oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I suspect that we won't be seeing any full backs coming in. As soon as Pulis arrived he showed Christie the door and tried the same with Fabio. Given Pulis' history with playing centre backs there, and Fry, Gibson, and McNair getting some game time there in pre-season it looks likely that he's going down that route again. I reckon if Bryan came in it would be to play further forward on the left, which wouldn't be a bad thing as he's probably more adept going forward.

Christie lost he’s place to shotton and didn’t want to fight to get it back so asked the club to listen to offers for him same as braithwaite did.

Fabio had been asking since last summer for a move and only got a contact extension so we could get a fee for him.

Pulis played shotton at RB to help Adam out defensively. Christie couldn’t cover he’s own defensive duties never mind help Adam out.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't it Raf or someone a week or 2 back suggested we had some massive signing in the pipeline that would break our transfer record?

I think that was just a twitter rumour wasn't it?

Possibly, guess I'm just looking for any glimmer of hope in this sh#tfest of a transfer window.

Wasn't it Raf or someone a week or 2 back suggested we had some massive signing in the pipeline that would break our transfer record?

I think that was just a twitter rumour wasn't it?

When Traore was apparently gone he said let things play out and we will be very happy....

wasnt me sorry.

2 transfers have progressed today might be some announcement soon on 2 players still a hell of a lot going on.

Positions? 

Would they be a surprise or the names cropping up?

With the Adama thing and Wolves supposedly looking at other options wouldn't be surprised if that's a move by Wolves to get things rolling again on the Adama Traore thing. He's apparently their top target so they are not going to give up without a fight. As someone else has mentioned above that could go down to Deadline Day!

Middlesbrough are looking to finalise a deal for Martyn Waghorn this week, before turning their attention to a new target man – which could be Teessider Jordan Hugill.

Having allowed Patrick Bamford to leave the club, Boro are confident of sealing a deal for Ipswich man Waghorn – who is looking likely to return to the North East having started his career with Sunderland.

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

The South Shields-born 28-year-old is set to cost around £7million – and his ability to play on either wing, as well as up-front, is believed to be a huge attraction for Boro.

Pulis is still also wanting a new out and out centre forward, and Burnley’s Sam Vokes was his top target, but now TEAMTalk can reveal that West Ham’s Jordan Hugill could be set for a move to his hometown club.

Boro’s recruitment team have identified Hugill as the best option after Vokes, who Burnley are not keen on allowing to leave at this point in time.

Boro fan Hugill joined The Hammers in January from Preston for £10million, but looks surplus to requirements

The N’Diaye link is a strange one. Not sure if he’s what we need and seems to be more of a defensive midfielder if I remember correctly. Had a great loan spell at Sunderland a few years back as well, just don’t see where he would fit.

wasnt me sorry.

2 transfers have progressed today might be some announcement soon on 2 players still a hell of a lot going on.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense but is this: 

2 players we're trying to sign have progressed and might be announced soon, or 

2 players we're trying to sign have progressed, and there might be an announcement on 2 of our current players soon?

If we sign Waghorn and Hugill I will be very underwhelmed. Still no specialized LW and another targetman up front. I appreciate that Waghorn had a very good season last year and we are still in the Championship but not quite the winger I was hoping for.

The N’Diaye link is a strange one. Not sure if he’s what we need and seems to be more of a defensive midfielder if I remember correctly. Had a great loan spell at Sunderland a few years back as well, just don’t see where he would fit.

He's better than Clayton. I think that's the long and short of it.

His legs deffo haven’t gone. I’m usually amazed he can bomb up and down so much. He’s just not technically very good.

Perfect example being when he broke into the box against Villa and managed to turn a goal-scoring chance into a yellow card.

I take people's point that we have bigger issues than George, and maybe he played okay in the Villa game and I'm being harsh there... but still don't think he has had a great run of games since the promotion year and isn't a top 2 player. Shotton is just horrible with the ball at his feet... would rather him replaced than George. Get Adama to take the long throws, with those arms he could probably throw the ball to Newcastle.