• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see Jack Rodwell is available. £73k a week? Bargain.

Please tell me that is a joke?

Of course it's a joke. His League One wages is a paltry 44k a week. I mean how could the poor man live on that?

Rodwell is out of sunderland. So is he a free agent ie. has no wage to match. Or has his agent set a wage. How does this work

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he's off to the MLS. The same article said that his wage would have dropped to 44k if he had stayed for his final year. They also said that the McNair money was used to pay him off

Rodwell is out of sunderland. So is he a free agent ie. has no wage to match. Or has his agent set a wage. How does this work

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he's off to the MLS. The same article said that his wage would have dropped to 44k if he had stayed for his final year. They also said that the McNair money was used to pay him off

Selling one of your best players in order to pay the wages of an overpaid, overrated player who doesn't want to stay at the club?

Yup, no wonder Sunderland are in the ***.

I thought about Grosicki but he's just had a very hit and miss season with Hull. His return for his number of starts is pretty good but I seem to remember he came on against us and scored at the KC and he wasn't starting because his head wasn't in it for the Championship. Clearly got the talent, his mentality would seem to be another thing entirely.

Agree he definitely has question marks over his mentality however Hull has been a pretty toxic place to be over the last couple of seasons, similar to Mcnair at Sunderland really where people questioned whether he was really doing his all to get back.

However Pulis I think would be a decent manager for the guy, and I think our changing room is likely a lot more upbeat place to be than Hulls at the moment. 

I've heard Hull are pretty much having a fire sale so if we could get him for under 5m it would be a no brainer for me.

Grosicki is a class player if he's motivated and happy, he looked really good in the Premier league.

I know a couple of Hull fans and they reckon every player there is available, they pretty much believe the Hull owners are deliberately trying to run the club into the ground. I can understand why players wouldn't be happy there.

Judging by the EG's back page, Ritchie is an actual target.

They don't give the back page to some second hand rumour from another source. If we look at they way the EG treated the McNair and Flint deals then is starting to follow that similar pattern.

They don't give the back page to some second hand rumour from another source. If we look at they way the EG treated the McNair and Flint deals then is starting to follow that similar pattern.

Newcastle have said that there has been contact from 3 different teams but no bids, even if we don't sign him it's nice to know that our priority now is a talented winger...

Just thinking of the Ritchie thing. Should he drop down a division; whoever gets him would be making the signing of the summer. He would quite possibly be the difference between finishing in the top 6 and the top 2. He's been one of Newcastle's top performers since signing for them; most Newcastle fans are against any sale.