oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

BREAKING: Birmingham have been placed under a transfer embargo after breaching FFP rules during their spending spree last season when they signed 13 players! Birmingham will face further punishment if new signing Kristian Pedersen plays after the EFL declined to register him!

That's a blow for us trying to shift Johnson and Fletcher to Monk.

Ouch. Harry Redknapp does it again. Feel a bit sorry for their new signing who is left in a bit of a limbo. Just earlier today I read an article on the Birmingham Mail where Monk was really positive about how discussions were going with the chairman about signing new players. Could explain why they’ve listed high earners like Stockdale. Could we get Jota on the cheap then.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone think we could sell Ayala if Gibbo stays?? Can’t imagine Flint has been brought in as back up? Or could we let fry go out on loan perhaps?

Pulis seems to be a big fan of Ayala which is why I can't get my head round the Flint signing if Gibbo is staying.

Does anyone think we could sell Ayala if Gibbo stays?? Can’t imagine Flint has been brought in as back up? Or could we let fry go out on loan perhaps?

Pulis seems to be a big fan of Ayala which is why I can't get my head round the Flint signing if Gibbo is staying.

Potential of us playing without full-backs. Effectively 4 CBs (Shotton, Ayala, Flint, Gibson). Rumours have been doing the rounds. I can see it happening.

Selecting four from the five good quality options of Shotton, Ayala, Flint, Gibson and Friend will surely help keep them all happy as even the fifth choice will get a lot of game time with injuries and suspensions, especially considering Ayala is injury prone. Obviously we'll need a few extra lesser proven defenders to add the depth but the quality and likelihood of keeping them all them five happy would fill me with confidence.

The main issue is whether it's wise to keep Gibson at LB when we could potentially spend the £15 million (estimate) wiser in other areas of the squad.

Selecting four from the five good quality options of Shotton, Ayala, Flint, Gibson and Friend will surely help keep them all happy as even the fifth choice will get a lot of game time with injuries and suspensions, especially considering Ayala is injury prone. Obviously we'll need a few extra lesser proven defenders to add the depth but the quality and likelihood of keeping them all them five happy would fill me with confidence.

The main issue is whether it's wise to keep Gibson at LB when we could potentially spend the £15 million (estimate) wiser in other areas of the squad.

With Fry it's 6 options, which is just about right to offer cover and keep players happy. Judging by the fact that Fry was tested at 'right-back' in the friendly and of course CB, and that Friend has played CB at times in his career as well as of course LB, then we'd arguably have sufficient back-up for this type of system across the whole back 4. Just about, at a push.