oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Hugill in would probably mean Assombalonga out. Yet more dynamic gone from the team...

That's not to say I don't rate Hugill - I absolutely do. But I'd want him to replace Gestede as oppose to The Ass.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd 100% throw Chapman in against Millwall. Anyone we sign now won't go into Saturdays squad. Otherwise we are looking at what? Downing and Fletcher behind Britt...... exciting.

Why?

Out of all the positions on the pitch, centre-back and centre-mid are looking fine. If we were so desperate to sell Bamford to bring some financial freedom, the last player out of those mentioned I'd be looking at is Besic. Too many other problem positions right now.

This

Hugill in would probably mean Assombalonga out. Yet more dynamic gone from the team...

That's not to say I don't rate Hugill - I absolutely do. But I'd want him to replace Gestede as oppose to The Ass.

And this

I'm still not remotely convinced he's our anything, to be honest. Waiting on something a bit more credible.

He is all over the EG and some of the articles like the one just mentioned speak of him like it's a done deal. I hope it isn't but i think there is enough in between the lines to suggest it's close.

Would like to see us taking advantage of the Loan to buy that other teams are doing... a £2m loan fee for Besic and then an obligation to buy £6-8m if we get promoted.

Works out for everyone, Besic spends a maximum of a year in the Championship, we don't have to pay a lot upfront and would be able to afford it anyway if we get promoted. Everton get a loan fee and wages off their books for an unwanted player.

As people have said, the Gazette doesn't know anywhere near as much as it used to because of the current situation between the two parties. And there are people on here who have said it's rubbish. Seems to be as many saying it isn't on as it is so I'm not convinced either way.

Agree about midfield not being the most urgent area to be addressed. Assuming we don't lose traore, the order of priority should be -

Left wing

right back

Left back

Centre midfielder

Striker

I really don't see us signing 5 more players though.

Agree about midfield not being the most urgent area to be addressed. Assuming we don't lose traore, the order of priority should be -

Left wing

right back

Left back

Centre midfielder

Striker

I really don't see us signing 5 more players though.

Agree with that. And the midfielder need to be a bit creative or at least forward thinking. Unless Pulis thinks Wing is ready. After all he did play League 1 last season.