oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Has anyone heard anything about Ritchie to substantiate the Telegraph's article?

I can confirm that he does play for Newcastle if that helps.

Another so called "ITKer", making wild and unsubstantiated claims  :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone heard anything about Ritchie to substantiate the Telegraph's article?

I can confirm that he does play for Newcastle if that helps.

I heard that, despite usually being called Matt, his name is actually Matthew. Although those claims remain unsubstantiated.

Read it on fmttm a few weeks back someone mentioned we were after him. Took no notice of it with it being a rumour. Mentioned it to my colleague who is a Mag and he laughed it off at the time said there was no chance.

Just to confirm he's still laughing it off and I quote:

"Kamran..Give it a rest..He's not going to leave the biggest team in the north east playing in front of 52k fans to go play with Aden Flint and Ashley Fletcher whilst getting watched by seagulls."

It made me laugh like. :D

The Telegraph are usually spot on with their information so I'd believe there's substance to the story. Stoke are scrimping and scraping over £4 or £6 million for James McClean so I can't imagine them offering £15 million for Ritchie.

How many direct free kicks did we score in the league last season?. I can't remember any off the top of my head. Ritchie's direct free kicks alone will surely add a few goals into our goals scored column. He'd be superb signing if we can pull it off. Any sort of competent winger will be enough for me though as I'm desperate for any sort of upgrade on Downing at LW.

Thanks but no thanks to Ritchie. He's a good player, but we really need a LW.

Do our scouting department know the difference between a LW and a left footed RW?

Agree with this, if he's coming to replace traore then so be it but honestly I think we'd get more just putting downing there where he's played his best stuff since rejoining and spending the money on LW and attacking mid/#10 where we are seriously lacking.

I'd probably prefer Adomah + Besic for the price, but its very encouraging we're looking at heavily investing in a problem area and would welcome this signing with open arms.

What’s Joel Campbell up to? I see that he is leaving ***nal on a free and didn’t play many games last season on loan at Betis. Could he be an option?

Why adomah though when we need a LW?

Adomah can quite naturally play at LW. He played it whenever him and Stuani were in the team and has been playing it pretty much all season at Villa with Snodgrass on the other side.

I cannot believe what I am reading with people already dismissing Ritchie. He's as good a winger you can hope for in the Championship. In fact, I still find it hard to believe that he would even consider dropping down a division. I know he did it last time with Newcastle but I cannot see it happening a second time unless he gets an exceptional offer. He can cross, shoot, pass, tackle run past players. He can play on the left, he can play on the right. What more do people want?

I cannot believe what I am reading with people already dismissing Ritchie. He's as good a winger you can hope for in the Championship. In fact, I still find it hard to believe that he would even consider dropping down a division. I know he did it last time with Newcastle but I cannot see it happening a second time unless he gets an exceptional offer. He can cross, shoot, pass, tackle run past players. He can play on the left, he can play on the right. What more do people want?

He played 4 games out of 35 on the left last season

It's not natural though is it he's cutting in, checking back. Can't we just get a proper lw for once.

He literally set up the winner against us at the Riverside from the left with a left-footed cross. And as I've said previously, just scored 14 goals and got 5 assists playing out there. What is there to complain about there in terms of what value he adds on that side? However he did it, he showed he did it effectively.

I get the problems with his age and his previous at the club and whatnot. But in terms of his quality on that side, that's proven.

It's not natural though is it he's cutting in, checking back. Can't we just get a proper lw for once.

He literally set up the winner against us at the Riverside from the left with a left-footed cross. And as I've said previously, just scored 14 goals and got 5 assists playing out there. What is there to complain about there in terms of what value he adds on that side? However he did it, he showed he did it effectively.

I get the problems with his age and his previous at the club and whatnot. But in terms of his quality on that side, that's proven.

he's no stewy downing let's be honest.

Grosiki could be a clever signing I think.

Played left wing every time I seen him for Hull. Just turned 30 but would probably cost a 3Rd of Ritchie. Technically superb, has very solid goal/assist record, not sure if he has the work ethic for Pulis like.