oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Bamford to Forest makes no sense to me.

Bamford wants to play striker and Karanka thinks of him as an inside right forward.

I think we have also have to forget Bamford £14M vs Britt £15M.

We paid too much for Britt, that doesn’t mean Bamford is worth more.

Personally I wouldn’t mind selling Bamford if it meant brining in a quality pacey left winger. Opposition defences wouldn’t be able to stop a threat on both flanks.

But in dealing with the same club, if we're selling them a striker who is better than the one we bought, we would surely expect them to pay more, would we not? Forest are also probably going to overspend this summer, they're going to have to to catch up with the rest of the teams challenging at the top.

There are a lot of things to consider when selling a player and for me, us buying Britt off them last season meant less to them than us selling Bamford to them does to us. They weren't challengers last season, this season they potentially are.

I also disagree that Karanka thinks he's an inside forward. He played there to begin with to fit into the team with Kike/Vossen and Tomlin and he ended up moving up front with Tomlin, Vossen and Adomah behind him when AK realised he was better placed up top. When he came back, Negredo was the main man up top and Bamford had no claim to that place in the team what with being unfit and unproven at this level.

I was just about to post the same thing.

The Britt deal won’t affect Forest’s valuation of Bamford though - they’re not going to pay over the odds just because we did with Britt. They’ll just buy someone else.

Karanka has gone out of his way to say:

“I don’t think Patrick is a striker to play alone, for me he’s one who can play alongside another or on the wing”

I don’t see Karanka playing two strikers or Bamford being happy on the wing.

For those reasons, I don’t see Bamford to Forest happening.

And for these reasons, I am happy

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting if true, this could be the signing that ships Gibbo down the river? if we get a CM (McNair) CB and a winger for that money its a good deal. Think Flint is a better CB at this level as well, teams will be petrified to give corners away  :funny:

Interesting if true, this could be the signing that ships Gibbo down the river? if we get a CM (McNair) CB and a winger for that money its a good deal. Think Flint is a better CB at this level as well, teams will be petrified to give corners away  :funny:

Found this on Twitter as well, so we may be announcing McNair and Flint together:

@SkySports_Keith

Aden Flint currently undergoing a medical at Middlesbrough after fee was agreed with Bristol City. The defender will cost upwards of £5m.

Found this on Twitter as well, so we may be announcing McNair and Flint together:

@SkySports_Keith

Aden Flint currently undergoing a medical at Middlesbrough after fee was agreed with Bristol City. The defender will cost upwards of £5m.

i'm betting on ayala and flint to be top scorer next season  :D :D :D

@SkySports_Keith

Exactly what we did last year with Howson and Christie.

Yea sounds like it's been agreed for a while and we're just spending the money before it's confirmed

Softens the blow too.

This would make sense as to why McNair hasnt been confirmed yet.