oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

don't really see any evidence that he's changed things tbh

Not questioning whether things have changed with this particular question... but what evidence would you expect to see that Pulis has changed the way our internal recruitment processes work without a public statement?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

replacing gary gill the guy that runs the recruitment team

The guy who runs the recruitment team is now Bevington so that has changed.

That's a pretty high level change to wait to see. Pulis could easily have gone over their heads with Gill and his team still currently continuing their behind the scenes work. Or Pulis could be using the resources they can pull up on players to look at them without taking their recommendations on board. Both those would suggest things have changed without us knowing about it. I'm not sure what value the lack of evidence really proves in this instance. Guess it's kind of like there's no real proof Flint and McNair were signing until the club actually announced it, like there's currently no real (or at least publicly available) proof that Gibson is close to signing for Southampton. But we know these things always happen behind closed doors and we will always really be speculating.

That's a pretty high level change to wait to see. Pulis could easily have gone over their heads with Gill and his team still currently continuing their behind the scenes work. Or Pulis could be using the resources they can pull up on players to look at them without taking their recommendations on board. Both those would suggest things have changed without us knowing about it. I'm not sure what value the lack of evidence really proves in this instance. Guess it's kind of like there's no real proof Flint and McNair were signing until the club actually announced it, like there's currently no real (or at least publicly available) proof that Gibson is close to signing for Southampton. But we know these things always happen behind closed doors and we will always really be speculating.

The way I believe it works is they (whoever 'they' are) all have a meeting and discuss what the team needs and Gill gets a list of targets for each position which the mangager choses who he wants from.

I guess the most likely change Pulis will have on it is he would chose different players that Monk or Karanka would have. i think it was mentioned that Karanka put his own names forward and they evaluated them or whatever so Pulis probably has and will have his own choices aswell.

I think it was Gibson or Mowbray in an interview who mentioned that the whole department was there to work semi independantly from the manager to avoid the strachan situation where we were stuck with an expensive bunch of no hopers brought in soley by the manager. So Id guess any name put forward wether by Gill, the manager and possibly even Gibson would have to meet some kind of critieria the club uses.

Would anyone take James McLean?

Strangely enough it appears him and Randolph are having a bit of banter on Randolph’s recent Instagram post, which ended in him saying “I’ll be meeting you after anyway” or something in regards to pre-season. Something to think about or just leprechaun humour?

I think there's probably better options out there but if he did come in I think he'd improve us.

If he does come here I'll support him like any other player, I couldn't care less about his political views.

I think there's probably better options out there but if he did come in I think he'd improve us.

If he does come here I'll support him like any other player, I couldn't care less about his political views.

He'd improve us but not by as much as I'd like. Id certainly take him as an option for either wing if we want a change of game plan as he has energy and tenacity like no one else in our team, but he doesn't have a quality enough delivery for what we seem to be setting up like as the left winger.