackles probably afraid to get injured. although i thought we were okay we were holding back a bit in reserve. god knows what we were doing in the build up to the penna, comical defending. i thought town knocked the ball about well on the counter but we were unlucky to be behind and deserved a draw in the end. on another day we'd have won. cut out that error for the pen and take a few of the guilt edge chances and it would have looked an comfortable win. fine margins i suppose its why football is such a loved game.

Cheers for that TSB - from an outside perspective, it seems to me that Ipswich need someone who's going to help find an identity for the club. Either a young, hungry manager who has convictions in their brand of football or someone like Mogga with a strong connection to the club.

Most the names linked so far seem pretty uninspiring...

I'd be more confident playing them at Wembley than Fulham if we get there

Yeah, I'm not so sure. We had two pretty tight games against Fulham. Derby not so much.

I guess there's a bigger difference between Derby's good and bad.

I have only seen these highlights and it looked like a good game to watch!

https://www.flashscore.dk/kamp/nwC3vZwj/#video

If you pause the clip at the right time, you can see, that Ayala wasn't off side!

Gibson was a bit off, for both Tractor goals, but MAYBE the penna was a freekick at the edge of the box?

Nice to see a Harrison assist in a very short cameo

Bring on Villa