oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Slightly off topic, but I would just like to take this moment to remind everyone KM once turned his nose up at a certain Harry Maguire in the Summer Transfer Thread. Never forget.

Who is KM ?

Some say KM is a pseudonym for "Karanka Manager", he broke exclusive transfer news to gain the forums trust.

He left the forum in a huff when we tried to sign Harry Maguire calling him "a big lump who doesn't even have a GCSE in Spanish"

Now the only reason he's back is to force through transfers of his old players to Nottingham Forest :(

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TONY PULIS thinks the transfer market is about to hot up and Middlesbrough could soon be looking to swap one striker for another.

The Boro boss is likely to be open to the idea of selling Britt Assombalonga if the right offer comes along and it has emerged he is keen on Burnley’s Sam Vokes.

The Clarets have attacking targets in mind this summer and Vokes had already fallen out of the starting line-up behind Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes.  

The 6ft 2ins front-man scored four goals in his 32 appearances last season to contribute to Burnley’s charge to a Europa League spot.

There is no shortage of clubs keen on him either, although if he accepts he might have to drop out of the Premier League then being part of Middlesbrough’s promotion charge would appeal.

Pulis has not brought in his own striker since taking over from Garry Monk and had to work with Assombalonga, Patrick Bamford and Rudy Gestede last season.

The potential for Assombalonga to leave his high, although the £15m price-tag has been enough to put second tier teams off so far.

Birmingham City, now managed by Monk, is interested in working with the former Nottingham Forest man again but they will not be looking to pay anywhere near that figure.

That will be the problem for the majority of teams in the Championship, with the exception of those relegated from the top-flight in May having sizeable budgets to still play with.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16340809.middlesbrough-consider-sam-vokes-move/

Slightly off topic, but I would just like to take this moment to remind everyone KM once turned his nose up at a certain Harry Maguire in the Summer Transfer Thread. Never forget.

Who is KM ?

He was the world's original scourer of all things internet based around potential Boro transfers. Be it twitter or the forums of the third division in Poland he would find a Boro link. He also stayed in a bush outside the hospital Boro players have their medicals up to 2 weeks prior to deadline day to get the exclusive.

Other people got wind of this and began stealing his exclusives. He was broken man and began criticising us being after players like McGuire. He went into the wilderness for months shortly after January 2017. Some say he was kidnapped others that he got married. He has recently made a return to the forum but we will never know if he will ever be the same.

A long story short he found lots of transfer rumours on the internet and wasn't happy about us potentially signing McGuire.

He is a bit of an enigma. Some say he lives on the internet. That he is the internet. He has only ever been caught once, when a security camera outside the medical center picked up some strange movement: https://media.giphy.com/media/JNKy9CJSsCmiY/giphy.gif

Who is KM ?

He was the world's original scourer of all things internet based around potential Boro transfers. Be it twitter or the forums of the third division in Poland he would find a Boro link. He also stayed in a bush outside the hospital Boro players have their medicals up to 2 weeks prior to deadline day to get the exclusive.

Other people got wind of this and began stealing his exclusives. He was broken man and began criticising us being after players like McGuire. He went into the wilderness for months shortly after January 2017. Some say he was kidnapped others that he got married. He has recently made a return to the forum but we will never know if he will ever be the same.

A long story short he found lots of transfer rumours on the internet and wasn't happy about us potentially signing McGuire.

Like ?

Southampton about to sign Vestergaard that’ll put them out of the Gibson chase.. if there even is one anymore. Only Everton still being linked and it looks like they want a bigger name.

Southampton about to sign Vestergaard that’ll put them out of the Gibson chase.. if there even is one anymore. Only Everton still being linked and it looks like they want a bigger name.

Yep, Vestergaard is having a medical later this week ahead of a 18 million pound move. That's a lot of money for him.

We have four or five centre backs yet we don’t progress firm proposals for Gibson, What is the sense in this when we need to strengthen other areas of the team and have done so for three years.

Actually i don't rate Gibson that much ... He has his defensive qualities, but he is dangerous, when he has the ball!

Unpopular opinion I guess, but just because he is the chairman's nephew, doesn't make him a world beater...

Actually i don't rate Gibson that much ... He has his defensive qualities, but he is dangerous, when he has the ball!

Unpopular opinion I guess, but just because he is the chairman's nephew, doesn't make him a world beater...

I'd argue the opposite, and id be very surprised if he didn't have the best statistics out of all our defenders regarding pass completion and dribbles completed.

Steps out of defence confidently from time to time and I don't remember him losing possession resulting in a goal personally where as I can for friend, shotton, ayala and fry, although he did give away a penalty or two that wasn't when in possession and it's his decision making when defending last season I'm more concerned with.

I'd argue the opposite, and id be very surprised if he didn't have the best statistics out of all our defenders regarding pass completion and dribbles completed.

Steps out of defence confidently from time to time and I don't remember him losing possession resulting in a goal personally where as I can for friend, shotton, ayala and fry, although he did give away a penalty or two that wasn't when in possession and it's his decision making when defending last season I'm more concerned with.

When Gibson starts Dribbling, my heart skips a beat or five... His determination when he trys it is goood, but he aint no Adama... ::D

He has OFTEN lost the ball in the middle of the field... Others must have noticed too? 

It might not have resulted in any goals against us, but it could have ..

This will be an unpopular opinion also. But I can see the value of playing Gibson at left-back in a Pulis-type system. That's not to say one bit that that's a preference of mine, at all. BUT if Pulis wants a back line and central-midfield trio that's built on being difficult to break down, with a strong target man who can bag a few and bring others in to play effectively (signings permitting), then it could work. Add to that Ayala and Flint can score goals, so if they advance for set-pieces then you have ample defensive cover with the two full-backs (who are effectively centre-backs) and some of the CMs (who I imagine Pulis would be reluctant to give license to go forward at cost of being overly exposed at the back).

I don't want us to play this style, I really don't. However, with Pulis in charge, we have to buy in to his tactics if we're going to have a chance. If we bring in a few more players who can fulfil these roles (CF, LW and maybe another CM), then a promotion campaign is a real possibility.

When Gibson starts Dribbling, my heart skips a beat or five... His determination when he trys it is goood, but he aint no Adama... ::D

He has OFTEN lost the ball in the middle of the field... Others must have noticed too? 

It might not have resulted in any goals against us, but it could have ..

He really hasn’t OFTEN lost the ball in the middle of park, that’s just not true.

As for referencing him being the chairman’s nephew (presumably saying he is overrated as a result of this), if anything it is the opposite of this. He’s had to fight to prove himself worthy and prove it’s not just nepotism.

But I like about Gibson, that he TRIES to carry the ball forward... It is often when our midfielders are incapable of doing so... That Gibson gets frustrated and goes forward losing the ball .. Cause he aint no dribbler...

When we had Besic, Gibson didn't do as much forward going in frustration .. That says actually very much of our midfielders going forward skills or lack of same

Gibson is proven in the Prem, called up by England and is arguably the best defender in this league. That is good enough for me regardless of who his uncle is. The only reason he is still here is because we can afford to hold out for a fee we think is suitable and Gibson has enough love for the club that he won't demand to be sold and start sulking. If all our players were as good in their position as Gibson is we wouldn't be in this league.