• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the ties not over, but I can see Villa players being lifted playing in front of a full house, I hope I'm wrong I just  don't fancy us at all.

If we score first then that will change mate.  Ayala missing will be a blow but maybe Fabio in at right back will give us a bit more going the other way.

Ayala missing will be a massive blow in both boxes. Apart from the goals hes scored it would be interesting to know how many apart from that he'd been involved in given the majority of our goals come from set plays. Pretty sure we always aim for him from our long throws as well?

Was a typical Pulis game, no idea how to set us up as a attacking threat just hoping on Traore carrying us. Unfortunately he had a poor game, I'm not buying it was Villa's tactics or anything like that as I don't believe they could have stopped Traore if he was on form. I was actually surprised at how poor Villa were and that's what gives me a little hope for the second leg.

I'd like to see Bamford start as well. Not because Britt had a bad game really but Britt has a terrible first touch and therefore is pretty awful at holding up the ball. Bamford for all he doesn't have the physical attributes of Britt has a very good first touch. Think this will be needed far more if Villa sit in deep again.

well I cant see them sitting back at home even if they have 1-0 to go on

That will give us more space to counter. We are not creative enough when we have to be in the driving seat.

Driving home I thought Neil Maddison had been at another game, according to him we were the better side, dominated possession etc absolute Bull ***. Villa were comfortable they came out 2nd half and decided to sit back and play on the counter, they didn't need to do anything else, they had the goal and already done a job on Traore. John Terry was superb, a proper Bell end and despicable human being who organises his defense and leads by example.we were lucky to go in at half time only one down.

Correction

Ayala missing will be a massive blow in both boxes. Apart from the goals hes scored it would be interesting to know how many apart from that he'd been involved in given the majority of our goals come from set plays. Pretty sure we always aim for him from our long throws as well?

Was a typical Pulis game, no idea how to set us up as a attacking threat just hoping on Traore carrying us. Unfortunately he had a poor game, I'm not buying it was Villa's tactics or anything like that as I don't believe they could have stopped Traore if he was on form. I was actually surprised at how poor Villa were and that's what gives me a little hope for the second leg.

I'd like to see Bamford start as well. Not because Britt had a bad game really but Britt has a terrible first touch and therefore is pretty awful at holding up the ball. Bamford for all he doesn't have the physical attributes of Britt has a very good first touch. Think this will be needed far more if Villa sit in deep again.

Would have to disagree with you with regard to Traore, Villa done their homework, crowded him out,3 players surrounding him at times, never gave Traore time on the ball, that's why he was forced to change wings.

Would have to disagree with you with regard to Traore, Villa done their homework, crowded him out,3 players surrounding him at times, never gave Traore time on the ball, that's why he was forced to change wings.

Every team sticks 3 players on him, it usually makes no difference as he blitzes past them anyways.

He was off the boil, chose wrong options, touch was heavy.

Anyone else notice how Adama seems to stop the ball and think, instead of picking it up and running as he would maybe a month ago? When he pauses it gives them a chance to get 3-4 on him.

I have a feeling both Pat and Leadbitter will start on Tues. Clayton got through a lot of running on Saturday.

Anyone else notice how Adama seems to stop the ball and think, instead of picking it up and running as he would maybe a month ago? When he pauses it gives them a chance to get 3-4 on him.

I have a feeling both Pat and Leadbitter will start on Tues. Clayton got through a lot of running on Saturday.

That's usually because he's got no space to run into though, certainly the case against Villa.

And when there isn't any space, that's all part of his plan anyway. He slows it down because he's quick off the mark and others aren't. I certainly don't see it as hesitation or anything of that ilk.

Adama tried too hard He needs space to run into and villa didn’t give us that. At villa hopefully they will attack us giving him space

Good to see you post again.

I agree, I said after the game that it was like watching Adama pre-Pulis, thinking he had to do everything.

There were times yesterday where the team didn't help Traore either, bringing the ball out from the back and transitioning through midfield we move the ball too slow sometimes.

I noticed a few occasions where we could have got the ball into his feet earlier but by the time it eventually got there Villa had chance to double or triple up on him. It's obviously easy to see things sat in the stands but I think Pulis will want us to move the ball quicker on Tuesday.

The other thing with Traore is that he needs to learn sometimes when to just drop the ball off, especially when he's got three men round him. If he could play a quick one touch pass to a team mate he'd take 3 players out of the game. I'm not sure whether he's got the intelligence or touch to do it at the moment but I think it's something managers will work on in the future.

The best example of a player doing that is Messi, for all his genius on the pitch I'd say that 90% of his touches are simple 5 yard passes.

I’d like to see Bamford and Britt on Tuesday.

Bamford left, Britt centre, Adama right.

Drop downing deeper in place Clayton. Besic and Howson a nice balance alongside him.

Not sure which side Fabio should play but he needs to be on the pitch. 2nd half at Sheff U and yesterday he was class. I’d leave Friend out if we can find a way. Fabio left, Cranie right if Ayala out?