oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I can't say that I am excited about this window and hearing about Pulis being interested in Morrison does not help

I can't see it to be honest, I'm sure Downing will play central this season and with already having Clayton, Howson, Leadbitter and buying McNair there isn't really any room

Morrison was at Rockcliffe 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it was talks or just a visit as he still lives up here.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we sell Leadbitter, which I hope, we need another if Pulis wants to play with three in the middle. I'd like someone attack minded and Morrison does tick a lot of boxes as a player but ideally I'd like someone a little bit younger that we can build on and won't need special treatment or need replacing in just 12 months. It's a big bonus that he is on a free though. 32 isn't exactly old and he would come with some valuable experiance.

If we sell Leadbitter, which I hope, we need another if Pulis wants to play with three in the middle. I'd like someone attack minded and Morrison does tick a lot of boxes as a player but ideally I'd like someone a little bit younger that we can build on and won't need special treatment or need replacing in just 12 months. It's a big bonus that he is on a free though. 32 isn't exactly old and he would come with some valuable experiance.

I'd like morrisson back for sentimental reasons but whether he would cut it for us is another thing. He will be on high wages, probably. I know in the past we have brought in some useful 30 something year old players, like Merson, branca, pallister, Cooper and these were good players but the league standards are higher now I think. To me replacing leadbitter with morrisson is kinda a like for like both older players, both legs are gone, OK morrisson is more of a threat going forward that's true.

But surely there is someone better out there?

I'd like morrisson back for sentimental reasons but whether he would cut it for us is another thing. He will be on high wages, probably. I know in the past we have brought in some useful 30 something year old players, like Merson, branca, pallister, Cooper and these were good players but the league standards are higher now I think. To me replacing leadbitter with morrisson is kinda a like for like both older players, both legs are gone, OK morrisson is more of a threat going forward that's true.

But surely there is someone better out there?

The fact that he is on a free should help a lot. Give him a decent signing on bonus and that could mean wages on par with the first team players. It's not like teams are queing up to offer him big wages. WBA still haven't offered him anything and the third team that is supposedly interested is Blackburn. If we sell Leadbitter for say 1 million we could use that money as part of the signing on fee and Leadbitters wages would help cover Morrisons wages. It's definately an upgrade.

An update regarding the Gibson/Southampton rumour. Southampton have apparently had their bid for Vestergaard accepted by Gladbach. It's believed to be around the 20 million mark making him the most expensive Danish player ever. They are believed to be ahead of West Ham. There is no way thay are buying both him and Gibson for a combined 40 million.

Everton are supposedly after that Mina, the Colombian that scored against England. Everton and Southampton are the two teams credited with the most interest in Gibson as far as I can tell.

Everton are supposedly after that Mina, the Colombian that scored against England. Everton and Southampton are the two teams credited with the most interest in Gibson as far as I can tell.

He's too good for Everton.

He's gonna end up playing Gibson lb isn't he.....

Gibson LB, Fry RB and Bamford LW #pulisknowshisstuff  :omg:

Gibson and Flint I think.... not sure where we are at in terms of Ayala fitness

Yeah you are probably right about that, and I was just joking. Surely not even Pulis would want to play the best defender in the league out of postition. It cuold very well be that Pulis isn't entirely sure whether Ayala is fit enough to be considered first choice and if we don't get any appropriate offers for Gibson we could very well have a damn good central defence yet again with Gibbo the focal point wearing the captains armband.

If Gibson stays (not that I think he will) you could argue that 3 of our best players are centre backs.

If could play with 3 at the back AND find somewhere where we can get the best out of Traore it would surely be something worth considering.