oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

It's not really early days though is it? It's 2 weeks till the season starts and unless there's a major change, we could be looking at an attack of downing, gestede and an out of position bamford. That's not even good enough for top half never mind anything else!

That’s what got us into fifth last season .in fact it didn’t as gestede was out for ages

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not really early days though is it? It's 2 weeks till the season starts and unless there's a major change, we could be looking at an attack of downing, gestede and an out of position bamford. That's not even good enough for top half never mind anything else!

If we sold a player we'd replace them with someone so if Traore went another attacking player or two would come in.

Yes but most managers don't throw new players into a team for a competitive game when they've just joined, he'll want to bed them in.

So we might not be in the top 10 after one game, is that the point you were making?

I'd be okay with that, to be honest.

Its not really a typical window though, the world cup has just finished less than a week ago and that's bound to have a knock on effect on everything else.

I understand there is a need to get things done as early as possible but everyone else is in the same boat, I don't think many other championship have their business done and dusted yet.

Some of the messages on here... let's get a grip!

No-one has done much business yet because of the World Cup - it's not just Boro.

In fact we got a great head start on the window with two great deals early doors.

The club will be working hard on incomings and outgoings and we'll be the last to hear about it (which is a good thing).

Have some faith and let's be positive.

UTB.

If we sold a player we'd replace them with someone so if Traore went another attacking player or two would come in.

Yes but most managers don't throw new players into a team for a competitive game when they've just joined, he'll want to bed them in.

So we might not be in the top 10 after one game, is that the point you were making?

I'd be okay with that, to be honest.

It's difficult to recover from a bad start. Anyway, my main concern is that I don't trust pulis to use the money from any traore sale to improve us. I don't think the market is there to get a couple of bargain wingers, I feel well end up buying one winger for most of the fee and he won't be as good as adama.

That's my feeling, but let's wait and see. It won't be long till we know.

Aston Villa were winless in their first 7 and Fulham were in the bottom half at Christmas, always time to catch up if we start poorly.

Exactly!  They were both behind us when Pulis took over and look what they achieved.  They easily finished above us!  :fist:

Possibly mate but I think with it being the beginning of the season he'll have them in pretty quickly as long as he's confident that they are match fit and ready to go.

Aston Villa were winless in their first 7 and Fulham were in the bottom half at Christmas, always time to catch up if we start poorly.

Exactly!  They were both behind us when Pulis took over and look what they achieved.  They easily finished above us!  :fist:

Haha

CT keep posting im enjoying it, deep down we all know we don't want Pulis.

It isn't DEEP DOWN though is it?  I'm not the only person who openly wants rid of Pulis because I can't stand his brand of anti-football.

That’s what got us into fifth last season .in fact it didn’t as gestede was out for ages

What got us into 5th? Injuries to people like Gestede, which forced Pulis to play Bamford in his best position, up front, where he scored the goals required to get us into the play-off places.  If Gestede had not got injured we would have finished well outside.  Probably.

I feel that there is enough evidence in pulis's history, the second half of last season, our signings so far, the amount of time left in the window, our preseason performances and the rumours of sales for it to be perfectly reasonable to be concerned. Yes things may change for the better, but my confidence is low in that turning out to be the case. No one is going crazy or overreacting in my opinion, there is justification for concern.

I saw a post on FMTTM saying that Traore's agent was there after the game last night, don't know how true it is... would explain why Bausor was there. Hopefully we have a smiling Traore signing a new contract at the end of today? (optimism)