oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Regarding Ritchie I saw an interesting post on FMTTM regarding the numbers bandied around in the media. Put's into perspective just how big a commitment it would be:

"Very good player, but is £80k per week really a Championship salary?

That is around 50% of our annual gate receipts, to put that in perspective.

£15m fee amortised over a 4 year contract, takes up the other 50% of our gate per season."

Starting to think it's just his agent trying to get him a better contract at Newcastle United. Seen it all before.

KM just knows, he's so sure.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Sun is saying that Stoke har offered Ritchie 75k a week! That's a lot of money in this division and I'm happy that we are seemingly not willing to match that.

That would be a big risk for Stoke, but they're guaranteed 3 years of parachute payments and Ritchie would probably be the best player in the division.

I'm fairly certain you only get two payments now one the summer you go down and one the following summer should you not go straight back up

That's only if you were if the Premier League for one season only, like we were. Stoke were obviously there for much longer, as were Swansea and WBA, so all will have the full three years.

The Sun is saying that Stoke har offered Ritchie 75k a week! That's a lot of money in this division and I'm happy that we are seemingly not willing to match that.

That would be a big risk for Stoke, but they're guaranteed 3 years of parachute payments and Ritchie would probably be the best player in the division.

I'm fairly certain you only get two payments now one the summer you go down and one the following summer should you not go straight back up

That's only if you were if the Premier League for one season only, like we were. Stoke were obviously there for much longer, as were Swansea and WBA, so all will have the full three years.

The third year is much reduced though. 41 million the first year, 33 million the second year and "only" 15 million the third and final year.

For what it's worth too, Britt is still involved in the training sessions with everyone else this morning. I suspect he will play a part in the game this evening and whatever it was will be shrugged off.

The most interesting aspect will be the roles played by young talents; chapman, Tavernier, Wing and De Sart. Will they take their chance.

Saints frustrated at the club and our negotiating stance, thought they had agreement in principle. Expect them to move onto other targets soon

This can’t be true everything’s agreed.... :)

Wouldn't that suggest a deal was agreed and then we've tried to get something else?

So what's the hold up if everything's agreed? We've got the replacement.

Saints frustrated at the club and our negotiating stance, thought they had agreement in principle. Expect them to move onto other targets soon

Wouldn't that suggest a deal was agreed and then we've tried to get something else?

Maybe Southampton have lost the club’s phone number, as for a deal to be agreed, they have to get in touch ?

I think Morrison would be in the starting 11, but that would require him to be fit, he would probably be on big wages too... just can't get very excited because the signing would probably mean we are not looking into another AM/CM.

On the other hand Morrison has proved he is Premier League quality, I'd be more enthusiastic if it weren't for his injury record and his age...

Shall I just keep putting the bits you're ignoring in bold for you or do I need to start writing everything in bold so you read it all?

Aden Flint...he's a replacement for an outgoing Ben Gibson. So what's the hold up? The deal's already done.

Southampton's Daily Echo are saying no approach has been made for the record.