IN

Aden Flint

Paddy McNair

Andy Lonergan

Jordan Hugill (Loan)

Mo Besic (Loan)

Sam McQueen (Loan)

Danny Batth (Loan)

George Saville (Loan then permanent in January)

OUT

Tomás Mejías

Antonio Barragán

Fábio

Patrick Bamford

Ben Gibson

Adama Traoré

Connor Ripley (Loan)

Marvin Johnson(Loan)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we go up, we need to sign a veteran, Prem experienced CB which we missed last season in the Prem. Gibbo and Chambers were both good players, but sometimes you just need an old head with masses of experience to help guide a back line through the mire.

If we don't go up, it largely depends on who stays. We'd need to replace Besic and Traore for sure. Probably Gibson too.

If we go up we need:

Left back,

Right back,

Centre back,

2 central midfielders,

a player who can play on the left and/or maybe a good number 10,

And a new striker.

That's virtually a new team.

If we don't go up I think we need:

2 full backs,

A left midfielder

A number 10 or CM who can score and create a few goals.

Also if we don't go up Traore and Gibson might need to be replaced which would indicate wholesale changes whatever scenario we are faced with.

I don't think we will lose Gibson this summer.

He has played well this year, but nothing on last year. Would any of the current top 10 take a chance on him? The best he could hope for would be a lower half team and there is a real chance that he could be back in the Championship a year later.

Adama though, different story. Least we will get lots of money for him.

He did sign a new 5-year deal this season so, unless there's a non-promotion release clause in there, I don't think he's going to be any cheaper than he ever has been. I certainly don't see him being as easy to let go of as Adama would be. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of buy-back clause in any deal if we were to end up in the same division as the buying team. Then the ball would be in his court as to whether he would re-join us or stay where he is.

Wondering where him and Adama might go is more interesting than any links we're going to get over the next few weeks, anyway.

I'm pretty sure Traore will go if we don't get promoted, the money will be too good to turn down.

Gibson I'm less certain of, what I was told last summer was that Ben only wanted to go if a big club came in for him. He would have rather stayed here than gone to a West Brom or Stoke. The club were happy with that if we were offered the right money.

I don't think that'll be any different this summer, I think Gibson wants to play Premier league football but I think it would have to be the right club. I'd be surprised if he went to a anyone other than a top 6 club or maybe Everton.

Whether he'd get a game for any of those clubs is another question i suppose.

I'm pretty sure Traore will go if we don't get promoted, the money will be too good to turn down.

Gibson I'm less certain of, what I was told last summer was that Ben only wanted to go if a big club came in for him. He would have rather stayed here than gone to a West Brom or Stoke. The club were happy with that if we were offered the right money.

I don't think that'll be any different this summer, I think Gibson wants to play Premier league football but I think it would have to be the right club. I'd be surprised if he went to a anyone other than a top 6 club or maybe Everton.

Whether he'd get a game for any of those clubs is another question i suppose.

Good thing he didnt go to WBA or Stoke in the end. It shows that any team outside the Top 6 could go down. Southampton a year ago on paper would have been a great option and they only just survived. 

I have a feeling Gibson will stick around till January next year and see where we are as a team.

Trust me when I say this! Gibson was promised he can leave this summer if we don't go up this season,

He only stayed because he felt he owed the club 1 more season after what was a diabolical season last year.

Southgate told him he wouldn't be picked playing in the championship, so obviously he will go to any premiership club in the summer if we don't get there.

My source - Someone who helped bring Gibson into the world

Trust me when I say this! Gibson was promised he can leave this summer if we don't go up this season,

He only stayed because he felt he owed the club 1 more season after what was a diabolical season last year.

Southgate told him he wouldn't be picked playing in the championship, so obviously he will go to any premiership club in the summer if we don't get there.

Source..... that bloke that’s shagging the midwife that worked on the ward that Gibbo ‘s mum was born in?

Well if that's the case, I don't think the queue will be massive for him if we are holding out for £30m

Maybe not, I personally think the club owe him to take whatever loss on his value from last season as a thank you for his commitment for this season. Whether or not you think he's been good this season or not, one thing for sure is we would of been a lot worse without him.

He rejected offers from Clubs last season and as a result has cost him the chance to go to the world cup - for that I think we should we let him go for any reasonable offer.

I think in today's market and in his current form etc that 15-20million is reasonable with bonuses etc included

As the saying goes, the grass isnt always greener on the otherside. Just think, if he had of gone to West Brom or Stoke, it would have been championship football for him next season (or atleast a good chance of it), and he would run the same risk if he decides to go to midtable team this upcoming seson. And if he had of gone (or goes) to a top 6 club, yes he is guarenteed premiership footie, but how much of it? What center backs in the top 6 would he start over? Maybe, maybe, one of the liverpool defenders? But would a top 6 team be willing to pay big bucks for a defender that may, or may not, be good enough? And is he even good enough for England? With me boro glasses on, of course he is! With them off, not so sure he is right now.

He should do a Gerrard/Totti and stay faithful to Boro :D (one can atleast hope/dream!)