• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd still prefer a natural left sided attacking player otherwise I think we'll end up trying to make do.

if Traore continues to be switched at half time to stay closer to the dugout then having at least one wide player in their best position in each half makes sense. Hence finding someone who is best on the right but very good on the left is a better option.

I'd still prefer a natural left sided attacking player otherwise I think we'll end up trying to make do.

if Traore continues to be switched at half time to stay closer to the dugout then having at least one wide player in their best position in each half makes sense. Hence finding someone who is best on the right but very good on the left is a better option.

Yeah I know what you're saying but I'd quite like Traore to just play where he plays best if he's here.

To put it another way, how many times as he switched to the left hand side and looked better? I'm struggling to think of any at all, so it begs the question, what's the point exactly?

I suppose that depends how much management feel he's progressed positionally and with his decision making, he struggled to do that independently according to AK.

To put it another way, how many times as he switched to the left hand side and looked better? I'm struggling to think of any at all, so it begs the question, what's the point exactly?

Brentford away is the only time I can remember and he only moved over to the left as the move was happening before then going back to the right.

To put it another way, how many times as he switched to the left hand side and looked better?  I'm struggling to think of any at all, so it begs the question, what's the point exactly?

I suppose that depends how much management feel he's progressed positionally and with his decision making, he struggled to do that independently according to AK.

I get that but how many times has he actually played better?  Because if he isn't playing better then surely none of the rest of it matters?  The aim has to be to get the best performances out of the players, not the performances that suit the managers the most.  At times I'm not sure that they are one and the same unfortunately.

To put it another way, how many times as he switched to the left hand side and looked better?  I'm struggling to think of any at all, so it begs the question, what's the point exactly?

I get that but how many times has he actually played better?  Because if he isn't playing better then surely none of the rest of it matters?  The aim has to be to get the best performances out of the players, not the performances that suit the managers the most.  At times I'm not sure that they are one and the same unfortunately.

yeah I don't recall him ever playing exceptionally well from the left or even exceeding the level he played from the right in any game, maybe it's just done to tire out the full back on the opposite side so George Friend has a chance of detaching his caravan and getting past him.

We shouldn't even be considering moving Traore in my opinion. If he stays here, play him on the right and sign someone to provide a good threat from the left. If Phillips can do that then great, not really concerned about which foot he uses so long as he gives us an option to go wide on either side.

Just what I was told tonight whilst watching the game... club hopeful of 1 in before Germany and poss 2 out. Don’t know how legit it is or if they were winding me up

Aren’t they leaving for Germany tomorrow?