oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I'd be disappointed at losing Britt. And I'd be disappointed at losing Bamford. But I suppose one has to go if Pulis really do want to bring someone new in. We can't afford to have both those players sitting on the bench. I just hope Pulis has a top striker in line and not a dud like Steven Fletcher because he is big and experienced. The Echo has also credited Birmingham and Forest with interest in Britt. I could live with selling him to Birmingham but I would not like to see us strengthening a rival with a 15-20 goal striker.

Sometimes you sell to whoever put up the money

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be disappointed at losing Britt. And I'd be disappointed at losing Bamford. But I suppose one has to go if Pulis really do want to bring someone new in. We can't afford to have both those players sitting on the bench. I just hope Pulis has a top striker in line and not a dud like Steven Fletcher because he is big and experienced. The Echo has also credited Birmingham and Forest with interest in Britt. I could live with selling him to Birmingham but I would not like to see us strengthening a rival with a 15-20 goal striker.

Sometimes you sell to whoever put up the money

Yeah obviously but that would still make me disappointed/wary of the consequences. But if Pulis has a target and we can sell Britt without a loss or at least a minor loss I can see why we would let him leave.

Time will tell with these players but if we sell them then so be it.... as long as we get what they are worth and we reinvest and start the season more balanced than we did last season then I won’t complain. I know TP isn’t for everyone but I will back whatever he decides.

Even if he starts the season with Gestede as the main striker?

Most of the championship promotion hopefuls will be praying we start with Gestede as our main striker, we're going to need one hell of a scoring midfield with this donkey leading the line, I'd let Gestede go on a free that's how much I rate him, one of our worst signings.

I think Lee Dong-Gook, Lee Miller, Chris Killen, Marlon King, Dave Kitson, Adam Hammill, Phil Whelan, Ricardinho, Branco, Kris Boyd, Jayson Leutwiler, Tomas Mejias, Justin Hoyte, Frazier Richardson, Sean St. Ledger, Maxi Haas, Kei Kamara, Mido and Andy Dibble might have something to say about that...

Yeh  seen them all, can go back further than that, Gestede's in there with them,, waste of 6 mill, would imagine he'll be on a fair wack in wages as well might do a decent job at Sunderland good division for him.

Again got to agree regarding selling players to rivals. Everyone is aware of ours, Swansea's and Forest's aims this season. I wouldn't be approaching any negotiating table for some of our players who could be banging in the goals for a different team willing to snap anybody's hands off, certainly not until we're sure of an incoming who is going to improve on those players in this team.

Let’s assume pullis doesn’t want Britt  (for arguments sake). We are due to buy another forward and Britt will get little to no game time.  Say the only team to offer a decent amount is say forest or Swansea  and they offer 12 million.    Do we take 12 million from a rival or leave a 12 million pound asset on the bench all season

You've literally come up with a scenario I already agreed with.

I’d sell Britt, Gestede and Braithwaite they all came with high expectations and haven’t really done it for me we have to many strikers on the books. I’d use the money to strengthen other areas, I’d like us to get Bryan and play him LW try and find a striker like Mitrovic and to finish it of a CM Besic.

If Pulis is going to play one up top then it will be Gestede as first choice.

Our downfall has always been strikers who are shoe horned into a system and do a job. We then identify a player, But our team has moved on to a different striker. We just seen to be right player at the wrong time, all the time.

I am 100% convinced we would get promoted if Britt and Bamford played as a pair.

But we see a lone striker to shore up the midfield. And neither of those 2 are brilliant at it. Bamford is probably better at it for me than Britt.

If it means Britt is sold to get a more effective player then I am all for it.

Do I like Britt? Yes, he has his moments. But for the price we paid we could have got better and a more clinical striker in my opinion.

Where I start to have my doubts with Pulis is how football has evolved recently. I just can't help but think that when Pulis goes we will have to rebuild yet again, much like West Brom did.

How about we keep Britt and Bamford and get rid of Pulis and Gestede. If Morrison is not fit enough for West Brom to offer a new contract to, why does our management team think he is, baffles me.

How about we keep Britt and Bamford and get rid of Pulis and Gestede. If Morrison is not fit enough for West Brom to offer a new contract to, why does our management team think he is, baffles me.

Because he still has a month on his old 60k a week contract. He's probably just holding on to that before signing a new contract elsewhere.

Because he still has a month on his old 60k a week contract. He's probably just holding on to that before signing a new contract elsewhere.

My point was more if he is not fit enough or good enough for one of our main rivals, why would we be interested?

My point was more if he is not fit enough or good enough for one of our main rivals, why would we be interested?

He's in training with them but perhaps he has told them that he isn't signing a contract now but would like to see if he can get a new challenge elsewhere.

he scored 15 league goals in a "bad" season ffs of course he's worth it.

A bad season for whom?  Him or us?  Odd thing about Assombalonga to date is that last season he played more mins at Championship level than he's ever done and he scored 15 goals.  His previous bests were 15 goals and 14 goals.  So is he actually capable of more or will he max out at about 15 goals at this level no matter what?  I don't know but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he can necessarily add another 10 goals to that or whatever.  He could have scored more goals last season but his shooting at times was abysmal.

Who is this mythical lethal striker people think we can bring in?

I'm quite interested.

No one on here knows but I'd hazard a guess and say Pulis has someone in mind if he is indeed willing to sell one of the current strikers. But maybe he actually is satisfied with what he's got and isn't looking elsewhere.

Who is this mythical lethal striker people think we can bring in?

I'm quite interested.

No one on here knows but I'd hazard a guess and say Pulis has someone in mind if he is indeed willing to sell one of the current strikers. But maybe he actually is satisfied with what he's got and isn't looking elsewhere.

Its honestly like some people don't watch any other football but Boro games. Mitrovic is a one that's mentioned on here tons, nobody watch any of his world cup games? the chances he flubbed, or his Fulham games for that matter. Playing in the top attacking team in the league only marginally bettered Bamford, he missed tons for Fulham as well and that's cherry picking the last 6 months because for the previous 2 years before he was utter tripe.

Just baffles me that people think there all all these 100% conversion rate strikers hanging around waiting to play in the championship. Bamford and Britt are as good as it gets at this level.