oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

How can we pay 7m for Fletcher, 15 for Assombalonga and sell Bamford for 7 rising to 10 to a direct rival.

And if rumours are to be believed we will be spending that £7m on an SPL flop who Ipswich bought for £200k last Summer :(

That SPL 'flop' contributed to 29 goals in the same League as Bamford. 17 more than Bamford did last season.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK Bamford's supposed wages that are now freed up makes it slightly easier to swallow, he might not be premier league standard but best quality forward we had at the club.

No genuine fan on here can honestly say they aren't event remotely worried about whats about to come from this season. I find it stunning we haven't addressed our obviously weak left side, Downing and Friend there last season got overrun so much it was laughable.

Anyone that needs a reminder about our ineptitude last season please re-watch the Villa playoff games.

How can we pay 7m for Fletcher, 15 for Assombalonga and sell Bamford for 7 rising to 10 to a direct rival.

And if rumours are to be believed we will be spending that £7m on an SPL flop who Ipswich bought for £200k last Summer :(

That SPL 'flop' contributed to 29 goals in the same League as Bamford. 17 more than Bamford did last season.

He had a good season, sure. His only good season at the age of 28 despite playing in poor leagues.... Lots of players have had a good one off year.  Gestede scored a bucketload one year. 

For what its worth I can stomach Bamford leaving - just think Waghorn is a short sighted replacement. Put the money in the pot for the left winger we have desperately needed for 2 years.

Will be interesting to see if Pulis achieves his 18 man squad plan. With youth on the fringes. Personally, I like it. Saves wages and positive for morale. Also good for youngsters to have a genuine route into the team, but only good if they earn it of course. There are a few in there that I'd quite like to have bit-part roles this season.

OK Bamford's supposed wages that are now freed up makes it slightly easier to swallow, he might not be premier league standard but best quality forward we had at the club.

No genuine fan on here can honestly say they aren't event remotely worried about whats about to come from this season. I find it stunning we haven't addressed our obviously weak left side, Downing and Friend there last season got overrun so much it was laughable.

Anyone that needs a reminder about our ineptitude last season please re-watch the Villa playoff games.

Bit of a stinker having that username

I'm not awfully worried as I am certain Pulis will get it right. We need to improve in certain areas but I'm also sure Pulis knows that and will address them one way or another. The loan window is still a month long so plenty of time.

Bit of a stinker having that username

I know right. I'll keep it, fond memories of the playoff final season. Good player, be interesting when we play Leeds the end of August.

Sell Bamford Sign Waghorn - this is the beautiful game

Waghorn contributed to 29 goals last season, Bamford 12.

I know who I'd rather have.

Still a massive ***house tho isn’t he

I'd take a ***house that contributed 29 over a pretty boy that contributed 12. I'll let Pulis decide if he's a ***house not my job.

Good night sweet prince :crying:

It's ok I'm still here  :heart:  ;)

I think it's good that it's actually been completed and we can move on now with our own business.  Bamford was on his way the minute Pulis was given the job, that's just how it is but we can now look to strengthen other areas of the squad that need improvement and that is a good thing really.

I'm not awfully worried as I am certain Pulis will get it right. We need to improve in certain areas but I'm also sure Pulis knows that and will address them one way or another. The loan window is still a month long so plenty of time.

Guess we'll see, lets hope all this talk of us biding our team whilst transfer fees drop is correct. Don't have the most faith in our recruitment team after recent acquisitions.

I'd take a ***house that contributed 29 over a pretty boy that contributed 12. I'll let Pulis decide if he's a ***house not my job.

There’s no ambiguity about it, he’s a ***house. If he produces similar stats to last season at least he’ll be a decent ***house.

Mate that is one season in 10. Go back and start quoting his Rangers stats to us.