oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

The Gazette has no inside info.. Alan Nixon and Echo have both said we're not in the running to sign him. If anything, I think we're asking around to see who's available in case Adama leaves.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Judging by the EG's back page, Ritchie is an actual target.

They don't give the back page to some second hand rumour from another source. If we look at they way the EG treated the McNair and Flint deals then is starting to follow that similar pattern.

Just thinking of the Ritchie thing. Should he drop down a division; whoever gets him would be making the signing of the summer. He would quite possibly be the difference between finishing in the top 6 and the top 2. He's been one of Newcastle's top performers since signing for them; most Newcastle fans are against any sale.

Don't think anyone is against him as a player, just signing him for the left we wouldn't be getting the same player as for the right.

I think you would be nullifying his strengths and exposing his weaknesses doing that, and considering the financial outlay and his age I believe there are better options.

No doubting he's a top player for this level.

The Gazette has no inside info.. Alan Nixon and Echo have both said we're not in the running to sign him. If anything, I think we're asking around to see who's available in case Adama leaves.

And the Northern Echo do have inside information? Also when did Alan Nixon become the omnipotent being for transfers?

I'm just saying, the EG feel that there is enough in this story to make it back page news and start to dedicate articles to Ritchie, similarly to McNair and Flint

Unsure how reliable this info is but I’ve heard we’re signing a Brighton player on loan, guessing it’s Solly March given the previous links but who knows...

lewis dunk  :cheese:

And the Northern Echo do have inside information? Also when did Alan Nixon become the omnipotent being for transfers?

I'm just saying, the EG feel that there is enough in this story to make it back page news and start to dedicate articles to Ritchie, similarly to McNair and Flint

The Echo certainly have better access than the Gazette these days.

I don't think their access has changed as a result of the Gazette though, they are probably in the exact same position as before. Just the huge change in the opposite direction for the Gazette means they'll probably report it first. I may be being hugely forgetful but I can't remember them ever getting an exclusive on a transfer without other sources making the connection first since the club & Gazette broke each other's hearts.

He isn't, he was adamant that Downing wasn't coming back here a few years ago. I'm pretty sure the likes of Vickers will be a bit closer to the gossip than him.

He isn't, he was adamant that Downing wasn't coming back here a few years ago. I'm pretty sure the likes of Vickers will be a bit closer to the gossip than him.

Also regardless of his connections, he has been known to be a bit of a *** stirrer, I remember the Rhodes debacle where he was firmly biased towards the Blackburn side of the discussion, if I remember rightly, it was because of financial connections he had at their end.

Is Solly March any good? never seen him play, is he a quick winger, tricky, strong, loads of assists?

From what I've seen he's more of a traditional Left Winger, decent pace, beating a man and whipping a ball in. Also has a terrific defensive work rate. Doesn't offer a huge amount of goals or assists in the prem, but his Championship stats are alright. 

For us I think he would be an improvement on Downing in terms of speed, stamina and work rate as well as being a bigger threat. Would probably provide good balance for Friend to get forward, basing that on what I've seen from Brighton in the PL...

Downing should be no where near the wide positions never mind number 10, he has no impact on games what so ever.

I’m not a rose tinted glasses Downing fan but this is just not true. Downing had some brilliant games last season and when he was up for it he could control the game, switching play, linking play together and putting balls in.

Downing could still do a job but we definitely need an alternative.

Completely agree. Amazing how people forget he was one of, if not our best player in the first half of the season.

Not too amazing, 1 goal & 1 assist by xmas is pretty forgettable to be honest.  

Trying to shoe horn Downing into our starting XI is not the greatest plan in my opinion, unless of course you want to continue our recent seasons theme of a low goals for column . 

If you look to the "best" players of Wolves, Fulham & Cardiff, then suggest Downing is ours, it's really no surprise we failed to gain promotion.

It's time to move on I'm afraid. 

I must have been really unlucky last season to miss the games where Downing was, and I quote, “our best player” and “brilliant “. Whenever I saw him he lacked pace and energy, slowed the game down, put pressure on his fullback and never seemed to be looking for the forward ball, in short a player coming to the end of his career. Of any of the weaknesses we have this is the area we need to address most

I must have been really unlucky last season to miss the games where Downing was, and I quote, “our best player” and “brilliant “. Whenever I saw him he lacked pace and energy, slowed the game down, put pressure on his fullback and never seemed to be looking for the forward ball, in short a player coming to the end of his career. Of any of the weaknesses we have this is the area we need to address most

yeah I was at about 30ish and I feel the same.