oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa - Playoff Semi Final (First Leg) 0-1

The final game of the season at The Riverside and can claim the title of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON without the ............so far!

Simply and I believe that this has to be a "must win" game and I feel we have to win by two clear goals to take it to Villa Park with a chance to reach the play-off final.

Been a weird season and I had for a long time thought we had blown our chances due to what we all endured but the realisation that we still have an outside chance has crept up with some pace.

What a game to look forward to, full house, passion and I believe both teams will go for it as Villa would probably like an away goal or two and a win to hold on at their gaff.

Hopefully Traore will keep himself in check and not do anything rash this time and prove to the Villa fans that he is a different player now.

I also think Besic just might be the difference in tis game

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice. I'm going to make this my first ever Boro game(born and raised in Manchester but a lifelong Boro fan, don't ask :)) and so was wondering which stand I'd be best getting a ticket for.

I'll be coming on my own(as you can imagine, not too many Boro fans in Manchester) and just want to enjoy the atmosphere as best as possible.

I wouldn’t wear your Villa colours if I were you...

I’d be really tempted to play Fabio for his pace at the back. We’ve been getting tortured recently.

And I was chuffed that Harrison put some decent crosses and the corner at Ipswich. Good to know we have another option if we need to go for it.

The final game of the season at The Riverside and can claim the title of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON without the ............so far!

Simply and I believe that this has to be a "must win" game and I feel we have to win by two clear goals to take it to Villa Park with a chance to reach the play-off final.

Been a weird season and I had for a long time thought we had blown our chances due to what we all endured but the realisation that we still have an outside chance has crept up with some pace.

What a game to look forward to, full house, passion and I believe both teams will go for it as Villa would probably like an away goal or two and a win to hold on at their gaff.

Hopefully Traore will keep himself in check and not do anything rash this time and prove to the Villa fans that he is a different player now.

I also think Besic just might be the difference in tis game

Good points, DS, but away goals don’t count double in the playoffs.

Yes am aware of that BWS but helps towards an aggregate score especially if Villa take a first leg lead, this is why I think it could be a very open game and vital to Boro to win

Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice. I'm going to make this my first ever Boro game(born and raised in Manchester but a lifelong Boro fan, don't ask :)) and so was wondering which stand I'd be best getting a ticket for.

I'll be coming on my own(as you can imagine, not too many Boro fans in Manchester) and just want to enjoy the atmosphere as best as possible.

There's a few lads I used to meet up with down here to watch the games and chat Boro but that seemed to fizzle out a little bit (quite a few of them moved back to Middlesbrough after a few years working here). 

I've just bought an apartment in Ancoats, if we make Wembley I'll be heading down from Manchester (similarly getting the megabus up for the playoff leg in South Stand). 

Could be worth a post in here to see how many Boro fans there are dotted around Greater Manchester (seen quite a few footie tops in and about) so you aren't going it alone!

Live near Northern Quarter

Bruce is an experienced manager and has a few play off wins under his belt. I think they will look to keep it very tight, and shackle Adama who they know plenty about. I'm not sure Villa would see losing 1-0 to be a disaster as they would back themselves against anyone at home. Really don't want to go to Villa Park chasing a deficit and I'm sure Tony doesn't either, so I expect us to set up to be similarly cautious.

Neither team has lost after going in front this season, and I don't see that changing here. Tight game, 1-0 to whoever grabs a late sweaty goal is my bet. Fingers crossed its us!

Just had a quick look at theach Villa forum,they seem pretty confident that over the two legs they have far too much for us.

There only concern is a lack of pace in the team.

Let's see.

3-1 home win and a 1-1 away draw will see us at Wembley. We win there 2-0 against Derby to see us up

Regardless of my thoughts on TP I will mainly be drinking from the half full cup from now on!

There's a few lads I used to meet up with down here to watch the games and chat Boro but that seemed to fizzle out a little bit (quite a few of them moved back to Middlesbrough after a few years working here). 

I've just bought an apartment in Ancoats, if we make Wembley I'll be heading down from Manchester (similarly getting the megabus up for the playoff leg in South Stand). 

Could be worth a post in here to see how many Boro fans there are dotted around Greater Manchester (seen quite a few footie tops in and about) so you aren't going it alone!

Seems like there's a few on here. I'm living over by the Trafford Centre at the moment.

I'll be driving up on Saturday for the game if anyone needs a lift up like.

Just had a quick look at theach Villa forum,they seem pretty confident that over the two legs they have far too much for us.

There only concern is a lack of pace in the team.

Let's see.

I'd make them favourites based on a better season but 'far too much for us' is a bit overconfident. On paper I don't think there's much between both teams.

In the playoffs as well a bit of luck with a refereeing decision or the bounce of a ball could be the difference.

I don't think there's a great deal between us but enough to suggest they should beat us, especially with home leg being 2nd. I can see Bruce looking to keep it tight on Teesside. Think he'll be happy enough if we can only manage one goal difference in the first leg. Can't see them tactically changing anything unless we manage to force a 2 goal margin in good time.