• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Toothless. Fair result, can't really complain. I think this is about our level to be honest, Villa are about a goal better than us. How dissapointment though to concede from a corner.

Unless Tony has a master plan up his sleeve then I don't expect to win at Villa Park after watching that.

Pretty much carbon copy of the job that Bruce did on us at Christmas. Tactically better than us today.

Still, not out of it and you never know what might happen on Tuesday!

Well done villa. Nothing in it. We go again

Utb

Pretty much. They played a perfect game and we didn’t do enough with the ball. Loads of possession but ultimately didn’t threaten enough. Still in with a decent chance but villa big favorites now.

Villa deserved that to be fair. But just as we’d have felt a 1-0 advantage would be a very slim one to take into the second leg, Villa will be feeling the same. It’s all in our hands now, although it’s not ideal I’m not too downhearted just yet...

Just not that good really. Poor. Goal comes from a poorly defended set piece and we now have to go to Villa and win because of it.

Not beyond the realms of possibility, I'm not sure how Villa will set up but I think they could set up to defend as deep as that for another 90 minutes and we still wouldn't break them down so I think it's their tie to lose.

Pretty good picture of why you need to be strong on both flanks. It’s too easy for villa to shut us out by just marking Traore. Hopefully we will have a bit more room in the second leg as villa will push up a bit further due to being at home. 75-25 in villas favor now. Can’t see us doing it realistically but I pray we do.

Villa did a job on us defensively and now obviously have a big advantage for the second leg. I thought Clayton had a really good game and Fabio was dangerous when he came on, but at the end of the day they sucked the attacking life out of us. We really need a pair of new full backs next season. Now taking tremendous stick from all these Brummies around me, I would so love us to get a result down here, but I cannot honestly see it happening.

Bamford has to start in the 2nd leg for me.

Its only 1 goal so we are not out of it yet, we need to go at them at Villa park and make sure we get more support up to the front players.

Traore needs to be told to calm down and be realistic, taking on 5 players isn't going to work, and if there's 5 players on him he needs to release the ball quickly to someone else and captilize on the fact they aren't marking someone else.

Downing had a pretty quiet game and needs to step it up in the 2nd leg.

Well that was turd.

The whole midfield was poor and we were very bad on the ball overall. It was like watching the team under monk again. Ponderous tippy tappy stuff.

Think the difference was all of Boros players scored a 6 except maybe Randolph a 7

All of Villas players scored a 7 with the exception of Grealish who scored a 8