oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa - Playoff Semi Final (First Leg) 0-1

Fairly disappointing really. One of those games where we just had no intensity from the off. We need to come out the second half and go straight at them and put them under some pressure.

For me it was more about tactics than intensity - Bruce has got this so right, they've shut down all our threats very well

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Assombolonga back into do nothing mode (or need 17 chances mode) - get Bamford on. Also someone remind traote to pass the ball when he has 4 men around him - he doesn’t always have to run. Poor first half. Gutted to concede from a corner. Let’s hope for a Pulis masterclass at the break.

Goal comes from tactically winning the set piece. Grabban's role is so important there. Bet they were quite happy Gibson was on that post but he has absolutely no idea where the ball is. Brilliant header for sure but a man on the far post stops that one with ease. Keith Andrews is putting some blame on Britt but he's there for the near post cross, can't blame him.

Britt has had 3 half chances but can hardly blame him for the lack of a goal. Passing is slow and predictable. The fact we've created any chances at all comes as a real surprise to me watching that. Besic non-existent. Shotton lethargic. Howson decent. Randolph the only reason we're not out of this particular leg.

I dislike Grealish just so much, he has the face I would like to slap the most, whinging little poser

I've been going on at him this half for moaning at the ref every foul... but you have to say by now, he has been getting the exact kind of treatment that Adama gets from everyone else.

I'd actually replace shotten at half time. He's been absolutely woeful.

Not sure what he brings to the side he appears weak in all aspects but especially his defensive marking and positioning, he is frankly woeful

I dislike Grealish just so much, he has the face I would like to slap the most, whinging little poser

I've been going on at him this half for moaning at the ref every foul... but you have to say by now, he has been getting the exact kind of treatment that Adama gets from everyone else.

Difference is Adama doesn’t whine every time a player gets near him.

I'm gonna say it but I don't think Villa have been all that good.

Unmarked goal and nearly a worldie from Snodgrass, but that's about it. We've just been terribly sloppy.

Spot on. Sitting back defensively and stifling Traore, but otherwise they don't look any better than teams we've beaten recently.