oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Do we actually have any credible links atm? I've seen Bryan for 10m - I don't see us paying 10m for a left-back... and Chris Wood if Britt leaves - I don't see Britt leaving..

Seems like nothing much is going on.. waiting for sales?

Honestly I could see him using Bryan as a left winger. I did notice we played 3 at the back in the 2nd half the other night which I think is still a big possibility.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do we actually have any credible links atm? I've seen Bryan for 10m - I don't see us paying 10m for a left-back... and Chris Wood if Britt leaves - I don't see Britt leaving..

Honestly I could see him using Bryan as a left winger. I did notice we played 3 at the back in the 2nd half the other night which I think is still a big possibility.

3 at the back gives us more problems than we have now.

None of the CB's we have are great with the ball at their feet.

We don't have a lwb or a rwb currently.

Our 3 in midfield aren't likely to score enough.

What do we do with Traore? Run the risk he plays half decent at rwb or as one of the strikers? Sell him and we are back to 0 pace team with no creative outlet. 

We should be building the team around Traore in his best position since he is by far and away our most creative player, not shoehorning him somewhere else.

Just seems it creates more problems than it solves. Plus Pulis is a dinosaur and won't change the way he does things.

3 at the back gives us more problems than we have now.

None of the CB's we have are great with the ball at their feet.

We don't have a lwb or a rwb currently.

Our 3 in midfield aren't likely to score enough.

What do we do with Traore? Run the risk he plays half decent at rwb or as one of the strikers? Sell him and we are back to 0 pace team with no creative outlet. 

We should be building the team around Traore in his best position since he is by far and away our most creative player, not shoehorning him somewhere else.

Just seems it creates more problems than it solves. Plus Pulis is a dinosaur and won't change the way he does things.

How does it? You can still play with 3 forwards and traores role would still be exactly the same not sure why he'd have to be a rwb?

..............Randolph

...Ayala......Flint......Gibson

................McNair

Shotton....................Bryan

Traore.....forrestieri.....Watkins

.................bamford

Not saying that's how pulis would play it but just an example how it could work with good balance between attackers and defence.

Does anyone think Middlesbrough fans (In General, not individually) think the club is much better than it is. I think it's quite arrogant to suggest anyone is our rival at present, and more arrogant to suggest we will be promotion candidates. I've seen very little up to now to suggest we will be. We have signed two tall players and in the one preseason game thus far (I know it's only 1 but first impressions and all that) we played back to front quickly. A policy which pulis has proved he can make work when trying to avoid relegation but very rarely leads to great promotion pushes.

Someone previously said that at present gestede would be starting the season. The only way that isn't true is if we buy another big target man. I can barely see Britt getting a kick so get rid....pulis clearly doesn't fancy him. The downside is that it will free up the money for pulis to sign another beanpole

No, anything but.

Boro fans seem to put the club and chairman down any excuse they can.

Strange bunch, should be glad they don't support Sunderland as they would have something to moan about then.

Does anyone think Middlesbrough fans (In General, not individually) think the club is much better than it is. I think it's quite arrogant to suggest anyone is our rival at present, and more arrogant to suggest we will be promotion candidates. I've seen very little up to now to suggest we will be. We have signed two tall players and in the one preseason game thus far (I know it's only 1 but first impressions and all that) we played back to front quickly. A policy which pulis has proved he can make work when trying to avoid relegation but very rarely leads to great promotion pushes.

Someone previously said that at present gestede would be starting the season. The only way that isn't true is if we buy another big target man. I can barely see Britt getting a kick so get rid....pulis clearly doesn't fancy him. The downside is that it will free up the money for pulis to sign another beanpole

We know you don't like Pulis but I think you are taking your pessimism to the absolute extreme.

We finished 5th with Pulis last season in a higher position than we were in when he took over. 3 of the 4 teams that finished above us have gone up and the other one in Villa have massive off field problems.

I'm not saying he'll have us in the top two but I'm sure he'll have us in a similar position to last season, I think that's a worse case scenario.

I'm not sure there's lots of other teams to fear next season, I don't think all three relegated teams will bounce straight back up (it hardly ever happens), we might get a team like Leeds or Forest challenging if they sign a few decent players but as things stand I think we've got a better squad than the majority teams in the division.

I think people quite rightly have reservations about Pulis's style of football but I also think everyone needs to relax a bit. It's a great summer, the weather's fantastic and England are in a world cup semi final.

Things will start really happening with transfers at the end of this month and then we'll be in a better position to judge, I don't see the point of getting ourselves angry until then!

Linked with Sam Vokes in this mornings paper

He'd be a great fit. Pulis style striker with physical presence who knows where the back of the net is.

Mayaswell stick with Gestede if we want a big lad with a poo scoring record.

Linked with Sam Vokes in this mornings paper

He'd be a great fit. Pulis style striker with physical presence who knows where the back of the net is.

Mayaswell stick with Gestede if we want a big lad with a poo scoring record.

Except that Vokes managed a goal contribution every 163 mins play in the Prem last season - often as a sub - and every 158 mins in the Prem the season before. If you averaged that out over an entire season, it amounts to 25/26 goals contributed to over a 46 game period, and that's with his stats in a higher standard of league.

Bit of a step up from Gestede I'd say... He can actually control the ball on the ground with his back to goal for one.

weren't Burnley mentioned with Britt before he signed for us swap deal possibly ?

They were but I can't think of a less Burnley type player than Assombalonga after watching him last season.

For what it’s woeth I think the German training camp is allow some more new players to bed in. Obviously Pulis puts a lot of stall by building a team spirit. As only Flint and McNair were in Austria, another week away makes sense. So expect some transfers tomorrow and Tuesday.

every teams fans think their team is better than it is, because it is to them i guess.

its not arrogant at all to hope we are in the mix for promotion and guess our rivals. after all we ended up 5th last season and were basically useless, had a complete change in philosophy half way through and that basically made several new signings from the summer redundant. pulis was still stuck with a load of players he didnt like and managed to still improve on monk with monks players. shows you what a joke monk was i guess.

Before the Season starts I always think we're gonna be Champions,two weeks in and the wheels are off,BUT this season is going to be different right,

Exactly this.....only this season I have zero confidence that we will be anywhere near promotion.

At this moment we have a team that’s finished fifth and added two players. So why zero confidence

Because I'm not naive enough to think we will have that squad at the start of the season or that the players there suit the hoof ball stuff we will be playing. We are also massively unlikely to sign the "creative midfielders" that people say we are short of as they aren't really pulis players and don't suit hoof ball. We are likely to start with 9 or 10 6ft+ players and no one with any great technical ability.

I would be confident with this set of players if we had a progressive manager

You do seem a bit cheesed off there aren’t more share your pessimistic view ...come over to the light side...it’s so much more a happy place :)