oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Who is this mythical lethal striker people think we can bring in?

I'm quite interested.

No one on here knows but I'd hazard a guess and say Pulis has someone in mind if he is indeed willing to sell one of the current strikers. But maybe he actually is satisfied with what he's got and isn't looking elsewhere.

Its honestly like some people don't watch any other football but Boro games. Mitrovic is a one that's mentioned on here tons, nobody watch any of his world cup games? the chances he flubbed, or his Fulham games for that matter. Playing in the top attacking team in the league only marginally bettered Bamford, he missed tons for Fulham as well and that's cherry picking the last 6 months because for the previous 2 years before he was utter tripe.

Just baffles me that people think there all all these 100% conversion rate strikers hanging around waiting to play in the championship. Bamford and Britt are as good as it gets at this level.

Yes, we know that but Pulis doesn't seem to think so. People are only mentioning Mitrovic because he's the one we tried to sign in the last transfer window and to be fair with him; he lead the line quite well for Fulham last season playing as the lone striker.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As it stands right now we don't need a striker.

I hope we're going into next season with bamford as our #1.

If Britt leaves then yes we'd have to replace him but I'd rather spend most of that money in the positions behind him where we were really poor.

Again got to agree regarding selling players to rivals. Everyone is aware of ours, Swansea's and Forest's aims this season. I wouldn't be approaching any negotiating table for some of our players who could be banging in the goals for a different team willing to snap anybody's hands off, certainly not until we're sure of an incoming who is going to improve on those players in this team.

Let’s assume pullis doesn’t want Britt  (for arguments sake). We are due to buy another forward and Britt will get little to no game time.  Say the only team to offer a decent amount is say forest or Swansea  and they offer 12 million.    Do we take 12 million from a rival or leave a 12 million pound asset on the bench all season

You've literally come up with a scenario I already agreed with.

It was more about selling to a rival than buying anyone

What happens if we sell to a team that aren't our rivals but they in turn sell their best player to a team that are our rival? Where do we stand on this?

Also who are our rivals and were Cardiff our rivals last summer?

I'm quite interested.

No one on here knows but I'd hazard a guess and say Pulis has someone in mind if he is indeed willing to sell one of the current strikers. But maybe he actually is satisfied with what he's got and isn't looking elsewhere.

Its honestly like some people don't watch any other football but Boro games. Mitrovic is a one that's mentioned on here tons, nobody watch any of his world cup games? the chances he flubbed, or his Fulham games for that matter. Playing in the top attacking team in the league only marginally bettered Bamford, he missed tons for Fulham as well and that's cherry picking the last 6 months because for the previous 2 years before he was utter tripe.

Just baffles me that people think there all all these 100% conversion rate strikers hanging around waiting to play in the championship. Bamford and Britt are as good as it gets at this level.

Bamford and Britt may be as good as it gets in the championship as a pair but neither is that good on their own and that’s the point. If pullis wants to play one forward he needs someone else.

What happens if we sell to a team that aren't our rivals but they in turn sell their best player to a team that are our rival? Where do we stand on this?

Also who are our rivals and were Cardiff our rivals last summer?

I’ve heard people say it is stupid and irresponsible to sell to a rival . But

If they are the ones offering the money isn’t it more stupid and irresponsible to leave £12,000,000 sat on the bench

And why is it every player we deem not good enough for us is going to be good enough to propel some other team to the promised land

I'm quite interested.

Who suggested we are gonna buy someone prolific or with a 100% conversion rate? Maybe Pulis might just go out and sign a striker that fits our system better.

I wonder whether some people are blinded by Britt's goalscoring and miss the obvious flaws in his game. If we sign a striker that scores 12 but creates 6 with knockdowns and layoffs maybe Pulis might be happier.

Britt scored 15 last season and assisted 0, whether you think he's as good as it gets at this level is up to you. By contrast Vydra scored 21 and assisted 4, Leon Clarke scored 19 and assisted 5.

I think Britt will score goals in the right team but I also think his inability to hold up the ball and his poor work rate means he won't fit in our system.

If that's the case why not replace him?

If we sell him or Bamford and start the season with Gestede then we'll all be furious but maybe we'll sell one of them to fund a striker that better suits the way we play.

There's a few players that I'll be genuinely gutted to leave, Britt wouldn't be one of them. If we could get anywhere near 10m I'd take the money and replace him without a second thought.

At the end of the day if a rival has £12m to spend on a striker does it really matter if they get one of our players or a striker of equal value from elsewhere? Also we don't know who our rivals will be yet, it could be at least half of the division. In terms of Britt, I'd only sell if we had a striker lined up that Pulis was keen on...

At the end of the day if a rival has £12m to spend on a striker does it really matter if they get one of our players or a striker of equal value from elsewhere? Also we don't know who our rivals will be yet, it could be at least half of the division. In terms of Britt, I'd only sell if we had a striker lined up that Pulis was keen on...

in an ideal world we will sell a player we don’t think is good enough for top dollar and to a team that stands no chance of promotion . Interviewing now

If we sell him or Bamford and start the season with Gestede then we'll all be furious

Speak for yourself Mr Negative.  I think that would be great  :D

Isn't it a bit early in the day to be drunk?!

If we sell him or Bamford and start the season with Gestede then we'll all be furious

Speak for yourself Mr Negative.  I think that would be great  :D

Isn't it a bit early in the day to be drunk?!

It's never too early for that  :omg:

I'm quite interested.

Bamford and Britt may be as good as it gets in the championship as a pair but neither is that good on their own and that’s the point. If pullis wants to play one forward he needs someone else.

I think it's the opposite, I've only ever seen bamford play well for us when he's been the lone striker. Put him and Britt up front in the same team and they will both make the same runs and get in each other's way.

The only way it would work is playing one of them with a striker who likes to drop deeper and leaves bamford/Britt to make the runs. Negredo, gaston, vossen type players.