• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was it a dream or is this Flint deal really happening?! £6M? Are all the other clubs asleep on the beach?

The man is a mountain and scored 16 goals in 2014–15 :funny:

I think the world will look back on this transfer window - combining Aden Flint with Tony Pulis set piece routines - with the same significance as the splitting of the atom.

"Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds" - Tony Pulis

Was it a dream or is this Flint deal really happening?! £6M? Are all the other clubs asleep on the beach?

The man is a mountain and scored 16 goals in 2014–15 :funny:

I think the world will look back on this transfer window - combining Aden Flint with Tony Pulis set piece routines - with the same significance as the splitting of the atom.

"Now I ADAAAAAAMA become death, destroyer of worlds" - Tony Pulis

Fixed.

Further to a conversation a page or so back, Friend should've been replaced years ago.

When you play to his strengths and he's fit, Assombalonga guarantee's you 20 goals a season.

There is no chance in the world Bamford is on £50k a week. No chance.

For the record, i wouldn't let Bamford go. We'd be strengthening a rival and losing a guy we know scores goals at this level when his confidence is up.

When would you have replaced Friend? For me, he was one of our best players during his 12/13 debut season, so I wouldn’t have got rid in 2013 summer. Again, in the 13/14 season, he was one of our best. The 14/15 and 15/16 seasons saw him become the best leftback in the championship. I’m tempted to say that’s indisputable but it’s obviously not so I’m interested to hear who could’ve pipped him to that title. Clearly there’s no imperative to replace one of the best players in the division so up to this point I don’t see any reason to have replaced Friend.

Maybe there’s an argument for replacing him in Summer 2016, but even then I feel that could only be said with hindsight. He’s going into that season as one of if not the best leftback in the championship, that would suggest he had as good of a chance as any to make the step up. Plus, we had much more pressing issues than leftback so I don’t see why we should’ve looked to replace him then. Yes, he struggled in the Prem but I think that was largely down to injury and felt he was adapting well prior. So surely you can only say he should’ve been replaced in summer 2016 with hindsight, which is fair enough but I don’t think that’s something to be pinned on the recruitment team (Not that you did but LinoJo implied it was a failure of our recruitment). Last summer, yes by all means a new leftback would’ve been a wise decision but you said he should’ve been replaced ‘years’ ago so I’m guessing you think he should’ve been replaced before then.

When we were relegated.

So... so not years ago...

only better left back in champo, while we've had him is probably daniels from muff. he might look clumsy and slow at times, but anyone who knows a player can see past that. he constantly does the right things going forward and when defending. sign of a good player, he does fail to implement what hes trying to do more often now. but hes still a very good solid player in the champo. he certainly does not need replacing. when you look at the squad as a whole its a position i dont even worry about. just my opinion.

absolute nonsense

I'm hoping we'll be the first team in history to start a game with 10 centre backs on the field.

The Pulis master plan is coming together very nicely.

I'm hoping we'll be the first team in history to start a game with 10 centre backs on the field.

The Pulis master plan is coming together very nicely.

That's ridiculous and very condescending towards Pulis painting him as some sort of dinosaur who's transfer policy involves a theme park style measuring stick... the team he will be aiming for is 9 centre backs + Adama.

I think Flint and McNair are good business and it's good that they are coming in for the training camp.

The NE hinted that by signing McNair we are giving up on Besic, which would be a shame.

However, we really need to focus on the attacking midfield area now. Lets hope we get some pace and creativity in.

Not the best 24hrs for Bristol C Flint heading to the Boro and now Bobby Reid is going to Cardiff for around £10million

Good news rather see him go there than Westbrom who were favourites to get him.

McNair has been reported as a box-to-box midfielder, that is pretty much what Besic did. Why sign both?

They do both offer something different so I wouldn't say that if you have one you don't need the other in a midfield 3, but have a feeling that we wont be after Besic especially if we would have to pay the price being quoted by Everton.

At least if we're not desperate for him it puts us in a stronger bargaining position if they want rid and no one has gone in for him toward the end of the window...

McNair has been reported as a box-to-box midfielder, that is pretty much what Besic did. Why sign both?

Because we'll probably play 3 CMs. In which case 2 box-to-box would be useful. Not that I'm confident we'll get Besic too. But I'd be happy if we did.

Also, a few have mentioned the possibility of Downing moving to a more central CM role as part of a 3. Under Pulis there's no chance of that. Downing will be LM next season. The only question is whether he's first choice LM or we bring in someone else to potentially start or compete to start there. We 100% do need another option in that position.

Well i was thinking more if Grant was to go then we would need an extra person in there.