oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa - Playoff Semi Final (Second Leg) 0-0 (0-1 agg)

We bombarded Ass with long balls (no pun intended) ...

Then we replace Ass with a giant and we completely stop bombarding the striker ... Makes sense! lol

Worst lack of WILL I have ever seen ... No fight or will at all to just push forward and play direct in the last 15 minutes at least,,,,

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

A great defensive performance from us there restricting Villa to only a couple of chances. The Pulis tactics certainly contained their forwards and now we can look forward to taking them back to the Riverside and have a real go. What that was the second leg and we were a goal down, did anybody actually tell Pulis that.

Genuinely in awe of the fact that we did not have a shot on target. Can't wait to see how Pulis defends his gutless tactics.

He will be happy with a point. Surely he can’t have realized that it was a playoff game.

Couldn't break down a stalwart Aston Villa, just shows how pedestrian our midfield, hopefully the first thing Pulis looks to solve in the transfer window.

Season over, now let's never speak about it again...

Gutted and what a pity there will not be a public post mortem following this season.

Even the thought of going to Stoke WBA and Swansea fails to cheer me up

Plenty to be said. Not enough from us but credit where credit's due, Villa were tactically better than us and made the most of the goal they got and the huge difference in quality in midfield. We didn't get a great deal of luck but then we didn't earn it very much either. Our luck was spent on Darren Randolph keeping us in the tie to begin with. If it wasn't for him and Friend, we'd have been out of the game long before the end.

Also, seeing people saying keeper should have been sent off? Even the co-commentator seemed to think that was the case. My understanding is it's dealt with like a 'last man' foul. Johnstone wasn't the last man, there were 2 defenders covering behind him. Have certainly seen that given as a yellow before.

I was Pulis’ biggest critic when he came in, still am. But I don’t blame this playoff performance on him. We have a massive lack of quality at the club. Downing is rubbish but we’ve got nothing else. Howson is non existent most games but we have nothing else. We have nothing going forward bar Traore so it’s very easy for teams to triple mark Traore and completely nullify our team.

Pulis is too negative but that isn’t why we aren’t in the playoff final. A total lack of quality is.

We need so many players this summer.

A left winger

A right winger (if Traore goes)

2 centre midfielders

A right back

A centre back (if Gibson goes)

The only players I would want to keep are Randolph, Gibson, Bamford and Traore and 2 of those will be off. Clayton, Friend and Ayala will do the job at this level. But the rest aren’t good enough!

Genuinely in awe of the fact that we did not have a shot on target. Can't wait to see how Pulis defends his gutless tactics.

He will be happy with a point. Surely he can’t have realized that it was a playoff game.

He really needs to come out and just admit it was utter crap. Or he is going to look very silly and lose a lot of support.

I think we all knew before we actually got into a playoff position we stood no chance it was just extra money in the MFC's coffers.

Gotta feel sorry for the Boro fans that travelled to the game they were so let down for their loyalty to the club.

My money has always been on Fulham to go up with the other two and after watching that tosh I really cannot see Villa proving me wrong.

Here's to next season and a better start and better players of course.