oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa - Playoff Semi Final (Second Leg) 0-0 (0-1 agg)

I don't blame Pulis today, I think if we'd really opened up we'd have lost. As soon as the game opened up slightly in the second half Villa started to look like scoring.

I can understand people being frustrated but if we'd have made it an open game I think we'd have been well beat. No one would be praising Pulis if we'd played 442 today and lost 3-0.

At the end of the day we got into the final third on occasions and had no creativity once we got there. That's why we've come up short.

No if wed have gone for it with a positive line up and went for villa from the start id of accepted a defeat even if was heavy, going out without trying to attack i cannot accept.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I don't blame Pulis today, I think if we'd really opened up we'd have lost. As soon as the game opened up slightly in the second half Villa started to look like scoring.

I can understand people being frustrated but if we'd have made it an open game I think we'd have been well beat. No one would be praising Pulis if we'd played 442 today and lost 3-0.

At the end of the day we got into the final third on occasions and had no creativity once we got there. That's why we've come up short.

No if wed have gone for it with a positive line up and went for villa from the start id of accepted a defeat even if was heavy, going out without trying to attack i cannot accept.

You would have been in the minority then

I guess that seems to be the problem ..... we are content to be mediocre....all be it at 0-1. Clean sheets in the 2nd leg of the playoffs is a must on that CV.

Maybe Pulis will *** off to manage Stoke or West Brom next season...

Trust me he wont be going back to West Brom, the fans would bar the gates, they had a couple of years of what we witnessed tonight

I can't actually believe that Ryan Shotton is a footballer, like when asked what his profession is, he gets to say footballer, it's incredible.

Adam Clayton who hasn't play a forward pass since October decides it'll be a good idea to try a 30 yard volley in the 90th minute, I mean where is your head at?

I don't think I've seen a player be as invisible over two games of football as Jonny Howson, in fact I want him to teach Adama his ways so he can evade his man markers going forward.

Being honest, I never even expected us to make the play-offs and in all fairness I don't think I've ever seen a more one man team(Adama) in all my years of watching football. If we still have any of Randolph, Gibson and Traore at the club next season I'll be content. We desperately need some new players in midfield and a new right back because watching Shotton actually pains me deeply.

We need to give Pulis the backing he deserves this summer and let him put his own squad together.

Tbf I don’t think we’re too far away. We’re only a left foot centre half to place LB and a couple more Stewart downings away from a pulis (wet) dream team.

If Fulham had done what we did tonight the Fulham fans would boo. Fulham team go with the intention of killing teams by outscoring them, we use to do that years ago but ever since karanka our fans will accept losing 1-0 as long as its tight and we get maybe one shot on target.

said we had really good spells in both games...subs in the second half tonight really opened things up for us.....

Yeah we had a few very short spells over 187 mins where we looked slightly threatening. The other 184 minutes we looked like a team set up not to lose.

Problem is mate, he didn't do that. Some of the comments on here and on social media when the team was announced had thrown him under a bus before we'd even kicked off. The end result is their justification for that and he's not going to get away from that. He's in for one hell of a long summer, especially after that post-match interview where he's seen a different game to the rest of us.

I agreed with his line-up but the changes weren't right, the tactics didn't adapt to the situation, it was same thing over and over again. He hasn't held his hands up and accepted that which is my main concern.

I'm not going to call for his head. But if we stick with him, we have to give him a squad he feels he can use and get the best out of. I don't think this is it.

Yeah heard Pulis....not sure which games he was watching

What did he say? I’ve been hiding in the pit of misery (dilly dilly) for the last half hour

Thanks Hoyte that has given me my first laugh of the night