• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Villas experience just nullified our threats throughout the team.

Terry, Hutton, Chester, Snodgrass and Jedinak proved a solid Base and stopped Adama throughout the entire game.

Big fan of Pulis however he got it majorly wrong today tactically, why on gods earth didn't he move Adama back over to the right hand side 2nd half when they put Elhomady at left back is beyond me!

Like for like subs with Britt and Bamford didn't make sense to me when your needing a goal!

Thought Fabio gave us that bit extra width so providing Ayala is fit then I would drop Shotton for away leg.

Didn't think there was much between the sides but we were toothless in the final 3rd.

You still have to believe it can be done, but you have to ask the question. Can you really see us not conceding at Villa park on Tuesday? I don't think we're good enough to grind a 1-0 away from home against a top experienced team like Villa.

Big changes required in the summer whether we go up or not.

Keep the faith UTB

Got to agree with the masses we simply underperformed all across the park, Villa were tactically brilliant in defence and dealt with Traore with ease however we saw the selfish Traore today plus some others.

No team after losing the first home play-off games has gone up and seeing as we now have to score a minimum of 2 goals without Villa scoring I will not hold my breath.

Fabio needs to replace George in the next game as he was the worst on the pitch today and we looked more threatening when he came on.

The header from Ass was unlucky but his two shots on goal were very poor.

Sums it up really we were poor and the fans were let down.

Saw Red Rocket with her face in her palms as the camera focused on Pulis

I don't think we played that bad today and I certainly don't think we bottled it.

Sometimes you be just got to accept you're up against a very good side (at this level). It was always going to be a tough ask to beat Villa over two legs and then to concede a bad goal so early gave us a mountain to climb.

I didn't agree with a few of Pulis's decisions today, I would have started Bamford over Britt because I just think he contributes so much more to the team with his movement. I also agree with the point above about moving Traore back to the right in the second half, especially when Adomah went off. Would it have made any difference though I'm not sure.

Hopefully the team will be more positive than the fans going into the second leg, it's going to be a tough ask but the tie isn't over yet.

I don't think we played that bad today and I certainly don't think we bottled it.

Sometimes you be just got to accept you're up against a very good side (at this level). It was always going to be a tough ask to beat Villa over two legs and then to concede a bad goal so early gave us a mountain to climb.

I didn't agree with a few of Pulis's decisions today, I would have started Bamford over Britt because I just think he contributes so much more to the team with his movement. I also agree with the point above about moving Traore back to the right in the second half, especially when Adomah went off. Would it have made any difference though I'm not sure.

Hopefully the team will be more positive than the fans going into the second leg, it's going to be a tough ask but the tie isn't over yet.

exactly as i saw things ,Duvel.

our achilles heel dictated the result as it has during the whole season ...the team looks better now but we dont get into the danger area anywhere near enough .

i   think on the whole weve  achieved  the most weve deserved  barring two  suprise  90 min performances .

Ok im not going to negative about the game its gone nothing we can do about it and its only half time effectively in the tie we can still do this. However i would make changes going forward based upon todays performaces -

gk Randolph

Lb Friend

Cb Fry (presuming ok course Ayala is not going to make it, Shotton is too sloppy for the playoffs he will give them a goal if he plays)

Cb Gibbo

Rb Fabio

Cdm Clayton

Cm - Howson

Cm - Besic

Rw - Harrison (Troare rested so that second half he goes upfront with Bamford against a knackered Terry by that point possibly taking Clayton off or going three at the back by taking friend off)

Lw - Downing

St - Bamford

Neither Bamford or Britt had anything going for them today. I was honestly so peeved that we made the like for like change today when Villa were camped in their own half of their own accord. Would have happily sacrificed a midfielder to bring him on as apart from Howson, our midfield was static and playing in front of Villa's anyway. We needed an extra body in the box, not something different.

It might be a negative way to look at things but I don't think we need to go all guns blazing at Villa Park. The longer we keep the game nil nil the more nervous Villa will get.

If we get to 80 minutes at nil nil we're still in the game.

It might be a negative way to look at things but I don't think we need to go all guns blazing at Villa Park. The longer we keep the game nil nil the more nervous Villa will get.

Indeed, also why I don't believe Fabio will start at Villa Park. If anything, I think Villa will come out like that to grab an early-ish goal and give us a mountain to climb.

But that also might be the best period for us to score a goal and get back into it whilst Villa are wanting to make the game more comfortable. We might have looked to be more in the game at 1-0 when they were backs to the walls but ultimately they were very comfortable with everything we threw at them.

Indeed, also why I don't believe Fabio will start at Villa Park. If anything, I think Villa will come out like that to grab an early-ish goal and give us a mountain to climb.

But that also might be the best period for us to score a goal and get back into it whilst Villa are wanting to make the game more comfortable. We might have looked to be more in the game at 1-0 when they were backs to the walls but ultimately they were very comfortable with everything we threw at them.

Thing is the longer it stays at 1-0 to them the more belief they get, go for a goal and you get it then it makes it nervy for them at 1-1 because the crowd may get on their backs or be silent.

Was a disappointing performance. Very frustrating to watch, but villa did a job on us.

We really should have scored one of our chances, but villa defended very well and we couldn't break them down.

On to tuesday