oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa - Playoff Semi Final (Second Leg) 0-0 (0-1 agg)

My Children,

I understand your faith is shaken. I know that your (#)Belief may be waning. Villains have come into our domain and have pillaged us with staunch defence and tactical nous. 

You feel low, and that is understandable.

However, there is yet hope. You are despondent but not defeated. You are down, but not out out. 

I have been where you are.

But then, something changed.

pulis_comeback.jpg

I was introduced to 'Your Comeback'™, the path to a better future. Yes, by giving us your faith*, we can start your recovery RIGHT NOW. By listening to the words of the holy preacher** Tony Pulis, a man who has restored my faith, and can do the same for you.

I put my trust in him*** , and he delivered, and he WILL**** deliver for you as early as this Tuesday!

Purchase 'Your Comeback'™ today, and you will get a free***** CD, 'It's Not Too Late', in which you can hear the soothing sounds of Tony Pulis as he tells you that it's not too late to make things different, and he delivers on his promise of change******

'Your Comeback', and 'It's Not Too Late': A guarantee******* that better things are coming for you.

As ever with PulisCo products, don't take our word for it, but listen to our satisfied customers:

"'Your Comeback'™ changed my life. There was a time when I spent my afternoons booting long balls up to Paddy Bamford,  but look at me now! Booting long balls up to Britt Assombalonga" - Ben G, Nunthorpe

" Can't recommend 'Your Comeback'™ highly enough. I currently have one leg and yet I'm probably in with a shout of playing in the most important game of my team's season, all thanks to Tony" - Rudy G, Wynyard

"Utter rubbish, it's changed nowt" - Marvin J, Hurworth

"Not all that convinced. There were some questionable chapters in there, for example, Chapter 6 - 'Give it to Traore', which just says 'Give it to Traore' 46 times, and then ends" - Jonny H, Harrogate 

"Overrated. If you want a good book, read 'Striker', 'Sweeper' or 'Defender', a trilogy about football manager/crime solving civilian Steve Barnes. Now those books are a proper read. Whoever wrote those novels is the real genius" - Steve B, Birmingham

Please complete our customer survey below:

Do we change anything?

Who replaces Ayala if he's out?

Go all out for a goal from the off, or keep it tight & try to sneak one on the break?

Has the season been a disaster if we don't get into the final? 

* Plus £99.99 per month for 12 months

** Not an ordained preacher 

*** Plus £99.99 per month for 12 months

**** No guarantees 

***** Plus transaction fee of £29.99

****** PulisCo can not be held accountable if there are no changes

******* Not a guarantee 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

It's up to you now Tom to take this team to Wembley. It would  allow the marvelous directer Alphonso Bonzo to come out of retirement and complete his much vaunted and anticipated version of "The Greatest Story Ever Told Redux."  

UTB

Do we change anything?

I think we have to, not sure what changes though, Bamford in maybe?

Fabio, the team seemed to spring(ish) into life when he came on. Need his energy from the start

Go all out for a goal from the off, or keep it tight & try to sneak one on the break?

I think we will go for the goal early on whilst trying to keep it tight and end up not scoring.

Not at all, if we don't go up next season THAT would be a disaster

Great OP Tom and thanks for that hopefully Boro will put in the time and effort as you have during the game!

Of course they will, they know they HAVE to score and first to just level the game then anything can happen.

They score and out the door we go.

We all know what this game is so need to say it!

At least we still have a shout and now we there I would like us to get to the final

Tomorrow it will go two ways,

they score first and we huff and puff but fail. season over.

we score first, the game is end to end. - if this happens we could have a night to be proud of that will be looked back on in the future. cant wait for it.

i'm sure the neutrals want this to as it would really make for a great game.

the winner will go to wembley and win.

UTB

I don't think Bamford was an improvement when he came on for Britt, but that was also at a time where Villa were camped in their box. That said I won't mind if Bamford takes the starting spot to try something else. He is a better alround footballer and we are probably going to need that more than finisher like Britt who needs the ball served to him.

Getting Fabio on is also important for this game. We really need a bit more speed and Shotton at right back is just useless. Put him the middle instead of the injured ayala. Other than that it's an unchanged side. I really really don't want to see Leadbitter start. Most of Villas play goes through Grealish and you just know that Leadbitter will be booked inside the first ten minutes as he can't keep up with Grealish and makes a rash foul.

I also think we played a lot of our football out wide in the first game looking for balls into the box, and with Terry and Chester in there you are not winning many headers. Got to keep it on the ground and take a few shots from outside the box.

Do we change anything?

Not from the off, the risk is we start the game on the back foot regardless of which Villa turns up.

Shotton to move into the centre and for right-back, I'd like to say Fabio but I think it might be Cranie. Considering the time he had up against Lloyd Dyer, I'm hoping Pulis has seen the light.

Go all out for a goal from the off, or keep it tight & try to sneak one on the break?

Keep it tight. Try to dominate possession. Frustrate the Villa fans. If nothing changes, or it gets any worse, we have to take immediate action and change it though.

I'd argue the season has been whatever it has been unless we win the final, never mind get to it. A disaster is probably not the right word. We haven't achieved the goals we set out to achieve. We haven't looked all season like delivering on them, even in our late charge to secure a play-off spot.

Getting Fabio on is also important for this game. We really need a bit more speed and Shotton at right back is just useless. Put him the middle instead of the injured ayala. Other than that it's an unchanged side. I really really don't want to see Leadbitter start. Most of Villas play goes through Grealish and you just know that Leadbitter will be booked inside the first ten minutes as he can't keep up with Grealish and makes a rash foul.

He's been one of our better players in that position more often than not.

If you take Shotton from right back you also take away his throw ins. Don't discount how many goals have came from them.. Maybe not directly, but so often they then lead to corners, chaos in the box, etc..

Anyway, I'd start Pat and Leads for Britt and Clayton. I thought both got through a lot of running and swapping them won't disrupt too much.

He's been one of our better players in that position more often than not.

I should obviously have pointed out that I meant with the ball and creating an outlet. He is a decent defender and usually does a good job at limiting the winger. However in a game where we have to get forward and create chances I don't think is good enough.

If you take Shotton from right back you also take away his throw ins. Don't discount how many goals have came from them.. Maybe not directly, but so often they then lead to corners, chaos in the box, etc..

Anyway, I'd start Pat and Leads for Britt and Clayton.  I thought both got through a lot of running and swapping them won't disrupt too much.

I can't really think of many times where his throw ins lead to anything. And with us missing Ayala there isn't really a player in the box to aim for when Terry is defending a high ball.

Bamford and Fabio should come in and both hopefully add some more craft and creativity going forward. Britt is a bit pointless unless there is space to play it through for him, would rather have Bamford's quick feet in and around the box. Shame to lose Ayala as he is our best goal threat at set pieces, although according to news this morning he is still in with a chance to play.

Don't want to see Leadbitter start if I'm honest. He is so slow now and gets such silly bookings all the time. Grealish will run rings around him.

If we go 2 down then it really is a mountain to climb away from home against a very solid side, so will be interesting to see how Villa approach the game. From our perspective there is no real need to go gung-ho and risk being countered, but we do need to find a way to hurt Villa. Besic and Traore both need to release the ball at the right time.. take a lesson from Howson who put a couple of lovely passes through and was the only one to open Villa up.