oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa - Playoff Semi Final (Second Leg) 0-0 (0-1 agg)

Don’t hate Shotton at all I just feel we need Fabio energy going forward. Maybe he gonna try n keep it solid for first half weather the storm et al. Fingers crossed for a performance from Traore. A few booking from them early.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I remember a time, when Shotton was hated, before he kicked a ball .. Then he came on and scored a good goal.. Then Pulis came and he was in the team every time and people thought he was solid.. Now he is hated again apparantly, because of a few silly mistakes... Apparantly Pulis sees things, that all the footbal manager managers don't see :D

UTFB

Nobody saying he isn't solid at defending (I don't think anyway), just poor at passing and crossing. Although he did let his man go for the goal, he is normally a good defender. In my opinion Villa know both him and George are poor on the ball and were letting them have it and cock up, happened time and time again.

Contrast to when Adama or Besic got it and they pressed hard. Hope I'm wrong but expect to see the same tonight.

I remember a time, when Shotton was hated, before he kicked a ball .. Then he came on and scored a good goal.. Then Pulis came and he was in the team every time and people thought he was solid.. Now he is hated again apparantly, because of a few silly mistakes... Apparantly Pulis sees things, that all the footbal manager managers don't see :D

UTFB

For the record ive hated him from the start, i went to uni in derby and i saw him make stupid errors practically every game for them and score numerous own goals i really did not want him here. Pulis has made him just about avarage player for this league but thats the max of his potential.

UTFB

I don't rate Shotton all that highly but Pulis clearly likes a physically strong back four.  Part of that must be down to set pieces in both areas.  In a way I'm more surprised that he picked Fry ahead of Shotton in Ayala's place.

Has nobody actually posted the team yet in here?

Randolph

Shotton Fry Gibson Friend

Howson Clayton Besic

Traore Assombalonga Downing

Subs: Dimi, Fabio, Cranie, Leadbitter, Harrison, Bamford, Gestede

We have lost i realise id said id gamble by putting Troare on in the second half when they are tired so i accept Pulis thought differently on that as did most of the forum. How the h.ll thought can you put Shotton back into a team after his last performance and leave Fabio out after his last performance.The other thing is putting on Bamford on when its too late is a disgrace when hes the man on form and we play better with him upfront. Seriously Pulis you done well this season to get in the playoffs (I think fulham deserve it as well if they win the final) and i thank you for turning it around our season but that is in my opinion a screw up.

Is Bamford in better form than Ass? Don’t really think so. And Fabio behind Traore is a bit too offensive so understand why pulis starts Shotton. I’ve got nothing against this selection. We are short in the attacking midfield/wing are so not much else we can do. We were undone by a set piece. If we can nick a set piece this team is very solid. We can’t be too lightweight against a very solid and physical villa team.

UTFB

Nobody saying he isn't solid at defending (I don't think anyway), just poor at passing and crossing. Although he did let his man go for the goal, he is normally a good defender. In my opinion Villa know both him and George are poor on the ball and were letting them have it and cock up, happened time and time again.

Contrast to when Adama or Besic got it and they pressed hard. Hope I'm wrong but expect to see the same tonight.

Add Clayton to Shotton and George .. They let them dig their own grave ..

Only way Fabio works from the start is with a more conservative winger (downing) ahead of him. Which means sticking traore on the left for the entire game, which I'm not a fan of. I did think shotton had a really poor first half though, so I can see arguments for both sides.

Wouldn't it be fun, if tonight is the night, where Fry scores his first senior goal! :P

I would love to see us switch to 442 if nothing goeas after the plan in the first 45

Has nobody actually posted the team yet in here?

Randolph

Shotton Fry Gibson Friend

Howson Clayton Besic

Traore Assombalonga Downing

Subs: Dimi, Fabio, Cranie, Leadbitter, Harrison, Bamford, Gestede

We have lost i realise id said id gamble by putting Troare on in the second half when they are tired so i accept Pulis thought differently on that as did most of the forum. How the h.ll thought can you put Shotton back into a team after his last performance and leave Fabio out after his last performance.The other thing is putting on Bamford on when its too late is a disgrace when hes the man on form and we play better with him upfront. Seriously Pulis you done well this season to get in the playoffs (I think fulham deserve it as well if they win the final) and i thank you for turning it around our season but that is in my opinion a screw up.

Is Bamford in better form than Ass? Don’t really think so. And Fabio behind Traore is a bit too offensive so understand why pulis starts Shotton. I’ve got nothing against this selection. We are short in the attacking midfield/wing are so not much else we can do. We were undone by a set piece. If we can nick a set piece this team is very solid. We can’t be too lightweight against a very solid and physical villa team.

Certainly was before his head injury and arguably is now when you consider playing time hes had. 

It wont be Troare on that wing because of Shotton mistakes Pulis will put downing on that wing to cover defensively. The problem is Troare is then on the wrong foot just because of shotton so my argument is get rid of that issue and put Troare on the correct foot. The other thing is having two players willing to go forward will make adomah think twice about pushing on and leaving defender exposed.

UTFB

Add Clayton to Shotton and George .. They let them dig their own grave ..

Yup you're right there. Like I said earlier, a game of weakest links. Definitely more in our side capable of a brain fart. But let's hope they prove me wrong !!