oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Would anyone that Mbemba from Newcastle? Had a really strong start but has fallen out with Benitez. Still just 23 years old and seems very highly rated by Newcastle fans. Has interest from Belgium and maybe Hoffenheim. Obviously we can't compete with Hoffenheim but if there aren't other option we could jump at the forefront if he would be willing to drop down. Downside is Newcastle paid 8 million and would look to recoup most.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the thing we need to consider here is would Adomah actually want to come back? I'm not so sure he would

I think he would if he knew that Villa were looking to offload.

He got a great reception up at the Riverside this season which it looked like he appreciated so he knows he’s still liked up here.

I’d probably assume that AK was a big factor in his decision to leave, and he’s now gone. Probably still got mates up north. I think he’d be open to it.

I just think he'll end up in back in London or Bristol.

I’d like us to go for Bristol’s Joe Bryant. Hell of a left sided player. Not as good defensively as Friend but 100 x better going forward

I’d like us to go for Bristol’s Joe Bryant. Hell of a left sided player. Not as good defensively as Friend but 100 x better going forward

Not as good defensively.. Better going forward..

Not a Pulis player.

Daily Mail is claiming that "Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson is attracting interest from a number of Premier League clubs."

A bidding war would be great. I reckon anything over 16 million and we should be happy. I can't see a Championship defender go for 20+ million regardless of his one good season in the Premiership. I know he is local and has a long contract, but after all he is playing for a Championship club. Nevertheless his sale should give us plenty of money to replace him and strengthen key areas.

He's supposedly off to Burnley.

Huddersfield favourites to sign Adama.... Huddersfield....

Where does it say that? Considering I'd expect 25 million minimum I can't see it happening. Unless there is some sort clause in his contract we don't know about and Huddersfield are the only ones activating it.

Huddersfield favourites to sign Adama.... Huddersfield....

If he's going to move to a premiership team that he'd be better off there (or another similar level club) that sitting on the bench at chelsea getting the odd 5 minutes every few weeks.

Considering Mejias is no longer in the club and Dimi is close to turning 800 years old, do you think we will get a new keeper this window?

Likely depends on how they rate Pears/Ripley and what loans might be good for their development

Considering Mejias is no longer in the club and Dimi is close to turning 800 years old, do you think we will get a new keeper this window?

Just sign a central defender and play him there.

If we are gona sell Adama and/or Gibson I really hope it happens quickly and can be out of the way.. as we need the time to spend the money and replace them properly... don't want to be desperately searching for a right winger with a week to go and getting ripped of for the next Marv Johnson.

Also drawn out transfer 'sagas' are very tedious!