oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

So basically hes saying this squad is nearly there as it finished 5th and only needs a few additions - or thats how I read it, then that means all this "not Pulis's team" is *** then and he made the only improvements he felt necessary in Jan.

Not that it changes much but this myth that hes been working with a useless squad of players that he didn't want is by his words wrong and theres not going to be many changes next season - well whooppee fckn doo!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Howson has had some poor games, but on the whole has performed pretty well. He just isn't a number 10, and we should not expect him to be one.

What is he then? He hasn't scored goals, he's not creative, he's not a great tackler, he doesn't link up play particularly well. He went missing more often than not for me and is one of the main reasons why out midfield very rarely won the battle, even when we were in good form.

So basically hes saying this squad is nearly there as it finished 5th and only needs a few additions - or thats how I read it, then that means all this "not Pulis's team" is *** then and he made the only improvements he felt necessary in Jan.

Not that it changes much but this myth that hes been working with a useless squad of players that he didn't want is by his words wrong and theres not going to be many changes next season - well whooppee fckn doo!

Well 5th is nearly there isn't it? And if we can keep the current team as it is and add a left winger, a creative AM and 1-2 full backs then I think we could be a top 2 team. But we will lose players and will need to bring in quite a few more than just a few additions.

My point about howson substantiated -

How a supposedly forward thinking midfielder makes only 10 forward passes in 180mins of football is beyond me. Only the 3 strikers and Fabio had less out of all players used across the two games.

A few players I think would fit the Pulis Style and we may be able to get

Oliver Watkins - LW, big, strong, direct and gets goals.

Massimo Luongo - similar to besic, strong in the tackle, likes to drive forward through midfield

Aiden Flint - him and Ayala from those set pieces.

Jordan Hugill - We all know what he is about and local lad

Mitrovic - if Fulham go up I expect him to go there but if not maybe we can get him on loan this time.

Luke Freeman - creative player wasted at QPR.

I think we have seen the last of Britt, Adama, Gibson, Besic, Fletcher, Baker, Johnson and possibly Paddy.

Would not be upset to see Howson go too.

Hopefully we will utilise Tavernier and Chapman next season. Fry to step up for Gibson.

With some good sale values TP should have a decent amount for transfers

I don't think we're far off really challenging for those automatic spots next season... with Britt, Bamford and Gestede we've got a quality and varied strike force. Like nearly everyone else in the forum last summer I was asking where the midfield creativity was going to come from, but we just kept buying more strikers... so I'd be targeting a number 10 and a left winger.

-----------------Randolph

Dawson--Ayala--Gibson--Friend

---------Clayton-----Besic

Traore------Maddison-----Watkins/Wilson/Arfield

----------------Bamford

I don't see Pulis buying a RB who's not tall and slow, but in the midfield, winger and striker positions he's looked for young and dynamic players like Besic, Mitrovic and Harrison. Spend big on a quality number 10 and left winger would be my priority.

Marcus Maddison is for sale, when he signed his new contract last year their chairman agreed to sell him if they weren't promoted this year.

I wonder if Mogga would be happy to take Chapman for another season? Would give us a chance to see how he does at Championship level.

Marcus Maddison is for sale, when he signed his new contract last year their chairman agreed to sell him if they weren't promoted this year.

Suspect there's gonna be decent interest in him.. I'd definitely take him if the opportunity was there.

I wonder if Mogga would be happy to take Chapman for another season? Would give us a chance to see how he does at Championship level.

Blackburn fan in work says that the fans would be happy if he went back on loan

Was chatting to some villa fans in the pub after last night and they seem really concerned about what happens if they don't get promoted. They stop getting parachute payments and apparently their wage bill is unsustainable so will need to make sales to stay afloat.

If this is the case and they stay down I'd be looking at Chester to replace Gibson, maybe consider a move to bring adomah back and Snodgrass will likely be available from West ham on a cut price deal or loan.

How a supposedly forward thinking midfielder makes only 10 forward passes in 180mins of football is beyond me. Only the 3 strikers and Fabio had less out of all players used across the two games.

Funny that. Only made 10 forward passes yet 2 of those created 2 of Britt's chances in the home leg. He didn't pass the ball forward quite simply because nobody got the ball to him.

The possession stats show that Howson had control of the ball less than everyone but Britt (including Randolph) in the 2nd leg. In the first leg it wasn't much better, but it shows that he created 2 of our best chances in the game when he did get it. You can't complain about him not playing positively when he's being completely starved of possession.

Was chatting to some villa fans in the pub after last night and they seem really concerned about what happens if they don't get promoted. They stop getting parachute payments and apparently their wage bill is unsustainable so will need to make sales to stay afloat.

If this is the case and they stay down I'd be looking at Chester to replace Gibson, maybe consider a move to bring adomah back and Snodgrass will likely be available from West ham on a cut price deal or loan.

Good shouts, I'd love Adomah back.

Funny that. Only made 10 forward passes yet 2 of those created 2 of Britt's chances in the home leg. He didn't pass the ball forward quite simply because nobody got the ball to him.

The possession stats show that Howson had control of the ball less than everyone but Britt (including Randolph) in the 2nd leg. In the first leg it wasn't much better, but it shows that he created 2 of our best chances in the game when he did get it. You can't complain about him not playing positively when he's being completely starved of possession.

No, but you can question why he is completely starved of possession? He goes missing an awful lot and that's in both monk and pulis's system. I think he is a decent player, I wouldn't hate to have him around the squad but I don't want to see him as an automatic first choice next season as he hadn't earned it with his performances this year.

I know why he was starved of possession. Same reason Britt was in both games. Nobody actually got the ball to him. Are we gonna blame Britt for that too? Should him and Howson have been dropping deeper to pick up the ball? If Howson had dropped deeper, he'd have been playing in our own half, just like Besic and Clayton. Don't really know what you wanted him to do.

These last few months he's absolutely earned his place in that team. He's got better as the season has gone on.