• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like Waghorn isn't as far down the line as we've been led to believe. Sheff Utd are apparently still very much in the running.

Boro and Cardiff chasing Alfred N'Diaye according to Pete O'Rourke who's normally very reliable. Another defensive midfielder though...

Alternative to besic maybe?

Being linked with Waghorn and Hugill not sure if we’d want both or would play both but if we did you wouldn’t want to be a defender playing against those two. You wouldn’t get a seconds peace

Being linked with Waghorn and Hugill not sure if we’d want both or would play both but if we did you wouldn’t want to be a defender playing against those two. You wouldn’t get a seconds peace

Probably means we'll be losing another striker or two.

Imagine a Championship club losing Patrick Bamford and Britt Assombalonga in the same window. If that happens and we end up losing Traore too; this place is going to get nasty.

Friend is a good fullback, he’ll be first choice this season, Johnson can cover if Friend gets injured, why waste out limited resources on another left back?

Shotton is Pulis’ preferred right back, he was the first manager to see Shotton’s potential and use him at right back, he’s also got a hell of a throw on him. He’ll be first choice RB this season. The fact the McNair and Fry have both had run outs at right back tells me They are in the frame.

We have to sell before we buy, if we don’t sell, I’d be ok with our defence as it is it’s a winger and a striker

That we are short of in my opinion.

George Friend is not a good full-back and hasn’t been for years. He simply doesn’t have the legs anymore and his postionial sense seems to have worsened over the past two years. For me and probably the large majority of our fans, left-back is a priority just as much as another winger.

Nothing wrong with George’s legs, he’s still only 30, that may seem old to some, but believe me it really isn’t.

It just isn’t a priority when we are so strapped for cash.

Not sure what meant by legs have gone. I’d say friend is one of our fittest players

Probably have phrased that wrong but what I mean is once he has done his trademark nutmeg and lost the ball or hit the first man, he looks like he’s towing a caravan on his way back down the pitch. His lung busting runs of the past don’t exist anymore.

Wouldn't worry about him going forward. First thing in his mind now is "where's the big guy up front, can I boot it far enough to reach him". Not a GO at pulis, just an accurate description of how things will be

Probably means we'll be losing another striker or two.

Imagine a Championship club losing Patrick Bamford and Britt Assombalonga in the same window. If that happens and we end up losing Traore too; this place is going to get nasty.

Depends if he sees Waghorn as a winger or a striker and i guess what happens to Braithwaite and Fletcher

George Friend is not a good full-back and hasn’t been for years. He simply doesn’t have the legs anymore and his postionial sense seems to have worsened over the past two years. For me and probably the large majority of our fans, left-back is a priority just as much as another winger.

Nothing wrong with George’s legs, he’s still only 30, that may seem old to some, but believe me it really isn’t.

Not sure what meant by legs have gone. I’d say friend is one of our fittest players

Probably have phrased that wrong but what I mean is once he has done his trademark nutmeg and lost the ball or hit the first man, he looks like he’s towing a caravan on his way back down the pitch. His lung busting runs of the past don’t exist anymore.

Wouldn't worry about him going forward. First thing in his mind now is "where's the big guy up front, can I boot it far enough to reach him". Not a GO at pulis, just an accurate description of how things will be

Based on?....

Not sure what meant by legs have gone.  I’d say friend is one of our fittest players

Love how you have to try and justify it is not a dig at Pulis :funny:

Depends if he sees Waghorn as a winger or a striker and i guess what happens to Braithwaite and Fletcher

Pulis has said some players need to be playing, Fletcher is one of them, so maybe a loan once the window closes and we know what we have.

Based on?....

Back end of last season. Friend played more route 1 balls last season than he has in the whole of the rest of his time at Boro.

Wasn't it Raf or someone a week or 2 back suggested we had some massive signing in the pipeline that would break our transfer record?

Unless its coming from left field we haven't really been linked with anyone like that, unless of course we are going to get a mugging with the price for someone like Vokes.

Wasn't it Raf or someone a week or 2 back suggested we had some massive signing in the pipeline that would break our transfer record?

I think that was just a twitter rumour wasn't it?