oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Everything is black and white to you

I think I’ve answered that neither are good for us.  

Who looks best with the ball at their feet in the box...bamford  who looks best when the ball is hit to their head. ..gestede

Again that's not the question I asked.  The question I asked was really simple - did we look better with Gestede up front or Bamford?  That's it, that's all I want you to answer.

someone stop putting 50p in him please.. jesus, and to answer your question its neither, we looked better with britt. end.

LOL

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reckon we'll sign a replacement for Paddy, or do you think TP will put his faith in Britt and Rudy. I don't think our forwards are the problem, it's the lack of creativity and supply behind. I'd rather he spend the money on a creative midfielder and/or a LW.

Who thinks they are out of position. The player the manager or the fans

Probably everyone including the manager unless you actually believe Pulis sees Bamford as a natural fit for that position, in which case you'd have to question his judgement on anything football related.

You’d have to question almost all he’s previous managers and coaches judgement too because they seem to think bamfords best position is out wide too

Absolutely. Question them. Because I've watched the kid play....lots. He is a bloody good forward, and a fairly poor winger.

Seriously are we questioning his best position to make ourselves feel happy about him leaving. He's a striker. He's our best striker. Our manager is clueless. Our transfer team is diabolical. Our club is going backwards. And people are still happy to blindly follow and "keep the faith". "Believe". Give us something to sodding believe in because I have no faith at all. In the manager. In the playing style. In the tactics. And I'm starting to lose faith in Gibson. His appointments. His direction. And even his commitment.

Btw this isn't bed wetting. This has been building for a long time. Since promotion we have earned nearly 200 million pounds in tv money alone. Our net spend over this time is around 40 million. If we have spent the rest on wages (above what we would have been spending if we hadn't been promoted) then someone very high up needs sacking instantly.

If Gibson wanted to take some of his owed money back out then that's fine, but he should have just said. We as fans would have understood. However, to come out with lines like 'smash the league' while having a negative net spend and reducing wages with incoming (players on champo wages with clauses for pay rises if promoted) just doesn't sit right with me.

I get the blind followers and pulis-ites will hurl abuse my way now, but surely people can see this playing out

Rich, I know you're very into the whole 'footballers can play anywhere' mentality. But there's absolutely no doubt in my mind when it comes to Bamford. He did okay on the right under Karanka as essentially the Stuani kind of player but the difference with him playing up front is extremely telling. He's played his best football for us as a striker, it's not even close to what he's delivered from anywhere else on the pitch. Because he just is a striker and nothing else.

We don't know the specifics of it but a conversation was had, Bamford says he wants to play up front and clearly Pulis has told him that's not going to happen. Despite being the best striker Pulis had last season. I'm very much behind Pulis but this is absolutely a scenario where he's just not correct about the player and I have to side with the player as a result. What more can Paddy do to show Pulis he's supposed to play up front? He just banged in the goals playing up there for him proving a lot of us wrong that he could even do that for this manager. He has clearly seen that slipping away from him for what must be the 100th time for him since he left us after his loan spell here.

If I was him, I'd be pretty bloody peeved too and can't understand anyone questioning his mentality as a player because he's not happy at being played where his career is going to once again fade away. Proof shows he's better there and he knows that and he will fight for that. Good on him.

Reckon we'll sign a replacement for Paddy, or do you think TP will put his faith in Britt and Rudy. I don't think our forwards are the problem, it's the lack of creativity and supply behind. I'd rather he spend the money on a creative midfielder and/or a LW.

I think if we get rid of Braithwaite as well, we'll sign a striker. Pulis himself has said we need wide players (I'm pretty sure) so I think that will happen either way.

I really hope something happens this week in terms of signing some creativity. Like someone said, Britt and gestede to a degree can score goals. Cannot believe season starts next week. Wonder if woodgate is doing that game as well eh... Lol

Who looks best with the ball at their feet in the box...bamford  who looks best when the ball is hit to their head. ..gestede

Again that's not the question I asked.  The question I asked was really simple - did we look better with Gestede up front or Bamford?  That's it, that's all I want you to answer.

someone stop putting 50p in him please.. jesus, and to answer your question its neither, we looked better with britt. end.

Is it too complicated for you to understand?  I feel like I must be speaking in a foreign language because what seems like the sort of question an 8 year old could answer is proving so difficult for some people.

End  :D

Is it too complicated for you to understand?  I feel like I must be speaking in a foreign language because what seems like the sort of question an 8 year old could answer is proving so difficult for some people.

End  :D

Que?

Probably everyone including the manager unless you actually believe Pulis sees Bamford as a natural fit for that position, in which case you'd have to question his judgement on anything football related.

You’d have to question almost all he’s previous managers and coaches judgement too because they seem to think bamfords best position is out wide too

Absolutely. Question them. Because I've watched the kid play....lots. He is a bloody good forward, and a fairly poor winger.

Seriously are we questioning his best position to make ourselves feel happy about him leaving. He's a striker. He's our best striker. Our manager is clueless. Our transfer team is diabolical. Our club is going backwards. And people are still happy to blindly follow and "keep the faith". "Believe". Give us something to sodding believe in because I have no faith at all. In the manager. In the playing style. In the tactics. And I'm starting to lose faith in Gibson. His appointments. His direction. And even his commitment.

Btw this isn't bed wetting. This has been building for a long time. Since promotion we have earned nearly 200 million pounds in tv money alone. Our net spend over this time is around 40 million. If we have spent the rest on wages (above what we would have been spending if we hadn't been promoted) then someone very high up needs sacking instantly.

If Gibson wanted to take some of his owed money back out then that's fine, but he should have just said. We as fans would have understood. However, to come out with lines like 'smash the league' while having a negative net spend and reducing wages with incoming (players on champo wages with clauses for pay rises if promoted) just doesn't sit right with me.

I get the blind followers and pulis-ites will hurl abuse my way now, but surely people can see this playing out

I really hate to say it but this nails how I feel!

Is Britt allowed to come and play in this game

Anyone is but I'm asking you a really simple question - last season, did we look better with Gestede up front or Bamford?  I'm not asking who the best striker is at the club, I'm just asking who you thought made us look like the better team when they had their turn up front, Gestede or Bamford?

Why are you asking. What do you think you will gain from the answer

I really hate to say it but this nails how I feel!

Yep, me too more or less

Like who?  Hardly any of them played him did they?  The most time he's spent playing has always been up front whether it was for MK Dons or for us under Karanka, where despite lots of weird stuff that gets posted, he was usually up front.

Is Britt allowed to come and play in this game

Anyone is but I'm asking you a really simple question - last season, did we look better with Gestede up front or Bamford?  I'm not asking who the best striker is at the club, I'm just asking who you thought made us look like the better team when they had their turn up front, Gestede or Bamford?

Why are you asking. What do you think you will gain from the answer

Well hopefully I'll gain an answer from you to the actual question I asked  :)