oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Anyone heard that Bordeaux have offered us 5mil for Braithwaite? Lad on twitter posted it... not sure if he gets info though he new the exact style of our kit a month before it was released...

After they received £36.5m for Malcom? Tell them to jog on...

Indeed... though I reckon we would accept that kind of fee with add-ons.

To be fair we're in no rush to sell as their window closes at the usual time, they're probably not in a rush to buy either as he wont take long bedding in, being on loan there last season...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone heard that Bordeaux have offered us 5mil for Braithwaite? Lad on twitter posted it... not sure if he gets info though he new the exact style of our kit a month before it was released...

So if we leave it a month he will go somewhere else for £2.50 :P

So if we leave it a month he will go somewhere else for £2.50  :P

That's less than a pack of fags ...

Everton have made a move for Stoke City midfielder Badou N'Diaye which would mean Mo Besic finds himself further down the pecking order. Hopefully we can get that one done.

This transfer window is ***ing *** like. Boro have really ***ed me off.

After they received £36.5m for Malcom? Tell them to jog on...

Indeed... though I reckon we would accept that kind of fee with add-ons.

To be fair we're in no rush to sell as their window closes at the usual time, they're probably not in a rush to buy either as he wont take long bedding in, being on loan there last season...

I mean, we are kind of in a rush to sell if we want to use that money to bring in a permanent signing. I guess not so much if we are planning as I suspect to also operate within the loan (and as an extension, loan-to-buy) market.

I know he didn't have an amazing World Cup or anything but I'm surprised there's not more interest in Braithwaite, he's a good player. I can only assume we're really, really not keen on making a loss which I guess would put a lot of clubs off.

I reckon we’ll get besic eventually, most agreed he wasn’t worth what Everton wanted so don’t see the issue with us not paying it, probably get him for £6-8m rather than £12-15m they apparently asked for.

I reckon we’ll get besic eventually, most agreed he wasn’t worth what Everton wanted so don’t see the issue with us not paying it, probably get him for £6-8m rather than £12-15m they apparently asked for.

I wonder whether part of the reason why we've been so quiet is in the transfer window is down to brinkmanship. We've been quoted all these daft prices for the likes of Besic, Phillips and Joe Bryan. Maybe we're waiting for their prices to come down the closer we get to the Deadline. Tony Pulis has a record of doing transfer business at the latter end of the window so could be a possibility, If so, it could be a busy week for us!

I wonder whether part of the reason why we've been so quiet is in the transfer window is down to brinkmanship. We've been quoted all these daft prices for the likes of Besic, Phillips and Joe Bryan. Maybe we're waiting for their prices to come down the closer we get to the Deadline. Tony Pulis has a record of doing transfer business at the latter end of the window so could be a possibility, If so, it could be a busy week for us!

He's on record saying you get the best deals at the end of the window, so we might have a busy 9th & RAF has said we're sweating on the price of 2 targets

Nixon just said Bolton trying for Garner from Ipswich. Can’t see them letting Garner AND Waghorn go.

Is this the same Nixon who said Leeds didnt want Bamford?

Yes. It’s the same Nixon that couldn’t see Bamford going to Leeds for the 16m quoted to Forrest

The same Nixon that a week ago said Wolves were paying the £18m up front for Traore and it was as good as done?

In fairness he wasn’t the only one to report that they were about to stump up the 18m, sky we’re doing that as well. As people say on here all the time... things change.

Are we not allowed to put press rumours on here now? Pretty sure they’re rumours for a reason.

I'm all for rumours, i just think some people take him in particular as gospel

The Wolves journalist has said they haven't gone back in for Traore and are looking at other options.

Hopefully they move onto someone else and he stays. As has been said, that may well be why the Bamford move sped up.

If they genuinely only value him at £12m then I think it’s good news for us. Wolves had first hand experience last year of just how devastating Traore can be, I doubt another team would value him higher than them. (Unless of course they’re desperate for a winger unlike Wolves)

I've had a look back at some of Bristol City's and QPR's games last season and their team line-ups.

Joe Bryan mainly played left back last season, but interestingly he played a few games at right back too. Could he be our replacement for Fabio? (If we do buy him, I have a sneaky feeling he'll be seen as a full-back) He can also play on the left wing too, so we have that added versatility.

Luke Freeman almost exclusively played centrally last season for QPR. I'd like us to bring him in to play in midfield. He certainly has the attributes to be our creative midfielder.

Do we actually need Besic? Seems our cm is already bloated unless we can get rid of couple. I'd be for it if we got rid of leadboots and moved the likes of De Sart on loan but at the moment there is far more pressing matters.

I'd put LW and both FB positions way ahead of another midfielder.

Out of all the positions on the pitch, centre-back and centre-mid are looking fine. If we were so desperate to sell Bamford to bring some financial freedom, the last player out of those mentioned I'd be looking at is Besic. Too many other problem positions right now.