oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Pretty much, I could get on board with Hugill to a extent although I don't think either are anywhere near a upgrade on Britt.

If hes signing Waghorn for the left then I just don't know what to say.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One or the other id have thought, for all Waghorn had a good season last year I'd personally prefer Hugill, marginally quicker and will have potential for at least breaking even if we chose to sell, no chance with Waghorn unless he bangs in 25 next season at his age.

Most of the questions put to him were good, however there was one bloke who said "I didn't want you here to start with, and I don't want you here now" 

I thought Tudders had gone quiet on here for a bit.

Hahaha. Not likely to get me in the same room as that fella. Though love the answer about only wanting players who want to be here given what someone (rafsmog possibly) said about him not wanting to be here after next season. A little hypocritical I'd say.

He kept highlighting the importance of having players here who want to be here, and said he'd done his research and noticed we've signed lots of players in the past who aren't from the area, and don't want to stay here long-term. He said he wants players with character who actually want to be here long-term. Also said he'd like players here who are from the North-East, which makes me think he was hinting towards Waghorn possibly signing.

So Waghorn and Hugill then?

Hopefully Raf can confirm or deny... 5mil bid for him rising to 7m if promoted was what I was just told but I personally can’t see Wham accepting it...

He kept highlighting the importance of having players here who want to be here, and said he'd done his research and noticed we've signed lots of players in the past who aren't from the area, and don't want to stay here long-term. He said he wants players with character who actually want to be here long-term. Also said he'd like players here who are from the North-East, which makes me think he was hinting towards Waghorn possibly signing.

Hopefully Raf can confirm or deny... 5mil bid for him rising to 7m if promoted was what I was just told but I personally can’t see Wham accepting it...

Maybe after the favour we did them with Fletcher they could just help us out with this one  :D

How much did they buy him for?

was apparently 8m but undisclosed.

Maybe after the favour we did them with Fletcher they could just help us out with this one  :D

West ham reportedly in for 4 Portuguese players. Suggests to me that players are on their way out. I'm not a hugill fan but id rather him than waghorn

was apparently 8m but undisclosed.

Well with all of the money they are splashing out they might be happy to get something back in for a player they presumably don't want.  I wonder why they signed him in the first place though.

To be fair I think we'd be doing them another favour. They think hes an absolute joke of a player from what I've read. Nowhere near prem standard.

To be fair I think we'd be doing them another favour. They think hes an absolute joke of a player from what I've read. Nowhere near prem standard.

He gave Gibbo and Ayala the run around last season when he was at Preston especially at the Riverside

He gave Gibbo and Ayala the run around last season when he was at Preston especially at the Riverside

To be fair we were bloody awful that day all across the park and Ayala didn't play.  That was the game we played a weird sort of three at the back I think with Friend alongside Gibson and Fry?  God knows what Monk was doing  :funny:

I notice Sam Byram still hasn't moved anywhere and is miles down the pecking order, not originally from up here but did spend a ton of time at Leeds if Pulis is only signing northern lads.

Would probably only happen if Traore left and we needed a fullback who could play football.