• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can be down with Hugill if he plays him with Britt in a 2.

Considering our lack of a 10 and Pulis probably not using one I think it would be the best for the team, Hugill and Britt if we played that way.

He gave Gibbo and Ayala the run around last season when he was at Preston especially at the Riverside

To be fair we were bloody awful that day all across the park and Ayala didn't play.  That was the game we played a weird sort of three at the back I think with Friend alongside Gibson and Fry?  God knows what Monk was doing  :funny:

I've seen this said a bunch of times but I'm pretty sure it was reported as a back 3 because Friend and Fabio were both playing. I remember watching the game and thinking entirely different though, looked more to me like a 4-4-2 with Fabio playing left-wing and Baker playing right-wing.

Most of the questions put to him were good, however there was one bloke who said "I didn't want you here to start with, and I don't want you here now" 

I thought Tudders had gone quiet on here for a bit.

Hahaha. Not likely to get me in the same room as that fella. Though love the answer about only wanting players who want to be here given what someone (rafsmog possibly) said about him not wanting to be here after next season. A little hypocritical I'd say.

Not really. He's actually doing a job, for one thing, not sitting around and picking up a wage, which I assume the players he's referring to are doing.

Say what you want about the level of job he's doing, but you can guarantee that the bloke will be putting a hell of a lot of hours in.

Also, he might be retiring after Boro for all we know.

I've seen this said a bunch of times but I'm pretty sure it was reported as a back 3 because Friend and Fabio were both playing. I remember watching the game and thinking entirely different though, looked more to me like a 4-4-2 with Fabio playing left-wing and Baker playing right-wing.

That's why I said a weird sort of back three as there were times when Friend looked like an orthodox left back and times when he seemed to be one of three at the back.  Yeah Fabio was ahead of him down the left and Baker seemed to be over on the right but also coming inside into the middle I seem to remember.  One of the weirdest set ups I've seen as a Boro fan probably and perhaps predictably we were rubbish, Friend in particular was terrible that day from memory.

Most of the questions put to him were good, however there was one bloke who said "I didn't want you here to start with, and I don't want you here now" 

Hahaha. Not likely to get me in the same room as that fella. Though love the answer about only wanting players who want to be here given what someone (rafsmog possibly) said about him not wanting to be here after next season. A little hypocritical I'd say.

Not really. He's actually doing a job, for one thing, not sitting around and picking up a wage, which I assume the players he's referring to are doing.

Say what you want about the level of job he's doing, but you can guarantee that the bloke will be putting a hell of a lot of hours in.

Nah Tom, I think Tudders is right, we should all open a petition to make sure he's here for another 5 years to stop this awful hypocrisy from taking place.

Nah Tom, I think Tudders is right, we should all open a petition to make sure he's here for another 5 years to stop this awful hypocrisy from taking place.

Feel free. Can't see many signatures being collected though.

I'd rather sign one to get rid of him to stop this awful anti football taking place

I'd rather sign one to get rid of him to stop this awful anti football taking place

Anti football? Which took us to the play offs? Okay..

Anti football? Which took us to the play offs? Okay..

Sign the petition

From Pulis’ comments this evening, along with Rafs hintings, I think it looks like our mystery three will be Besic, Waghorn and Hugill.

If so, I reckon we will be lining up like this...

Randolph

Shotton Flint Gibson Friend

McNair Clayton/Howson Besic

Traore Hugill Waghorn

Our play will be very one dimensional i.e. get the ball to Traore and either allow him to win free kicks/corners or to get balls in the box with Hugill, McNair and Waghorn attacking the box. Our football will not be pretty I can guarantee that but I’m going to try and get behind it for the time being. Thinking positively, we will be a horrible team to play against and hopefully it will be effective in terms of results. It’s also, arguably, a better starting 11 than we finished last season with. Flint and Ayala are much of a muchness. McNair, in my opinion, offers more than Howson. Although I dislike him, I do think Waghorn will provide more in terms of end product than Downing. And I think Hugill is probably a better target man than Gestede.

Let’s just hope Traore signs this contract he’s been offered as without him I have no idea how that team functions.

If those do turn out to be the three we sign I think it will mean De Sart, Leadbitter, Braithwaite plus one of Fletcher/Assombalonga/Gestede will be out the door. And hopefully, in addition to those three, we add a starting right back who can also fill in at left back if needed. No idea who that could be though.

I know, it would only be your name in that petition as you're the only one who thinks he's being a hypocrite when he's the one committed to the length of his contract and the players he's talking about aren't. I don't think he ever had any intention of staying beyond the 18 months or he'd have been given a longer contract. It doesn't remotely question his commitment for the duration of his time here though.

From Liverpool Echo:

“Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that Sheyi Ojo is set to leave Liverpool on loan.

The 21-year-old winger has been the subject of interest from Championship outfit Middlesbrough ”

Doesn’t means it’ll definitely be us but no other club mentioned

From Liverpool Echo:

“Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that Sheyi Ojo is set to leave Liverpool on loan.

The 21-year-old winger has been the subject of interest from Championship outfit Middlesbrough ”

Doesn’t means it’ll definitely be us but no other club mentioned

On loan is also a lot better than a 10m permanent signing

Ojo, hugill, waghorn and besic would be a fairly satisfying end to the transfer window. Would prefer full backs to be upgraded too though, really think they'll be targeted all next season as it stands.