• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just waiting for results  Moldova is my favourite; lacked talent, but was pretty funny - like Besic's midfield performance today.

Well I'm listening to some decent music instead with a few beers.  Let me know who wins though!

Well firstly, i don't think we bottled it. We simply weren't good enough to break down their defence and on the few occasions we had a chance, we didn't take it. Before the game i was very pessimistic about our chances of beating them. Having watched todays game though i'm actually a bit more positive about getting a result at Villa Park. Yes they were very well organised but for me it was their physical presence that won it for them. But that was partly our own fault. It looked to me that we played too narrow and too often went straight down the middle which in my opinion was how they had set their stall out. If we go to Villa Park and play with more width then we may still get a result down there. I thought when Fabio came on, their defence just started to wobble a bit. Still all to play for i say.

At 1-0 it’s not over. Of course not the best result but it means we won’t be going there to defend an advantage. Sloppy goal to give away but it happens. Villa are much more organised and more threatening but these games also require some luck. Lets keep on hoping.

The best part of the match was when Leo was stood with the fans, starting off chants. What passion that man has for the club. I was nearly crying watching his video message before the match!

Hopefully Ayala is fit for Tuesday, for me it seemed every player was taking 3-4 touches More than they needed to, britt was making some decent runs and there was a few times if the ball had been released to him he would have been through on goal.

Adama is the laziest footballer I've ever seen, would not move off the touchline, the ball would drop at the far post where he should be attacking the ball and there would be no one there, other times there would be huge spaces to attack wide and he would just stand still in the touchline waiting for the ball at his feet and then dribble into a crowd of 4 players.

As for Eurovision I hear Harry Kane won it.

I'll have the 2nd leg thread up this evening*

*tomorrow morning I get drunk today**

**It'll be tomorrow morning.

So - got to the match early so I could hang around the statues but couldn't quite settle there (I think it was the samba band - anyone thought of getting up a petition to get rid of them?) .

Got into ground and atmosphere felt great - watched Leo and thought "wow this is our day" then the game - I can't put my finger on it but I remember playing Brentford in the same situation and there was this buzz, we all knew we were going to do them, the players were sharp and confident that day - this time it wasn't there, I won't point out the obvious as we know which players didn't turn up - btw Shotton was crap, Besic misfired and even though Britt made some good runs no one fancied passing it to him. Everything seemed slow and laboured - the shining light was how bright Fabio was when he came on.

We certainly didn't deserve to win although I didn't think we deserved to lose either as they were equally flat.

After the game I knocked about around the satues again to see if it was better than earlier without the samba band (forget the petition) decided no and quickly trotted off to the Navi to argue with a bloke who blamed it all on Howson, as from his view in the stands Howson didn't touch the ball once, didn't put a single tackle in and ambled about.

Lessons learnt from today;- we are better than we were today so theres some hope, the statues aren't all they're cracked up to be and theres people who can watch the same game as you and see the exact opposite of what you do - my guess is he was a forum member.

Driving home I thought Neil Maddison had been at another game, according to him we were the better side, dominated possession etc absolute Bull ***. Villa were comfortable they came out 2nd half and decided to sit back and play on the counter, they didn't need to do anything else, they had the goal and already done a job on Traore. John Terry was superb, a proper captain and leader who organises his defense and leads by example.we were lucky to go in at half time only one down.

Conceding the first goal was the issue. If we'd scored first I reckon we'd have gone on and won it but instead they did and it played into their hands. If we score first at Villa Park we'll have a great shot though as it's a bit harder to sit and contain when you're behind and the tie is in jeopardy.

Obviously the ties not over, but I can see Villa players being lifted playing in front of a full house, I hope I'm wrong I just don't fancy us at all.

A bit like buying the lottery ticket and waiting the draw. The outcome is predictable but there is always hope and a chance.