oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Linked with Sam Vokes in this mornings paper

He'd be a great fit. Pulis style striker with physical presence who knows where the back of the net is.

Mayaswell stick with Gestede if we want a big lad with a poo scoring record.

Vokes is a huge step up from what we have now especially in the championship. So much so I really can’t see him coming

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He'd be a great fit. Pulis style striker with physical presence who knows where the back of the net is.

Vokes is a huge step up from what we have now especially in the championship.   So much so I really can’t see him coming

Bamford/Britt and Vokes have almost identical mins per goal in the championship records.

Difference being Vokes did it in 2 promotion winning teams with a manager playing to his strengths, Bamford did it playing half his games right wing, Britt did it playing for sh#t teams every year. 

Not sure where this "huge step up" is.

Vokes is a huge step up from what we have now especially in the championship.   So much so I really can’t see him coming

Bamford/Britt and Vokes have almost identical mins per goal in the championship records.

Difference being Vokes did it in 2 promotion winning teams with a manager playing to his strengths, Bamford did it playing half his games right wing, Britt did it playing for sh#t teams every year. 

Because he’s a much better player. Stats don’t tell you everything

Really don't want us using a large part of our budget on a striker!

If we can't create enough chances it doesn't matter who's up top, personally I'd be happy with Britt and Bamford fighting for that spot and spend whatever budget we have left on a LW and a playmaker

Because he’s a much better player. Stats don’t tell you everything

Disagree. I think vokes would fit a pulis team better but technically bamford is a better player than vokes imo

If we can't create enough chances it doesn't matter who's up top, personally I'd be happy with Britt and Bamford fighting for that spot and spend whatever budget we have left on a LW and a playmaker

But having a forward that holds up the ball and brings players into the game would create more chances

Think were going to get 12-13mil through the door soon for Braithwaite and Fletcher

Slightly off topic, but I would just like to take this moment to remind everyone KM once turned his nose up at a certain Harry Maguire in the Summer Transfer Thread. Never forget.

Slightly off topic, but I would just like to take this moment to remind everyone KM once turned his nose up at a certain Harry Maguire in the Summer Transfer Thread. Never forget.

I seem to remember him calling Maguire a donkey

But having a forward that holds up the ball and brings players into the game would create more chances

So would having more outlets than just Traore.

I reckon pace is more of a necessity than a target man to hold the ball up and we currently have 3 strikers but no real left winger or central playmaker.

Think were going to get 12-13mil through the door soon for Braithwaite and Fletcher

Have you heard who from?