oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

3 man centre midfield of Mcnair, Clayton and Howson would he ideal.

Clayton sitting as cover

Whilst Mcnair and Howson attack as box to box midfielders? I thought that would be pretty good..

Howson needs to be a lot more involved in games if hes going to be our midfield attacking outlet, just doesnt seem to have impact on games sometimes.

I was disappointed with Howsons contribution in games last season, I was expecting a lot more from him in terms of goals and assists.

I'd be inclined to have someone else in the midfield and have Howson on the bench

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought Howson played very well in the second half of the season and was randomly dropped a bit unfairly at times. I'd be happy with the 3 man midfield suggested.

Indeed. First half of the season, it really took him a long time to actually have an effect on games, he sort of just existed on the pitch. I don't think that was the case for a lot of the 2nd half of the season.

I think the Norwich fans said the same about Howson, he'd have a few good games and then a run of games where he was just non-existent.

If we are replacing midfielders I think he'd be one of the first to be dropped for me.

I haven't been massively impressed with Howson however in his defence he seemed to be in and out the team a lot with Monk.

I'd also say if you look throughout Howsons career he generally produces reasonably well for a cm, especially in the championship. For that reason I think we can expect far better from him next season.

10 goals a piece from Mcnair/Howson, extra goals from Flint and if we get some production from the LW spot we'll be well on the way to pushing towards that holy grail of 2 points per game.

Gibson is still putting a fair bit on social media and he is all over the MFC website.. I don't know if I'm reading too much into that but if it was me and I knew fine well I was leaving I'd want to keep that to a minimum, especially with his undoubted emotional attachment to the club.

Would it though? We need a new left back. Pulis likes to play four centre halves across the back. I agree it's not a great move for Gibson but it ticks a lot of other boxes.

Could possibly work with another Traore on the left or if he went to 3 at the back which is unlikely.

Just makes no sense to me. I can't see Gibson being anywhere near as strong at LB. You're essentially taking a 8/10 player and turning him into a 6/10 player while depriving yourself out of 20+ million.

Would it though? We need a new left back. Pulis likes to play four centre halves across the back. I agree it's not a great move for Gibson but it ticks a lot of other boxes.

He played with a back 3 last season, and it would sort of make sense if Traore left and we had no Wingers at the club to then play a system with Wingbacks.

If it means we keep him, great. And I agree it would fit with a Pulis-type system.

Also, from Gibson's perspective, if he moved to the PL it wouldn't guarantee him starts by any means. But if he gets promoted with Boro and goes on to get starts in the PL with us, it might improve his chances with England. Southgate loves a ball-playing CB / moving someone in from full-back to play in his back 3.

I'd be surprised if Gibson stayed here, I'd be absolutely amazed if he'd stayed to play as a full back.

You'd have to question his sanity to turn down a premier league move for playing out of position in the championship.

Saying that I think him, Flint and Ayala would be fantastic in a system with 3 centre backs.