oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

De Sart is back for pre season

Excellent, it would be interesting to see if Pulis thinks he can use him.

Would defo be interesting. Remember he was performing very very well for Derby in the championship until Rowett came in and dropped all the players on loan. He sort of fits the Pulis mould as a tall Matic like midfielder. For what we'd get for him fee wise I'd be tempted to hang onto him and give him some game time.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Further to a conversation a page or so back, Friend should've been replaced years ago.

Bamford should be more than Britt. Britt had a cruciate injury whereas Bamford hasn't had an injury.

If Forest want him, they should be looking at 15m at least. We don't need to sell, and Forest are thirsty to have him back.

However, the problem is that if we sell him, who are we going to get to come in as a replacement?

A striker who is guaranteed goals in the Championship?

When you play to his strengths and he's fit, Assombalonga guarantee's you 20 goals a season.

I mean, more than you'd think doesn't mean much to me. He may have joined us in the Prem but he didn't sign for us as an established Prem player.

I got told it was circa £50k - i don't know for certain that's what he is on now, but that's how much he signed for.

There is no chance in the world Bamford is on £50k a week. No chance.

For the record, i wouldn't let Bamford go. We'd be strengthening a rival and losing a guy we know scores goals at this level when his confidence is up.

Hopefully Braitwaithe will shine for DENMARK today, so that he will get some attention from potential buyers, which would free up some good money and make a Bamford move less possible.

My gawd, if we sell the most technical striker we have seen in years... Unbearable thought!

Woah woah. We're not selling Gestede. Take it easy.

U have been in the witty corner all week.. What's up mate? Got laid more than wednesday and saturday lately? ::P

I was for sure talking bout Fletcher...

Maybe :P btw could you check with your girlfriend if she's found my watch?

She couldn't find it... And the watch neither..

I stole your watch, but I left it at your mama's house

Further to a conversation a page or so back, Friend should've been replaced years ago.

Bamford should be more than Britt. Britt had a cruciate injury whereas Bamford hasn't had an injury.

If Forest want him, they should be looking at 15m at least. We don't need to sell, and Forest are thirsty to have him back.

However, the problem is that if we sell him, who are we going to get to come in as a replacement?

A striker who is guaranteed goals in the Championship?

When you play to his strengths and he's fit, Assombalonga guarantee's you 20 goals a season.

I mean, more than you'd think doesn't mean much to me. He may have joined us in the Prem but he didn't sign for us as an established Prem player.

I got told it was circa £50k - i don't know for certain that's what he is on now, but that's how much he signed for.

There is no chance in the world Bamford is on £50k a week. No chance.

For the record, i wouldn't let Bamford go. We'd be strengthening a rival and losing a guy we know scores goals at this level when his confidence is up.

When would you have replaced Friend? For me, he was one of our best players during his 12/13 debut season, so I wouldn’t have got rid in 2013 summer. Again, in the 13/14 season, he was one of our best. The 14/15 and 15/16 seasons saw him become the best leftback in the championship. I’m tempted to say that’s indisputable but it’s obviously not so I’m interested to hear who could’ve pipped him to that title. Clearly there’s no imperative to replace one of the best players in the division so up to this point I don’t see any reason to have replaced Friend.

Maybe there’s an argument for replacing him in Summer 2016, but even then I feel that could only be said with hindsight. He’s going into that season as one of if not the best leftback in the championship, that would suggest he had as good of a chance as any to make the step up. Plus, we had much more pressing issues than leftback so I don’t see why we should’ve looked to replace him then. Yes, he struggled in the Prem but I think that was largely down to injury and felt he was adapting well prior. So surely you can only say he should’ve been replaced in summer 2016 with hindsight, which is fair enough but I don’t think that’s something to be pinned on the recruitment team (Not that you did but LinoJo implied it was a failure of our recruitment). Last summer, yes by all means a new leftback would’ve been a wise decision but you said he should’ve been replaced ‘years’ ago so I’m guessing you think he should’ve been replaced before then.

To many are talking about his 'purple patch' as if he was our main striker all season and only hit form after January.

In reality he was out of the team or out wide all season and then when played as a striker started scoring and became the player of 14/15 again.

His talent at this level can't be questioned, play him regularly and as the focal point and he will get 15+ goals each time. Think someone posted up that he got 9 assists aswell. Sorry but double figure goals and almost double figure assists is as good as it can get and while £14m is a good amount of money it will almost all have to be spent on another striker who will be a big gamble.

Tbh however I wouldn't be surprised if pulis suddenly gets a hard on for assombalonga, he's a channel runner and quite similar to rondon in style.

To many are talking about his 'purple patch' as if he was our main striker all season and only hit form after January.

In reality he was out of the team or out wide all season and then when played as a striker started scoring and became the player of 14/15 again.

His talent at this level can't be questioned, play him regularly and as the focal point and he will get 15+ goals each time. Think someone posted up that he got 9 assists aswell. Sorry but double figure goals and almost double figure assists is as good as it can get and while £14m is a good amount of money it will almost all have to be spent on another striker who will be a big gamble.

Tbh however I wouldn't be surprised if pulis suddenly gets a hard on for assombalonga, he's a channel runner and quite similar to rondon in style.

Yep, I’d be extremely disappointed if we sold Paddy. Top player and I think he’s done more than enough to show when he’s played in the right position he can do the business in the championship. Striker isn’t a problem position for me. Only thing I wouldn’t mind is selling Gestede and getting a more competent player of the same ***house mould.

Danny ings allowed to leave Liverpool this summer. Wonder if we could convince him to drop a league if we were to let bamford go?

He's had too many bad injuries too soon together, I think the guy is done unfortunately. It would be a huge gamble to bring him in on anything other than a loan.

Danny ings allowed to leave Liverpool this summer. Wonder if we could convince him to drop a league if we were to let bamford go?

He's had too many bad injuries too soon together, I think the guy is done unfortunately. It would be a huge gamble to bring him in on anything other than a loan.

Also, I know he wasn't a main player at Liverpool this year, but he still played in a Champions' League semi final. As much as I'd love him here, his sights are probably set a bit higher than the Championship.

Also, I know he wasn't a main player at Liverpool this year, but he still played in a Champions' League semi final. As much as I'd love him here, his sights are probably set a bit higher than the Championship.

Probably Burnley

Nakhi Wells must be on the move regardless of who Burnley bring in. Always thought he was a little overrated, but I know many on here wanted him in the past.

Bamford to Forest makes no sense to me.

Bamford wants to play striker and Karanka thinks of him as an inside right forward.

I think we have also have to forget Bamford £14M vs Britt £15M.

We paid too much for Britt, that doesn’t mean Bamford is worth more.

Personally I wouldn’t mind selling Bamford if it meant brining in a quality pacey left winger. Opposition defences wouldn’t be able to stop a threat on both flanks.

But in dealing with the same club, if we're selling them a striker who is better than the one we bought, we would surely expect them to pay more, would we not? Forest are also probably going to overspend this summer, they're going to have to to catch up with the rest of the teams challenging at the top.

There are a lot of things to consider when selling a player and for me, us buying Britt off them last season meant less to them than us selling Bamford to them does to us. They weren't challengers last season, this season they potentially are.

I also disagree that Karanka thinks he's an inside forward. He played there to begin with to fit into the team with Kike/Vossen and Tomlin and he ended up moving up front with Tomlin, Vossen and Adomah behind him when AK realised he was better placed up top. When he came back, Negredo was the main man up top and Bamford had no claim to that place in the team what with being unfit and unproven at this level.

I was just about to post the same thing.

The Britt deal won’t affect Forest’s valuation of Bamford though - they’re not going to pay over the odds just because we did with Britt. They’ll just buy someone else.

Karanka has gone out of his way to say:

“I don’t think Patrick is a striker to play alone, for me he’s one who can play alongside another or on the wing”

I don’t see Karanka playing two strikers or Bamford being happy on the wing.

For those reasons, I don’t see Bamford to Forest happening.