oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Looks like Bristol City have set the price of Bobby Reid over £10m, reckon they'd take Fletcher and Johnson in a straight swap?

Doubt it. One is a League 1 player and the other isn't worth what we paid. Would be a good deal though. But isn't Reid a striker and do we need another one?

I'm also not entirely convinced it's a good idea to take a big hit on Fletcher yet. I wouldn't mind sending him out on loan again if we can't get close to our money back. I like his energy and he seems to get a***st the chances even tough he has a pretty poor touch.

Similar thoughts re Fletcher, his stock's low right now, but it's tough for a youth player who's had this valuation put on his shoulders who is also getting abuse from his own fans... I think his career will be a slow burner but he is definitely better than what he's been given the chance to show this season.

Maybe a loan back to Barnsley in league one for a year?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Bristol City have set the price of Bobby Reid over £10m, reckon they'd take Fletcher and Johnson in a straight swap?

Doubt it. One is a League 1 player and the other isn't worth what we paid. Would be a good deal though. But isn't Reid a striker and do we need another one?

I'm also not entirely convinced it's a good idea to take a big hit on Fletcher yet. I wouldn't mind sending him out on loan again if we can't get close to our money back. I like his energy and he seems to get a***st the chances even tough he has a pretty poor touch.

Similar thoughts re Fletcher, his stock's low right now, but it's tough for a youth player who's had this valuation put on his shoulders who is also getting abuse from his own fans... I think his career will be a slow burner but he is definitely better than what he's been given the chance to show this season.

Maybe a loan back to Barnsley in league one for a year?

He needs to stay in the Championship. Ended the season fairly well in a very poor Sunderland team. I think a lot of teams could use him. A move to Phil Parkinson at Bolton wouldn't be the worst move. Perhaps even mid table team like Ipswich or Reading.

My issue with Fletcher is we paid a first-team valuation for him, we played him in the first team straight away, in my eyes, Monk didn't see him as a youngster with good prospects, he saw this lad as a first-team player (indeed IIRC, Fletcher mentioned first-team football after joining). So does that mean while we wait to see if he turns out to be any good that we're paying a first-team wage to him? A first-team wage at our club is also not going to be picked up by another club, we'll still have to pay a portion of that if he goes out on loan.

He may have potential but unless I'm mistaken, we're not paying him a wage befitting of a potential star, we're paying him more than that. So get rid, for me.

Braithwaite has just told the press that he sees the World Cup as a shop window. He very clearly said that he while he has to return to Boro he doesn't expect that to happen. I think Pulis has told him that he doesn't plan on using him - at least not in a role where Braithwaite is comfortable. In that case it's best for all parties to just end it. It also suggests that there is no deal with Bordeaux. Let's hope he has a storming WC so we can at least recoup what we paid for him.

Not sure Gibson would be paying a 21 year old over 5k+ a week, he's generally savvy in the way he hands out contracts, can't see us being anywhere close to Villa's suicide contract spends...

It just goes to show Monk's immense failings in the transfer market, paying 3m for a player who's stats weren't impressive in league one. Paying 7m for a player who barely featured the season before...

In terms of Fletcher I was surprised to see he got a goal or an assist every 257 minutes in the Championship this season, which isn't actually that far off a respectable level. (Britt 209 minutes) (Bamford 192 minutes)

Boro linked with a move for Barry Bannan

Meh, hardly the creative/goalscoring midfielder that we need. An upgrade on Leadbitter for sure, but I wouldn't play him and Clayton in the same team.

I think you might have missed the joke there BD.

I think you might have missed the joke there BD.

:liar:

Not that I claim to be a Barry Bannan expert or anything having only seen him play a couple of times, but isn't he fairly similar to Howson in the way he plays? Or maybe even like Forshaw, neat and tidy without ripping up any trees?

Also I would absolutely love Forestieri here!

Not that I claim to be a Barry Bannan expert or anything having only seen him play a couple of times, but isn't he fairly similar to Howson in the way he plays? Or maybe even like Forshaw, neat and tidy without ripping up any trees?

Also I would absolutely love Forestieri here!

From what I've seen he's just a bog standard championship play. Averages a goal a season and an assist every 8 games. Classic Pulis midfielder though. I'd only take him as backup instead of Leadbitter as competition for Clayton.