• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can believe the Southampton story, they never replaced Van Dijk in January.

Clayton's definitely good enough for the Championship, needs someone to play alongside him who offers more further up the pitch though. Howson and Leadbitter would get the chop before him for me.

Clayton's definitely good enough for the Championship, needs someone to play alongside him who offers more further up the pitch though. Howson and Leadbitter would get the chop before him for me.

Remember he bypasses the midfield when going forward....

That's not necessarily true.. I've seen plenty of interviews of him saying Besic's and Howson's role was to carry the ball forward.

Pulis won't go. The formation won't change. There won't be a huge overhaul. And the style of football will stay much the same. At this point I think we have to accept that. And like most everyone else, I am a little concerned. But if he brings in the right players to suit it it might just work out.

Woop woop, it's the sound of the Pulis.

to be fair, the stat doing the rounds before the play offs is that in pulis last x? games we were averaging 2 points a game. I'm confident with a few personnel tweaks we will be up there

Sky sports

FLETCHER SET FOR ANOTHER LOAN

Middlesbrough striker Ashley Fletcher is set to go out on loan again next season, the Mirror are reporting.

Fletcher, who joined Middlesbrough from West Ham last summer, was loaned out to Sunderland in January, scoring twice as the Black Cats were relegate to League One.

The 22-year-old is not part of Tony Pulis' long-term plans according to the report and is free to go out on loan again, with a number of Championship sides interested in his services.

I mean Gibson's served his time with us he deserves better in my opinion especially if he wants to be an England international I think Fry might become better given a little time as I've said all season but if we sell Gibson I'd hope we'd get a new CB to put next to Fry I'm not fully trusting Ayala. Will be interesting to see what Pulis does with Chapman and Tavernier I think they're good enough bench warmers for him I just hope the rumours of him wanting to move Downing out of the team are true we can do so much better on that left wing. My only worry with Friend and Gibson leaving would be they're our on pitch leaders both very vocal that's going to be harder to replace.

I was open to Monk when he was chasing every Liverpool loanee under the sun last summer despite reservations I'll be open to whatever changes Pulis wants to make if that means we go back to making moves in the European market I'm all for it.

If Ben Gibson's given the opportunity to move to the PL he should grab it, staying loyal to Boro has not been a wise choice career wise, I'm sure if he'd been playing in the PL he would have been given a chance to play for England and stake a claim for a World Cup place.

That's not necessarily true.. I've seen plenty of interviews of him saying Besic's and Howson's role was to carry the ball forward.

Besic is a DM tho it shouldn't be his job to carry the ball, we need someone who has much more impact than Howson on games aswell.

He hid in that 2nd leg, If anything he should be out the door.

maybe a completely different thread but wete gibson to go ,as seems increasingly likeky and add to that Leadbitter being weened out of the first team picture ..Who would seem most likely to take over the captaincy .

Howson or Randolph.

maybe a completely different thread but wete gibson to go ,as seems increasingly likeky and add to that Leadbitter being weened out of the first team picture ..Who would seem most likely to take over the captaincy .

Howson or Randolph.

Being from the same home town as Randolph I would love to see him as captain of the Boro. But do goalkeepers make good captains? I'm not too sure

Howson or Randolph.

Being from the same home town as Randolph I would love to see him as captain of the Boro. But do goalkeepers make good captains? I'm not too sure

Jose Luis Chilavert...