oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Hopefully Traore will sign a new contract with us and the release clause can be increased. If he continues to improve it will be win win for Boro

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man Utd moving away from Maguire as a target to mina from Barcelona (they guy Everton have been linked with). May mean everton move onto Gibson if man Utd get mina.

We could end up losing bamford, Gibson and adama. How depressing is That?

Not very considering Bamford wasn't first choice striker at the club and we were expecting the other two to leave anyway.

You’re confusing first choice with best/worst.

Bamford was easily the best striker we had on our books, whatever Pulis and other dinosaurs think. Gestede, Britt, Fletcher and Braithwaite won’t score anywhere near what he scores this season.

Why would he sign. Wait to see the offers coming in. If you decide to stay sign the contract later

Yeah I don't think it particularly says anything. He'll just want to keep his options open.

Bit more from FMTTM

"Very enjoyable night overall. Pulis kicked off the night by saying that he was asked whether he wanted any questions to be vetted, to which he replied no, he wants complete openness and honesty.

As has been said, Pulis basically made it sound like Bamford's head was turned by his agent. He said he'd get into trouble with the FA for saying it, but agents can approach players without the club even getting to know about it.

He kept highlighting the importance of having players here who want to be here, and said he'd done his research and noticed we've signed lots of players in the past who aren't from the area, and don't want to stay here long-term. He said he wants players with character who actually want to be here long-term. Also said he'd like players here who are from the North-East, which makes me think he was hinting towards Waghorn possibly signing.

On Braithwaite, he said he wants players who want to be here, and that Braithwaite chose to go out on loan last season. Seems as if he'll be on his way.

On Besic, he said he's one of the three players he'd like to bring here, which was great to hear.

Most of the questions put to him were good, however there was one bloke who said "I didn't want you here to start with, and I don't want you here now" which was a bit uncalled for in my opinion, and then went on to say that he felt dropping Britt for Bamford cost us promotion. Pulis put him right of course, by reminding him that he was playing Bamford on the left until Gestede got injured, and Bamford went on to score 10 goals in 21 appearances.

I thought Fleming and Woodgate also both spoke well. Woodgate is a massive fan of Nathan Wood, so much so that Fleming said Woodgate wants to adopt him"

"Is Pulis confident Traore will stay?"

"Wouldn’t say he was confident but he said that the club offered him a contract at the end of the season and now it’s upto Adama to make the decision if Wolves or whoever else meet the clause, he also said he has had conversations with him that if he stays this year and absolutely strolls the league week in week out he will have top 6 teams looking at him and basically won’t stand in his way at the end of next season, Looks 50 50 to me ."

"He said that Traore is our best player. Said that every club he's at he looks to play to the biggest strength, and he saw Traore as our biggest strength, hence why he literally would tell him to basicaly run down the wing and cross the ball. He also said that he told Shotton never to run past Traore, and to focus entirely on defending.

He spoke very highly of him but said if a club matches his release clause there's nothing we can do, and that he'd wish him all the best.

He also said when he first arrived he noticed Traore was very isolated from the group, and that he worked hard to try and integrate him into the group."

Man Utd moving away from Maguire as a target to mina from Barcelona (they guy Everton have been linked with). May mean everton move onto Gibson if man Utd get mina.

We could end up losing bamford, Gibson and adama. How depressing is That?

Not very considering Bamford wasn't first choice striker at the club and we were expecting the other two to leave anyway.

You’re confusing first choice with best/worst.

Bamford was easily the best striker we had on our books, whatever Pulis and other dinosaurs think. Gestede, Britt, Fletcher and Braithwaite won’t score anywhere near what he scores this season.

If Britt is first choice here like Paddy will be at Leeds, Britt will score more goals.

Most of the questions put to him were good, however there was one bloke who said "I didn't want you here to start with, and I don't want you here now" 

I thought Tudders had gone quiet on here for a bit.

He also said when he first arrived he noticed Traore was very isolated from the group, and that he worked hard to try and integrate him into the group."

Been saying this since January.

He kept highlighting the importance of having players here who want to be here, and said he'd done his research and noticed we've signed lots of players in the past who aren't from the area, and don't want to stay here long-term. He said he wants players with character who actually want to be here long-term. Also said he'd like players here who are from the North-East, which makes me think he was hinting towards Waghorn possibly signing.

So Waghorn and Hugill then?