oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

You've all spent the past few days getting angry at a hypothetical scenario which may not even happen... We've been linked with two left backs recently yet all I've seen on this forum is "Pulis is gonna play *random CB* as a fullback". Interesting stuff.

Last few months more like ;)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He could play the LB at lw

And the left winger at centre forward and the centre forward as the goal keeping coach and the goal keeping coach as the groundsman.

I just hope Dimi knows how to pull a pint.

The 2 left backs we've been linked too are both (according to their fans) better at left midfield/wing.

Both are as far away as a Pulis template for a fullback as you can get. Think people are quite rightly concerned with how we are planning to setup.

He only gets away with Shotten because Traore does everything in a attacking sense. We won't have the same luxury on the left so if he puts someone with 0 attacking nous like Gibbo at LB we'll arguably be worse than last as a attacking threat.

I must have missed something, but where did this notion of Gibbo playing at left back come from?

Pulis gave an interview where he said he'd like to try Gibson at left back with Friend at left midfield to try and create a better balanced side.

Yeah that was the interview where he said he wants at least 8 centre backs in the team at the start of the season.

I say don't criticise until you've given his methods a chance.

Excellent interview wasn't it?  :) ;)

I must have missed something, but where did this notion of Gibbo playing at left back come from?

Pulis gave an interview where he said he'd like to try Gibson at left back with Friend at left midfield to try and create a better balanced side.

Yeah that was the interview where he said he wants at least 8 centre backs in the team at the start of the season.

I say don't criticise until you've given his methods a chance.

Excellent interview wasn't it?  :) ;)

:)

The 2 left backs we've been linked too are both (according to their fans) better at left midfield/wing.

Both are as far away as a Pulis template for a fullback as you can get. Think people are quite rightly concerned with how we are planning to setup.

He only gets away with Shotten because Traore does everything in a attacking sense. We won't have the same luxury on the left so if he puts someone with 0 attacking nous like Gibbo at LB we'll arguably be worse than last as a attacking threat.

There's some massive revisionism going on over Shotton here. He's not the quickest, nor is he the kind of full back who bursts into the box, but the way some are going on, it's like he never crosses the halfway line.

At least at home, it was pretty common to see Shotton pushed right up in the final third when we were on the attack last season, and was a decent outlet for Traore. Even his crossing wasn't too bad.

I think some are altering things to fit the narrative of Pulis having 4 defenders who do nothing but defend, when I'd argue that his time at Boro so far hasn't really fit that bill at all.

There's some massive revisionism going on over Shotton here. He's not the quickest, nor is he the kind of full back who bursts into the box, but the way some are going on, it's like he never crosses the halfway line.

At least at home, it was pretty common to see Shotton pushed right up in the final third when we were on the attack last season, and was a decent outlet for Traore. Even his crossing wasn't too bad.

I think some are altering things to fit the narrative of Pulis having 4 defenders who do nothing but defend, when I'd argue that his time at Boro so far hasn't really fit that bill at all.

You've not put nearly enough hyperbole in this comment... Shotton and Friend are the worst fullbacks in the whole EFL, every time they receive the ball they turn back and sprint toward their own goal. Pulis and his ultra-negative tactics - that score more goals than under Monk, Karanka or Mowbray - will see us floundering at the bottom of the table by Christmas. The final straw for Pulis will be when he insists on replacing Neil Bausor with a Centre Back.

The guys right though, we get away with shotton because traore can do so much on his own. Imagine a less direct player on the left with that level of isolation.

If we manage to keep him another season I'll be gutted to see him once again left isolated with 3 men round him having to do it all himself. That would just be a waste.

One of the things that's supposed to be good about the championship for a club like us is we can open up a bit and not have to be so cautious.

4 cbs along the back line for a club like us at this level would just be annoying, unecessary and tbh laughable. Specially if we take the extra step and play an orthodox LB at lw just because they're a bit on the attacking side.

The guys right though, we get away with shotton because traore can do so much on his own.

If we manage to keep him another season I'll be gutted to see him once again left isolated with 3 men round him having to do it all himself.

One of the things that's supposed to be good about the championship for a club like us is we can open up a bit and not have to be so cautious.

4 cbs along the back line for a club like us at this level would just be annoying, unecessary and tbh laughable. Specially if we take the extra step and play an orthodox LB at lw just because they're a bit on the attacking side.

Who said we're gonna play a left back at left wing?!

Or is this another oneboro forum meltdown about a player we haven't signed, and who everyone has just assumed if he does sign will be played out of position?!