• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found it interesting that McGinley, Mahmutovic, Liddle and Walker didn't get squad numbers. But a few others, including Wood, did. Wondering if any of those will be part of the official 25 once we offload a few (Braithwaite, Johnson, De Sart and Fletcher in particular spring to mind as most likely departures).

Out of interest, did Liddle and Walker get much game time during pre-season? I know most of the other youngsters in the squad/above did, but can't remember seeing much involvement for those 2?

Found it interesting that McGinley, Mahmutovic, Liddle and Walker didn't get squad numbers. But a few others, including Wood, did. Wondering if any of those will be part of the official 25 once we offload a few (Braithwaite, Johnson, De Sart and Fletcher in particular spring to mind as most likely departures).

Out of interest, did Liddle and Walker get much game time during pre-season? I know most of the other youngsters in the squad/above did, but can't remember seeing much involvement for those 2?

Youth players don't need to be named in 25 man squad

Found it interesting that McGinley, Mahmutovic, Liddle and Walker didn't get squad numbers. But a few others, including Wood, did. Wondering if any of those will be part of the official 25 once we offload a few (Braithwaite,  Johnson, De Sart and Fletcher in particular spring to mind as most likely departures).

True. But my point was that it was interesting that of those that were named, those weren't a***st them. And also just fishing for a bit more info re Liddle and Walker.

Found it interesting that McGinley, Mahmutovic, Liddle and Walker didn't get squad numbers. But a few others, including Wood, did. Wondering if any of those will be part of the official 25 once we offload a few (Braithwaite,  Johnson, De Sart and Fletcher in particular spring to mind as most likely departures).

True. But my point was that it was interesting that of those that were named, those weren't a***st them. And also just fishing for a bit more info re Liddle and Walker.

Yes and Nathan Wood has had some speculation about him, with both Manchester clubs interested in him.

Was anyone at the Pulis talk tonight?

Found this set of tweets which makes for interesting reading but does anyone have any other info?

For those that don't open the link the key points from tonight it seems were:

"Paddy engineered the move. No one at the club asked him to go. Adama has been offered a new contract but hasn’t signed it yet. He likes a small squad to give youth a chance."

Was anyone at the Pulis talk tonight?

Found this set of tweets which makes for interesting reading but does anyone have any other info?

For those that don't open the link the key points from tonight it seems were:

"Paddy engineered the move. No one at the club asked him to go. Adama has been offered a new contract but hasn’t signed it yet. He likes a small squad to give youth a chance."

Heh that's me that asked for that rundown. 

Yeah, I'd like to know as much as possible for anyone that was there!

"The young lads can be in the squad this year he said.

No one asked about Ayala.

He also said when he first came to the club Traore was very down on confidence and barely spoke to his team mates and now he’s full of it and one of the most popular in the changing room. He said he did something similar at palace with Chamakh.

His management has been brilliant in regards to a Traore."

Direct quote from an FMTTM user who attended

Pulis said Adama's release clause is 18.5m according to someone on FMTTM

Interesting stuff. Absolutely baffled someone hasn't came and took him within a week of the window opening. Seems a no brainer for just about any prem club.

Interesting stuff. Absolutely baffled someone hasn't came and took him within a week of the window opening. Seems a no brainer for just about any prem club.

I think it's because it has to paid in full, not in instalments.  That's a massive amount of money to pay in one go.

It would usually be paid over 3/4 years so paying it all up front would be a massive chunk out of a club's budget

We are quite fortunate in that Pulis has made him progress and find consistency so quickly, he had 4 great months, we all know that, don't know how many scouts were out watching him the back end of the season but whenever there is an article online on sky sports bbc etc a lot of footballing fans are still of the belief that he is a complete headless chicken with zero end product.

Adama is a big commitment for any team you can't throw him on the pitch and let him do his thing just yet I don't think, it could all unravel again, if he's drilled for another full season he will start making the correct decisions instinctively and have a more complete game.