oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I really think Traore is happy here and most of the reports are probably being started by Villa who are trying to unsettle him. They are really desperate for cash.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely we need to stop publicising that Adama has an £18m release clause?

I agree, we should all stop mentioning the £18m release clause Traore has in his contract in case somebody finds out that he has an £18m release clause and tries to activate the £18m release clause with an £18m bid.

Saints frustrated at the club and our negotiating stance, thought they had agreement in principle. Expect them to move onto other targets soon

This can’t be true everything’s agreed.... :)

Wouldn't that suggest a deal was agreed and then we've tried to get something else?

He reads what he wants

He read what he waaaants

His name is Humpty

He reads what he wants

Even though there wasn't really a "Monk lineup", the one I can remember us playing the most was, a kind of 4-3-3/4-3-1-2, with three CMs playing virtually the same role, no real creativity or width and too many strikers:

-------------------Randolph

Christie---Ayala----Gibson---Friend

----Forshaw---Clayton---Howson

-------------------Bamford---------------

-----Assombalonga----Gestede

I think we could end up with a much more focused team with players in effective roles. This sort of lineup seems more settled than Monk's lineups last season and better balanced with a less one-paced midfield:

-------------------Randolph-----------

Shotton---Ayala----Flint---Friend

-------------------Clayton---------------

---------McNair------------Besic/Howson

Traore----------Bamford------Bryan/LW

Just can't get away with them midfields, I wouldn't really want to go a full season relying on McNair being our midfield attacking outlet. We need an attacking central midfielder/#10 just as much as we need a left sided player.

Just can't get away with them midfields, I wouldn't really want to go a full season relying on McNair being our midfield attacking outlet. We need an attacking central midfielder/#10 just as much as we need a left sided player.

Now that’s something we can agree on :)

I actually think left wing is much more required than a centre-attacking mid right now. It's clear there's a significant imbalance in that we have one really good wide player so teams can defend mostly on that side and condense their midfield to close out gaps in the centre. Stretch them out with another good winger on the other side and the gaps to the front man at least start to show a bit more. Against Villa for example, everything through the middle was sussed out with a compact midfield so we play it out to Traore to give us some width. The other side isn't even much of a possibility as it was only Friend giving us that width.

Not the perfect solution, we could still do with both but I think this:

New LW - Downing - Traore

looks an awful lot better than this:

Downing - New #10 - Traore

Yes. I was just taking for granted that we get another left winger, which you are right should be the main priority, but I hope we don’t go into the season with the current set of central midfielders.

See imo I wouldn't like that, 3 defensive style midfielders would be awful to watch. I wouldn't be against getting huddlestone as we lack someone who can really spray the ball around, but alongside McNair or Clayton not both.

I actually think left wing is much more required than a centre-attacking mid right now. It's clear there's a significant imbalance in that we have one really good wide player so teams can defend mostly on that side and condense their midfield to close out gaps in the centre. Stretch them out with another good winger on the other side and the gaps to the front man at least start to show a bit more. Against Villa for example, everything through the middle was sussed out with a compact midfield so we play it out to Traore to give us some width. The other side isn't even much of a possibility as it was only Friend giving us that width.

Not the perfect solution, we could still do with both but I think this:

New LW - Downing - Traore

looks an awful lot better than this:

Downing - New #10 - Traore

I agree but that villa game really brought home how much we lack a jack grealish type player, someone to break forward with the ball through the middle.

I wouldn't be against Adama doing it and us getting another rw in, even playing downing on the right where I think he's miles more effective.

I know I've yapped on about friend and Clayton but if we could only sign 2 more players this summer it would have to be a lw and #10 for me.

Surely we need to stop publicising that Adama has an £18m release clause?

I agree, we should all stop mentioning the £18m release clause Traore has in his contract in case somebody finds out that he has an £18m release clause and tries to activate the £18m release clause with an £18m bid.

I laughed an 18 on the laugh scale  :funny:

Relax, guys ... We don't need any offensive midfielders or new strikers... We have Ayala and Flint ffs :D

Welll ... Ok then we surely need at least 2 new attack minded midfielders, with a left wing as main priority...

We have too many defensive minded players, which I as a fan find offensive

Adama has a post on MFC saying how happy he and the team and and that he’s loving what pulis is doing in Austria and he’s looking forward to the season ahead because when things get bad they can take experience from Austria about how together the team are etc. Honestly can’t see Traore leaving this summer.

Adama has a post on MFC saying how happy he and the team and and that he’s loving what pulis is doing in Austria and he’s looking forward to the season ahead because when things get bad they can take experience from Austria about how together the team are etc. Honestly can’t see Traore leaving this summer.

This is probably the first time in his career he's been a valuable first team player and fan favourite, looks like it's helped make his mind up.