oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa - Playoff Semi Final (First Leg) 0-1

I don't think there's a great deal between us but enough to suggest they should beat us, especially with home leg being 2nd. I can see Bruce looking to keep it tight on Teesside. Think he'll be happy enough if we can only manage one goal difference in the first leg. Can't see them tactically changing anything unless we manage to force a 2 goal margin in good time.

i think if we played home second leg we'd be favourites, we are not though which is why its villa;s to lose imo.

hope we can do it but it will be tough.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Living/Working in Birmingham the Villa fans are chatting a good game to me. All other Blues/Baggies/Wolves fans reckon they're going to be knocked down a peg-or-two though.

Most here have us to win the Play-Offs...

Fourth time we have played them this season with a 5th to go.

Draw at their place and down to ten men for most of the game, beating them at their place in the Cup and losing at home.

Winning at home an drawing at Villa Park will suit me just fine and besides we are due a win I believe, gosh I am actually beginning to feel that way!

Cleveland Police have issued a warning for any fans who run onto the pitch after tomorrows game

Under the Football Offences Act 1991, it is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse.

Chief Inspector Emily Harrison said: The safety of fans, players, staff and officers attending and working at matches is our upmost priority. Those who choose to invade the pitch are instigating disorder and are causing potential danger to those attending games.

Football is a family event and this type of behaviour will not be tolerated. Those found to be engaging in such behaviour will be dealt with robustly and could face banning orders from all football matches for up to five years.

Back to the game its self and TP is starting the mind games?

My team is the team I picked for Ipswich, I’m not hiding anything. That’s my team and that’s the way we’ll go out and play

Seriously, Millwall and getting into the play-offs is one thing. Running onto the pitch after one leg of a semi final, regardless of the result, would be even worse.

I'm really unsure how this will go? It's a difficult one to call,we just need to start well and believe we can do it, two experienced managers and two experienced squads, boy I have no idea how the two games will pan out.

Really surprised to see how many tickets are still available, virtually in every block of the ground. Were there some issues with season ticket holders purchasing their reserved tickets? There seems to have been more and more tickets become available over the last few days, even in blocks that are usually sold out.

Really surprised to see how many tickets are still available, virtually in every block of the ground. Were there some issues with season ticket holders purchasing their reserved tickets? There seems to have been more and more tickets become available over the last few days, even in blocks that are usually sold out.

Sounds like there's been some sort of cock-up with the ticket sales. Saying that I can't understand any fans choosing not to go to this game.

Fair enough if you're skint or live at the other end of the country but local fans choosing not to go to this is disappointing.

Sounds like there's been some sort of cock-up with the ticket sales. Saying that I can't understand any fans choosing not to go to this game.

Fair enough if you're skint or live at the other end of the country but local fans choosing not to go to this is disappointing.

It would be disappointing if it wasn't a full house or thereabouts, having checked we had just short of 34k for the Brighton game and just over 33k for the Brentford game, the ground is smaller now but it doesn't look as though we'll be breaking 30k at this rate. We could do with the atmosphere we had at those games, Villa will certainly have one on Tuesday.

Also cant believe that we are still on the first page,if you show 50 posts of the thread? Would have thought we maybe could have had a good few more by now,game is tomorrow afterall

Also cant believe that we are still on the first page,if you show 50 posts of the thread? Would have thought we maybe could have had a good few more by now,game is tomorrow afterall

Perhaps everyone has finally realised that football is just another distraction to keep us all from realising the truth!!!

What game?

Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice. I'm going to make this my first ever Boro game(born and raised in Manchester but a lifelong Boro fan, don't ask :)) and so was wondering which stand I'd be best getting a ticket for.

I'll be coming on my own(as you can imagine, not too many Boro fans in Manchester) and just want to enjoy the atmosphere as best as possible.

There's a few lads I used to meet up with down here to watch the games and chat Boro but that seemed to fizzle out a little bit (quite a few of them moved back to Middlesbrough after a few years working here). 

I've just bought an apartment in Ancoats, if we make Wembley I'll be heading down from Manchester (similarly getting the megabus up for the playoff leg in South Stand). 

Could be worth a post in here to see how many Boro fans there are dotted around Greater Manchester (seen quite a few footie tops in and about) so you aren't going it alone!

Seems like there's a few on here. I'm living over by the Trafford Centre at the moment.

I'll be driving up on Saturday for the game if anyone needs a lift up like.

Would have bitten your hand off a few days ago, the trains are a nightmare if you don't book well in advance. 

Getting a megabus back and taking my Sikh flatmate (who's only experience of football was a Rochdale pre-season game!) I can't believe it hasn't sold out. 

See how the first leg goes and might well set up a thread to try and get a Middlesbrough contingent into a pub Tuesday evening to watch the away leg (with someone other than my Mrs to chat football to)