oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa - Playoff Semi Final (First Leg) 0-1

There hasn't been much talk about the game today, how do people see it panning out?

Who are their danger men, do we need to do anything differently to what we've been doing recently?

When I've watched Villa recently Grealish has pulled the strings for them, I'd expect Clayton to stay close to him today.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the first 30 mins will dictate the game really.. if we haven't conceded yet and took control of the midfield then I think we can go on to win this game. Be a decent midfield battle, and we'll have to nullify the threat of Snodgrass, Adomah and Grabban (the three danger men Imo).

That being said, there might be the mismatch of Traore v Hutton, so we've got plenty of danger men for them to contend with.

On the subject of Traore, I really hope he steps up in these next (hopefully three) games. I don't think its too dramatic to say that if he doesn't perform, we're unlikely to go up. There's games he's played since January in which he's been unplayable for the opposition, and in these games we've coasted to victory. If he comes out all guns blazing, attacking their full back and putting balls into the box, I think we've got a good chance.

Hutton has been their left back hasn't he? I can't see them going with just him out there vs traore today, think they'll see a tactical change which could play into our hands if they're not comfortable with it.

Hutton has been left back but I'd expect Adomah to be playing quite close to him to try and nullify Traore.

Looking at the potential lineups makes me wonder whether both teams might cancel each other out a little bit with similar formations. Could be a 0-0 or a game won by a set piece.

Traore is an interesting one, we know what he can do, but so does Bruce and Agnew, so do they know how to stop him, we'll see.

I think we've just about picked our strongest line up, spin a coin between Bamford and Britt, but Britt may just have the physical strength coming up against someone like John Terry.

Traore is an interesting one, we know what he can do, but so does Bruce and Agnew, so do they know how to stop him, we'll see.

I think we've just about picked our strongest line up, spin a coin between Bamford and Britt, but Britt may just have the physical strength coming up against someone like John Terry.

Pulis said in press conference it's same team that started against ipswich which I am happy with

just been trawling through the villa talk forum at our game thread. my god some crap spouted on there. one guy commented we are like villa in that we have failed to score 3 in a game in our first season down. i just checked we have scored 3, 8 times in total, 7 in the league and once in the cup. he's confused me like how did he figure we never?

anyhow after seeing derby win vs fulham, i have a feeling we will be beating these chumps.

He said we've failed to score more than 3, which we have.

that will explain it then :D

TBF to me i was reading it at silly o clock on a night shift. 

another thing i've noted while on their board, they are all confident due to their experience in big games. which is a fair point. however they have not from what i've read took the exp of our team into account when talking about it.

i thought its worth mentioning, we have a darn experienced group of players ourselves. which is one of the reasons i think the winner of our games will go on and win at Wembley.

in the words of legendary Alex Baptiste, you can try standing off him, he's still too quick, you can try getting tight, he's too strong, no stopping the lad if he's in full flight today, stick 2 or 3 on him and the rest of the team need to be intelligent enough positionally to capitalise.

There hasn't been much talk about the game today, how do people see it panning out?

Who are their danger men, do we need to do anything differently to what we've been doing recently?

When I've watched Villa recently Grealish has pulled the strings for them, I'd expect Clayton to stay close to him today.

I think the lack of chat is mostly down to a little tension and the fact that these games are just different.  We already know how we're going to line up and most likely how we will approach the game.  Same goes for Villa to a certain extent.  I reckon it's just about handling the occasion and trying to make sure you get your job done as a player.  The team that does it best will probably prevail.  I've got no idea who that will be.

Watching this in a pub in Worcestershire surrounded by Villa fans, two of which are my best mates, should be interesting. I think Villa have the stronger team and squad but anything can happen in these play off matches. Got my seat for Tuesday, once again a***st their fans but what the hell I am not missing it for anything

in the words of legendary Alex Baptiste, you can try standing off him, he's still too quick, you can try getting tight, he's too strong, no stopping the lad if he's in full flight today, stick 2 or 3 on him and the rest of the team need to be intelligent enough positionally to capitalise.

Well if that's what top defender Alex Baptiste says then who can argue with that.

Pulis said in press conference it's same team that started against ipswich which I am happy with

Well its the strongest line up we could have picked, hard to see how we could have started any differently.

Anyway back to my earlier question, where will you be watching the game and will you have company?

I’ll be watching the first leg at home here in the U.K. as I landed early this morning. I’ll be watching the 2nd leg in Brno’s Irish bar with a Bootneck who’s a Villa fan. Then hopefully I can see us play in the final in Lviv, Ukraine