oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Can’t see us going after Ritchie for 15m. We have no one to offset that cost other than Traore (unless we’ve had someone’s pants down for braithwaite) and there is no way I would replace Traore with Ritchie and not have much change to reinvest. We need additions to Traore not a replacement. If he goes then we need 2 first team wingers.

Would imagine Ritchie is on ridiculous wages as well which is how Newcastle managed to get him. Plus any increase getting to the Prem.

If the Braithwaite and Gibbo deal add up to about £25m that would cover the 3 transfers so far.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He has to have an offer to be able to turn it down...

You might want to let Southampton know, maybe they’ve accidentally agreed terms with Darron Gibson

If terms had been agreed surely he wouldn’t be in Austria right now

Why? Britt was at Forests training camp after we’d agreed a fee.

You might want to let Southampton know, maybe they’ve accidentally agreed terms with Darron Gibson

Exactly the fee had been agreed with forest.

Why would Boro let him speak and agree terms with another club before the fee has been agreed? Surely that’s poaching?!

I don’t doubt that both Southampton and Everton are interested but just can’t see terms being agreed.

Whilst I would like Gibson to keep here in an ideal world, it would be sheer madness to play a £15 million worth CB like him at LB in the Championship. The fullback role in our system is pretty basic so I don't think we need a particularly high quality player there so Friend is good enough to do that job. I'd much rather we sold Gibson and put the raised budget on a key attacking signing like Ritchie. That would earn us significantly far more points over the course of a season. If it comes down to that conundrum then it's a simple decision to make.

If we are willing to spend such a large amount on a winger I’d make contact wil Everton and Bolasie as he is apparently a***st the players Everton want rid of. He’s probably on huge wages though.

He's never going to drop down to the Championship plus he's awful anyway.

So that's bolasie winning the balon dor next year with your track record of calling players awful ;)

Whatever happened to that young lad from Sheffield United? Henry Morgan was it? Last I heard, he was at Hull, at least KM got that one right!

:D

Heard he’s on holiday in Russia currently...

Here's me thinking that one would never be spoken about again. :D

Are we thinking of a formation of

————— Randolph—————

Shotton— Ayala—Flint—Friend

———-Clayton — McNair ——

Traore——Downing —Ritchie

————-Paddy————

Because I’d be ok with that

guys shut it down the almighty humpty has spoken and as we know he is never, ever wrong.

No, that's me you're thinking about.  Humpty is wrong all the time, the useless get.  :crying: :whistle:

:disgusted:

:oops: :blush:

I don't know what you are referring to there  :whistle:

Everyone knows I spend all my spare time thinking about you, bae.

Exactly the fee had been agreed with forest.

Why would Boro let him speak and agree terms with another club before the fee has been agreed? Surely that’s poaching?!

I don’t doubt that both Southampton and Everton are interested but just can’t see terms being agreed.

It happens in basically every transfer, agent and buying club reach an agreement in principle before a fee is agreed generally.

Has anyone heard anything about Ritchie to substantiate the Telegraph's article?

Read it on fmttm a few weeks back someone mentioned we were after him. Took no notice of it with it being a rumour. Mentioned it to my colleague who is a Mag and he laughed it off at the time said there was no chance.

Has anyone heard anything about Ritchie to substantiate the Telegraph's article?

I can confirm that he does play for Newcastle if that helps.

Another so called "ITKer", making wild and unsubstantiated claims  :rolleyes:

I can confirm that he does play for Newcastle if that helps.

Wait you aren't Vickers...you're Nixon with that level of ITK knowledge!